Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: ADOM: Ressurection - Crowdfunding  (Read 28955 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ADOM: Ressurection - Crowdfunding
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2013, 01:17:50 am »

this IS the ADOM thread, and he is giving us updates on the status of development. I wouldnt assume that nobody discussing the game means that nobody is interested. Theres just not too much to say until release.
Meh. I figured the lack of discussion meant that there already was an ADOM thread.

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2014, 09:28:13 am »

I dug reading his posts, there's no need to police this thread I thinik.

ADOM is the last big roguelike for me to try out. I've basically tried and decided how I felt about all the other big ones, but ADOM seems unique in certain ways and I'd really like to delve in eventually. I think I'm using the ressurection as an excuse to start when it's finished

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2014, 05:54:28 pm »

little bit of bumping,

I didn't noticed before, but last month there was a new public (as in you can download it even if you didn't donated) prerelease , 1.20 p23 :

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/05/adom-120p23-released-to-general-public.html

I have only briefly given a try, and noticed there's some kind of autoexploration, you press w then a direction and your character will only stop at something like a new corridor, an opening, a door, a monster etc...
That's the "walk mode" apparently, i looked on the main website and found this if you want to know more :
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/06/awesome-new-movement-commands-coming-up.html
www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/06/demo-showing-some-of-new-movement.html

And there's a tutorial mode, i don't remember if it was there in previous public prerelease, should be interesting for those new to the game.

And something interesting for even more ease of use, the dev seems to consider contextual menu too :
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/06/new-context-menus-in-adom.html

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2014, 04:24:03 am »

Fun, you posted that on 11 June, and that's the day ADOM got greenlit on Steam!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2014, 06:16:27 am »

I didn't noticed it reached that goal, but i wasn't interested much too, as i don't care about steam, but i guess that's great for the dev.

That said, here's a summary of what's new on the public prerelease 23 since the latest public release from last year :

- Monster evolution, rarity and distribution reworked (the objective was to make late game more interesting)
- Corruption rate turned down on deeper level (probably to adjust to the late game increase of difficulty and allowing to explore more)
- Experience given by some very powerful monsters reworked (to avoid i guess getting max level way before the endgame)
- Tutorial mode (that additionally tone down the difficulty from some part of the games like hunger for a while , advantage that disappear progressively as you advance and feature an introduction dungeon)
- A new dungeon, themed around an Ice Queen domain and another that i have no information about
- Appearance is not an useless stat anymore ( read )
- the ultra ending (in case you want to go beyond the regular ending) is even more difficult apparently (big bad chaos god is buffed by example)
- You can make notes/engrave on items

And of course tons of bug fixed

You can see the complete changelog here :
http://www.ancardia.com/changelog.html
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:23:31 am by Robsoie »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2014, 07:04:03 pm »

Something new i just ran into , i had no idea they existed in the game : there are random uniques in Adom too.
This one is Huckree the goblin , when i met him there was a little text presenting him and a music change.

Unfortunately for Huckree, my berserking dwarf barbarian at that point can hit really, really hard, looted more than 1000 gold on the corpse, there were some weapons, no idea if they were special as they weren't the type of weapon my character was using and i didn't carried any identify scroll.

After looking around a bit, i found that there are much more of those uniques, called "boss monsters" :
http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Boss_monster

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2014, 10:53:10 pm »

They never fulfilled the kickstarter... People who paid for kickstarter will have to pay again to get new features.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2014, 03:24:20 am »

Spent countless hours on ADOM in the past, one of the first roguelikes that started me on the 'true' path. I just wish JADE would get all the attention instead. A GUI, bugfixed, a few quests and some random knick-knacks for ADOM, is this really what we need to be spending a year + on ?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 03:26:37 am by Mookzen »

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

They never fulfilled the kickstarter... People who paid for kickstarter will have to pay again to get new features.

Not sure what's you're referring to here, there have been 23 private prereleases for people that backed at the appropriate level and a small handful of public ones, with new classes, races, items, and dungeons.  The steam version will add additional convenience and social features but that was made clear during the funding campaign.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2014, 06:35:15 am »

Spent countless hours on ADOM in the past, one of the first roguelikes that started me on the 'true' path. I just wish JADE would get all the attention instead. A GUI, bugfixed, a few quests and some random knick-knacks for ADOM, is this really what we need to be spending a year + on ?

No small feats adding an entire original musical score and graphics to the game after all these years---the gains on ADOM have been tremendous, largely because Biskup has managed to do the one thing least common in the Roguelike world:   Assemble a diversely skilled team to attack all issues from all angles.

The other big thing to remember is "JADE", now known as ADOM II as JADE is just the engine designation, IS intended to inherit a great deal of these improvements to classic ADOM as opposed to having to throw it all away and start from scratch all over again.  While I too will enjoy the time when it gets the spotlight proper, it is clear to me that the adventurous journey of ADOM of later will make it all the better and smoother.

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2014, 07:59:20 am »

Not sure what's you're referring to here, there have been 23 private prereleases for people that backed at the appropriate level and a small handful of public ones, with new classes, races, items, and dungeons.  The steam version will add additional convenience and social features but that was made clear during the funding campaign.

Just because you add a release number does not mean he fulfilled what was promised. It's missing a lot.... Many of the preleases are just bug fixes and tweaks. He listed a number of things he would add. They are not present. Go to the kickstarter page and look.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2014, 08:04:11 am »

You mean all the features didn't suddenly appear the moment the kickstarter ended? Wow! What a scam!

Does it say anywhere that work on this is going to stop?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2014, 08:50:41 am »

I was curious to see about the indiegogo goals (it wasn't on kickstarter actually):
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/resurrect-adom-development#home
If this Indiegogo campaign is successful in reaching the funding goal, you will see a new release of ADOM, version 1.2.0. Here are some of the things you can expect:

New stable releases for all supported platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Amiga, NetBSD, FreeBSD; Android and iPad/iOS are going to be stretch goals). Operating systems have evolved since 2002 and compatibility is becoming a serious issue.
the latest public prelease is available for Window, Linux and Mac

Bug fixes for every bug we can find
a huge lots of bug have been fixed, see changelog
    Game balance patches
The latest rebalance i noticed concerned the late game i mentionned and linked to in a previous post up there.

45 new items will be added (but see below for that extra level).
    4 new monsters will be added (but see below for that extra level).
    46 new artifacts will be added (available as subsets per game, but see below for that extra level).
    At least 12 new corruptions will be added to the corruption system.
at the time i write :
33 new items are in
3 new monsters are in
7 new artifacts are in
17 new corruptions are in

As a result of "getting over with funding on August 22nd" an extra special new boss monster with a special new map, 2 new artifacts, 4 new minion monsters for said boss and 16 new items that only will be recoverable on said special level are going to be added to the game.
no idea if it's in, unless this is about the Ice Queen, as the Ice Queen domain is in already but in the same time in the stretch goal quest #1 and #2 are about the Ice Queen, so maybe this goal is refering to something else that is not implemented, i don't know
    More elaborate interaction for many things that are currently only handled superficially
    UI improvements to bring ADOM up-to-date with the progress the roguelike genre has made, to be decided upon based on recommendations of players in the forums (e.g. colored message, some kind of auto-exploration and others)
There's a lot of mouse driven stuff now, the "kind of auto-exploration" is in ( press w then a direction), and the context based article i linked in a previous post show some of the incoming functionality

A series of magical statues distributed across the dungeons
Didn't noticed any, but i just started replaying with the new public prerelease , but apparently 219 of 269 of those are implemented
    A roster of new named random boss monsters with special powers
as mentionned in a previous post, it's already in (the 147 of them)
    Exciting new graphics for the title screen and some quest-related events
    Audio for sound effects and music for the game areas and important events
This is already in from what i saw while playing
    A freshly revised manual
well if that manual.txt file is that "freshly revised manual", it's in, but i would expect some nice illustrated PDF for such a manual linked with a money crowdfunding.

Now for the stretch goals :
stretch goal #1 : noteye support  -  it's in already
stretch goal #2 : customised tile  - it's in already
stretch goal #3 : additional classes&races - they're in already
stretch goal #4 : adom deluxe on steam - they just go greenlighted yesterday
stretch goal #5 : volcano quest - it's NOT in
stretch goal #6 : rolf quest - it's NOT in
stretch goal #7 : two more new quests -  , quest #1 and #2 seems to all be about the Ice Queen domain and are in
stretch goal #8 : three more new quests - they're not in as far as i know

So all in all, indeed not everything is in, but there's a lot that is already.
And for someone that didn't put any money in it , i'm rather happy to play the game in the current state the public prerelease 23 is.
It was already a great game lots of years ago, it's even better now.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2014, 10:32:39 am »

Cataclysm is keeping my roguelike urges in check quite successfully for the time being, when is the first public release of new-ADOM due anyone know ?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2014, 11:11:41 am »

The "final" release date is very likely unknown even for the dev.
Regularly (or irregularly) the dev release a "prerelease", most of the time it is only available to those that have donated or contributed to his indiegogo campaign.

But from time to time, one of those prerelease is going public too, so you can download the latest version of Adom even without having donated anything.
It's the case of prerelease 23 that was released last month and that you can download and play :
http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.com/2014/05/adom-120p23-released-to-general-public.html
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9