Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Evil Overlord, Now Hiring  (Read 8583 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Overlord, Now Hiring
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2012, 03:49:48 pm »

((Your secret objectives will be PM'd! :D
Also, from this update, my timezone will change to GMT+9, so all updates will be done in the middle of the night xD))
((And yet you do it early morning.  :P))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2012, 03:55:16 pm »

((Not in that timezone yet. Sending PMs soon.))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

"Could you tell us more about these paladins?" Maldavia asked, feigning leisurely disinterest. "Or about this village, for that matter?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »

So no villagers are to be harmed, I guess I will have to capture a paladin then, what re their capailities? Specifically any magic resistances

« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:04:31 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2012, 09:09:09 pm »

Navarre spent some time examining the other people in the throne room with the corner of his eye and through his slitted helm. "How well-informed are those paladins about us?" He asked, resting his hands at the retractable supporting handles of Relictus. "I wonder if they happen to know who we are and who we serve. I wonder as well how capable they are".

He expected the paladins to know nothing of the ones called by the Dark Lord, or at the very least be unable to recognize their figures even if their existence was known. If it happened to be true, he could take advantage of his armored visage. His armor was pristine and leaned more towards "heroic" than "villainous", which could be of use.

Spoiler: Navarre Adhel's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:14:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:55 pm »

Is there a white-list for this game? I'm thinking about joining it at some point.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2012, 05:25:48 pm »

Tali stays quiet, idly sharpening her axe.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2012, 01:28:11 am »

"Could you tell us more about these paladins?" Maldavia asked, feigning leisurely disinterest. "Or about this village, for that matter?"

"THEY ARE THE SQUADRON KNOWN AS THE RADIANT SUNLIGHT THAT PIERCES THE DEEPEST SHADOW, AKA THE RADIANTS, AND THEY HAVE A MARKING OF A SUN WITH FOUR LONG SPOKES AND THREE SHORTER ONES. THEY ARE ONE OF THE SMALLER PALADIN SQUADS, AND WEAKER, FOR THAT. THE LEADER GOES BY THE NAME OF WEN.
"THE VILLAGE IS A SMALL ONE, MAYBE A HUNDRED PEOPLE, AND LITTLE IN THE WAY OF TRAFFIC.
"

So no villagers are to be harmed, I guess I will have to capture a paladin then, what re their capailities? Specifically any magic resistances

"NO VILLAGERS ARE TO BE HARMED MORE THAN NECESSARY. YOU MAY DO WHATEVER YOU WANT TO THE PALADINS. THEY ARE ADEPT AT SWORDS AND HAVE A SHIELD OF FAITH."

Navarre spent some time examining the other people in the throne room with the corner of his eye and through his slitted helm. "How well-informed are those paladins about us?" He asked, resting his hands at the retractable supporting handles of Relictus. "I wonder if they happen to know who we are and who we serve. I wonder as well how capable they are".

"THEY WOULD NOT KNOW, OF COURSE. THEIR INTEL CONSISTS OF KIDNAPPING PEOPLE TO QUESTION AND KEEPING THEM UNTIL THEY ADMIT TO WHATEVER THE QUESTIONER SEEKS TO KNOW. THEY DO NOT HAVE SPIES OR OTHER METHODS OF INTEL."

Is there a white-list for this game? I'm thinking about joining it at some point.
"IN THE EVENT THAT ANY UNDERLING SUFFERS A PREMATURE, OPTIONALLY PAINFUL, AND PERMANENT DEATH, I MAY BE AMICABLE TO THE IDEA OF ACCEPTING OTHER PEOPLE."

Tali stays quiet, idly sharpening her axe.

[6->6->1] Tali whets the axe so much that it has a razor-sharp edge, but will shatter on the first hit it deals.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 02:09:32 am »

Syrin asks for permision to start prepairations and if given she collects some food for supplies, a map of the region and a nun disguise
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2012, 04:12:40 am »

"Well, let's get going then, shall we?"

She turned to her... companions. "Any thoughts on a plan? I'd assumed we'd just march in there and rough them up a little, but I'm open to suggestions."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2012, 06:04:58 am »

Well I want to go in there in disguise to scope out the situation first I do not like going into places blind

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:59 am »

"What abilities do the rest of you have? You've probably heard of my necromantic power, but even I wouldn't want to attack an entrenched gang of paladins in a direct assault on such short notice. It would be easy enough if we were outright sacking the town, but the collateral damage would upset our lord and be bad for our continued existence. A feint would just alert them."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2012, 10:08:57 am »

Navarre crossed his arms thoughtfully. "Misinformation. One of the less obviously evil of us should tell them there is a commotion somewhere else far away, or alternatively we could create that commotion in a forest or somewhere a little far and make sure some of the peasants notice it before moving on to call the paladins. Kidnapping some of them and leaving them tied upside down to trees in the woods is also a good way of getting them to move out from the settlement without much hassle. I don't think that fighting all of them will prove easy."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2012, 10:14:59 am »

Tali thought a moment.

"I'm good at sneakin', infiltratin' and backstabbin'. Let me go in first, I'll raise a hue and cry. Any case, boss gave me a special job, I should see to it first. Paladins don't put much ranks in spot, you kennit?

Leave it up to me, I'm a right professional at these things."

Spoiler: Villainous Resources (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2012, 03:04:45 pm »

Maldavia cocked her head disdainfully.

"I'm all in favor of a little finesse, but is there a point to all this talk of misdirection and skulking about? Sooner or later we're going to have to engage them, and I'd rather not faff about uselessly beforehand merely to feel clever.

As for my own skills, I'm primarily a seductress and leader of others. I also possess some magical ability, but it's not really my strong suit. Still, if we need anyone talked to, be it a hostile paladin or a sympathetic villager, I'm likely the one for that."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6