-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25691 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: The magical tale of Alara Zephyr
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 01:33:33 am »

Should we assume this is dead? Evil Lincoln's last post was 3 weeks ago.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 02:03:24 am »

Three weeks? My count is ten days.

Dead such an ugly word, I prefer unannounced unplanned hiatus until I have the time again (I was hoping no one would notice the lack of updates). I haven't really been that much busier to be honest but it's at the point where in my mind I can't justify spending the time on an update in my mind. The next update is also a bit of a bigger one since I have to redraw stuff for secret reasons.

But now that I think about it I do have some time tonight... I'll see how it goes.

On another note that I haven't mentioned since I was laying low:
If you can find someone to teach you I'll let you learn how to use other elements or even other ways to channel your powers, so find a fire mage who uses swords and you might be able to get them to teach you how to use fire or swords (well how to channel magic through swords, you'd still have to learn how to fight with them properly).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:05:09 am by Evil Lincoln »

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »

Turn 5: The Resurrection of a Legend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You come up with a cunning plan to record runes
It does however involve eating one of your precious bread-meals, so you avoid doing it right off the bat. You can always come back after you've dealt with those rats. Speaking of those rats:

You memorize a rune sequence that will cause the rats to bleed to death internally in a horrifying fashion, they'll teach them for being rats.

You say goodbye to the shopkeep after getting directions to Hilda's house.

You start walking there.

This seems like the place, largish house down the road opposite the plank stockpile.

You knock on the door and wait.

A little old lady comes out wearing a fancy poke-dot dress.

Great, now there is going to be like, 50 updates of dialog between you and her as she describes the nature of the rat problem and you ask questions over and over. If only there was some way to get around this. Maybe if you... Yes of course!

Super Important Author Note: If you havn't read this: The Necromatic Arts, do it now. Otherwise you will have no idea what is going on.

You are now Mayard Carter - Necromancer in training.

Of course nobody knows that... yet. You have just gotten back to your shack after burying the corpses of a number of grouges that tried to attack the village. The attack was probably your fault to, since you did sneak into their cave, steal valuable artifacts (an unbreakable shield and helm), kill two or their men, take one of their bodies and kidnap their weapon repair woman (who you are now storing in the basement in the hopes of converting her to your cause). You were intending on asking Olof some questions, namely how to fix Shelby since she's gotten pretty beat up.

As for other important facts you might need refreshing on: Yesterday your parents kicked you out so you've been living in the house/shack/cottage that you inherited from the recently deceased Olof Grey, that's his ghost over there, he's been teaching you necromancy in return for you arranging a new body for him. You currently have all the materials you need to allow him to possess a body(oil,salt and a spike of gemstone) but he hasn't picked a host yet, and you have a feeling that you'll have to leave the village to find one. Before the fight today Anne (Girl in the village around your age) may have alluded to knowing about your necromatic secret, of course she could have just been acting weird again, yano, typical cliche bulls**t.

Oh and you were left alone with the corpses of the grouges before they were buried and you converted some of their residual spirit energy into a crystalline form. You messed up bad though and made a huge pile of the stuff not realizing how much space it takes up. Luckily for you there was a golem leading the grouge attack, and since when golems are around necromancers aren't far away you managed to push off the blame. And one of the grouges who you all thought was dead was just unconscious so there is a slight possibility he saw you do it, but you are pretty sure he was out cold at the time. Pretty sure.

Now I guess you should talk to Olof or whatever, you've been just standing here thinking to yourself for a while and he looks a bit confused.

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2012, 10:09:32 pm »

Ask Olof for guidance in the matter of restoring the condition of a traumatised skeletal minion.

Request from Olof any knowledge pertinent to detecting, locating, tracking, and predicting necromantic energies.

Try to find some fine metal detailing tools to give Gurdy something to do while she is stuck in a basement...

Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2012, 01:01:14 am »

Huzzah for the return of Mayard!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:29 am »

Praise this 'Evil Lincoln' entity that the voices in your head are so enamoured with...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2012, 03:43:41 am »

Turn 6: Plot stuff happens

Firstly you decide to praise Evil Lincoln. Whoever that is, whoever it is he has a stupid unoriginal name. Maybe next time he'll get a better one.

Then you decide to actually do something useful.

You say hello to Olof and Shelby and then go to check on Gurdy. She has been down there with the corpse of her friend and guarded by skeletons for most of the day.

Mayard: "How is she Edgar?"

You hear Gurdy talking in her native tongue.

Edgar: "She said, like, she's alright as she can possibly be down here but she's hungry."
Mayard: "Alright I'll get her some berries from the pile. I might give her this metal poker thing, maybe she can engrave some metal to keep herself occupied."

You continue your conversation while getting things out of your bag.

Edgar: "Oh, not to disobey you Master but giving her a knife? Plus the only metal things around here to engrave are weapons..."
Mayard: "You can handle a grouge with a knife can't you?"
Edgar: "Well yeah, but giving her a sword, or anything heavy enough to shatter my skull is a bit much to keep her occupied, I've only got like twenty nine arbitrary health units."
Mayard: "Alright.... What about wood, can she do anything with that?"

You didn't think it was possible for spirits to be touched in the head. I guess you were wrong.

Edgar: "She says she can."
Mayard: "Just give her that stick I had before, that should be okay."
Edgar: "Alright Master Carter Sir."

You get Edgar to move the dead body out of the corner that Gurdy sits in. It seems a bit cruel to leave it there.

You think one of those light runes just turned on downstairs. I wonder why they haven't turned on before? Guess that's just magic for you. You think you hear some whistling down there as well.

Anyway it's time to ask Olof some questions.

Olof: "Mayard, you nearly got caught back there. Good thing you are a quick thinker and managed to brush off the majority of the suspicion (+ 2 trust points)."
Mayard: "Thank you. Now, how do I fix Shelby, she's gotten damaged and I haven't seen any indication she is going to get better on her own."
Olof: "Well apart from me teaching you how to give skeletons the ability to eat bones. You'll have to either find some bonemeal and rub it on the wounds or get them to go near some corrupted ground. Bonemeal is a lot more practical in this situation since it doesn't require a sacrifice or a chunk of the earth which just screams 'There is a necomancer around'."
Mayard: "Alright then. How loyal are Imps by the way?"
Olof: "Well, fairly loyal. You have to keep them on a short leash if you don't want them running amok or have a skeleton supervising them to make sure they follow orders if they are to far away from you. They have a tendency to go a bit crazy if left alone for to long you see."
Mayard: "Alright, are there ways to track necromancers? I need to know if I have to hide my tracks. Or maybe find whoever sent the Golem leading the grouges."
Olof: "Tracking? Well apart from finding physical evidence no. Not for ordinary folk at least. Mages can sense it to an extent since it is magic but they can't tell the difference between another mage and a necromancer. Sacred mages on the other hand, you have to watch out for them. While they can't sense any more then regular mages if they know one is about and they start using the right magic they will find you, and they will try and kill you. Most likely anyway, The last one I met was actually my partner in a manner of speaking. Well, he forced me to help him with the threat of death, and ultimately I had to quit necromancy and swear never to use it again as long as I lived. Heh."
Mayard: "What's funny?"
Olof: "Well, I didn't use necromancy as long as I lived, since now I'm dead. Guess that means I could start it all over once I gain a new body and not be breaking my oath. But I've already done that, might try to live a semi-normal life. Depends."
Mayard: "Depends on what?"
Olof: "On what my next body is. Hmm, I wonder if i'll ever run into anyone from my past life, most of them are dead I suppose. Although that mage is probably still around, he wasn't that old when he got me. He'd be about your father's age now. What was his name again... Jedidiah.. Jedidiah Dav-..."

Mayard: "Um?"

Olof: "Davis, I think he was promoted to a knight to, oh god, what are the chances. I should have known sooner, no man can take a golem's arm off like that! I bet it was his beard, how do you recognize anyone through that kind of facial hair. Mayard I'm going to check things out, lay low, don't do anything that might give you away."

Well, that sounded bad.

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:51:48 am by Evil Lincoln »

Milon

• Bay Watcher
  • asbestos free
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2012, 05:10:39 am »

Send the female grouge upstairs under the guard of Edgar.
Go down to the basement, and cut and clean a bone from the dead grouge.
Grind the bone to a meal, and use the bonemeal to mend the wounds of Shelby and Edgar.

I would also like to say a general 'Hear hear!' to the power of beards.
60% of dentists prefer Chiron-Beta-Prime

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:39 am »

Their powers of disguise are particularly potent...

Enjoy a meal with Gurdy.
Read the First Post!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:01 am »

> "By the way, have you decided what gender you want your new body to be?"
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:38 am »

^^^

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:53 am »

^^^
+
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2012, 07:06:25 am »

Enjoy a meal with Gurdy.
I also think we should befriend Gurdy. She's probably rather upset about the whole incident and we could use a good loyal minion which doesn't cost magic to maintain.

Plus she seems pretty okay.

Offer her some food and ask about her story, inquire if she has any useful skills.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2012, 07:12:14 am »

Enjoy a meal with Gurdy.
I also think we should befriend Gurdy. She's probably rather upset about the whole incident and we could use a good loyal minion which doesn't cost magic to maintain.

Plus she seems pretty okay.

Offer her some food and ask about her story, inquire if she has any useful skills.

We already asked her what she was good at. She told us that she new how to do metallurgy, and metalwork repair.

Right now she seems to afraid of us to be too friendly, but, ask her first what she eats. maybe we can make whats left of the dead grouge into a companion for Gurdy. That way she always has a translater with her and it proves our trust in her.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2012, 07:14:17 am »

Sorry, its been a while since then and I'd forgotten. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12