-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25658 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:46 pm »

pokies
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2013, 10:02:06 pm »

*Prods with a stick*

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2013, 04:06:44 am »

*Beat javier with the stick*
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2013, 04:37:32 am »

Funny story. I was going to update yesterday because of the attempts to perform neromatic spells on the thread, but then this happened. It's been so long that I couldn't remember what the last update entailed so I didn't work on one. I'm going to do one now though.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2013, 07:10:33 am »

Turn 8: It's back(again (again))

Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mayard: "Olof what would happen if I released say Shelby from my control?
Olof: "Well when you release a skeleton, or any other minion It largely depends on the minion. Their personality and how you've treated them. Of course accurately guessing their reactions to being free is very difficult. Spirits aren't like us so they think in different ways. They don't particularly care about life, although they do care about the lives of friends or allies, this is mostly because in their own plane relationships between different spirits is more or less the only thing that exists beyond the spirits themselves. It's a chaotic place, spirits form from radiant energy, grow stronger and most of the time, die. Their bodies break down into energy and create more spirits. Less powerful spirits have to form alliances out of necessity while powerful spirits are like gods. Nothing can harm them so they don't bother with paying attention to the smaller spirits. So the more powerful the spirit the less likely it will be friendly or care about you. Shelby is currently around... I'd say a minor spirit, so the chances of her running off are slim. Spirits don't have to listen to you once you've released them keep in mind so chances are even if they aren't comfortable running away they won't go following you into danger. In all I wouldn't suggest releasing minions. In my experience every spirit I've released has just run off, sometimes trying to kill me before hand. Being enslaved isn't nice you see."
Mayard: "Well okay."
Olof: "Have you got any other questions?"
Mayard: "No not at the moment."
Olof: "Good. Now I think we need to have a serious talk. This light mage has got me spooked. It's bad enough he's around but since he is likely looking for a necromancer we could be in a lot of danger."
Mayard: "What do you think we should do?"
Olof: "I think we should get out of here as soon as possible. As suspicious as it is to leave the village staying here is just asking for trouble."
Mayard: "You are probably right. But I'm not really equipped for travel. Sure we've got a map and maybe the skeletons could carry the equipment we've gathered but we don't have any supplies."
Olof: "You could steal supplies. But I don't think you would. You could always hunt and forage too, you've been hunting right?"
Mayard: "Only a few times. I'm not really good at it."

You both go quiet for a bit. You're not sure if you are ready to leave the village either. It is your home after all.

Mayard: "Well I was going to give Shelby skeletal muscle now."
Olof: "Okay good, let's see how you go."

Panel 2:
You look at Shelby and proceed to perform the ritual, you are sure if it was being described in a text based format the author would have trouble describing it, in act you bet they wouldn't be able to all together. They'd probably just gloss over it and proceed to the end product:
Spoiler: ta da (click to show/hide)

Panel 3:
Shelby now has skeletal muscle, if you could call that muscle. Olof assures you that having  flaps of translucent purple muscle between the ribs will make Shelby stronger though.

From now on Shelby gains a permanent flat rate bonus to her health as well as scaling bonuses to her strength and dexterity.

You should probably go to the town hall or tavern to keep up appearances.

Inventorical:

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:25:58 am by Evil Lincoln »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:58 pm »

I vote town hall.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2013, 05:50:02 pm »

But if we go to the tavern, we can catch up on town Gossip, whilst also maybe getting some new friends!(maybe)

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2013, 06:15:15 pm »

I vote we hang around tavern for a few then check out the town hall to compromise.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2013, 08:42:57 pm »

We should befriend the spooky-lady.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:23 am »

Turn 9: Return of the tavern

Panel 1:
You decide to head to the tavern for now. People are more likely to gossip there after all. You'll probably stop by the town hall later anyway. You'll keep an eye out for Anne too, that stuff she said before the fight has you a bit worried so it'd be nice to see what's up with that. You get everyone downstairs. You wish you had a sheet of cloth to cover the dead grouge with, Gurdy is really disturbed by it.

Panel 2:
You arrive outside the tavern to see Anne talking to her father. No wait, having an argument with her father. It also looks like that guard you talked to last time you were here is keeping watch from the balcony.

Panel 3:
Anne and her father finish yelling and as he walks off towards the town hall she walks towards you.

Mayard: "Hello Anne."
Anne: "Hello Mayard. Are you leaving the village soon?"

Oh great.

Mayard: "Um. No, why would I leave."
Anne: "We both know why you would leave. Now I need to know."
Mayard: "Well um maybe. Why do you want to know anyway? It's not li-"
Anne: "I need to get out of here as soon as possible and it would be safest if we both left together. I could be killed by the grouges if I tried to leave alone."
Mayard: "Together? What would people think if we ran off?"
Anne: "It would be nothing compared to what would happen if they found out what you are. Not that I would tell them of course."

You can't tell if that last remark was a lie or sarcasm or the truth. You tried to keep your cool but frankly you are terrified by this situation.

Inventorical:

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)

This is author notes but I left it out of the spoiler because it's semi important.

I'm wondering how much people would like me too set up a glossary post(s). I'd try my best to keep it up to date with stuff like the background information and have information on the skills you know as well as some stats maybe. Since currently it's even confusing for me to know what you do and don't know and some information is likely long forgotten since it seems like forever since it was stated.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:22:56 am by Evil Lincoln »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2013, 10:34:51 am »

now I want to know why she would have to leave and is even worried about getting killed. (which should also help shifting the focus of the conversation from ourselves)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2013, 10:37:13 am »

Discuss the matter in a more private location
Then ask her why she wants to leave

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2013, 03:31:02 pm »

Discuss the matter in a more private location
Then ask her why she wants to leave

This.
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »

And offer to take her with us.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2013, 09:09:40 pm »

And offer to take her with us.
We must keep a calm, and dominant stature, if she feels she can control us; she will control us to her every whim

Outright, and blatantly agreeing would imply that we have a weaker will, and therefore, are easier to manipulate

We must see her side of the story first, but keep our cool
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12