-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25689 times)

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile

Gloves
So we avoid dieing for a bit, get more experienced, then draw some ruses on a pair of gloves. And that is why artificer is best magic user.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

But we don't know what those runes might do since we can't draw them properly! We might literally tear our own arms off! That and if the runes get damaged by, say weather or by someone with a bit of charcoal or something, then the runes are suddenly no good anymore!

And that's why Artificer sucks.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Walk to the village.
While travelling, practise manipulating the wind to catch your hair, you want to make an impressive entrance...

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

This whole glove debacle makes me want to create a multiplayer game in which characters use various implements and methods to do magic. Right now I'm thinking all the characters have recently graduated from mage school (basically medieval fantasy high school) and they have one last summer together before their lives inevitably drift apart.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile

Take a small swig of water from your flask as you do so. make it look like you aren't even trying.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take a small swig of water from your flask as you do so. make it look like you aren't even trying.
Actually that reminds me of a good point, I'm pretty sure the flask is actually empty.

Before we head out we should stop by the lake to fill our flask. You should always carry a source of water to drink when traveling.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile

Turn 2:

You head towards the village. As you walk you decide you need to make an entrance, something not to flashy, but its gotta have flare. You know, you can make your hair blow in the wind, yeah, that'll impress people.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You focus your magical energy ready to make the wind blow against you.

Oh shit, oh god, hair, hair in face!

Okay, maybe you should have the wind hit from the front instead of from behind, that just ends in tears.

You put your hair back to it's former state and do a bit more practice as you continue to the village.

Ah, the village of Tuan. There are a few houses around, it looks like most of the homes are to your right but the most interesting things are here on the main road. There is a handy signpost that will give you some directions. There is also a Job board* over there. It might be a good idea to give it a look over and see if there are any jobs you could do. There is also a small shop, but more importantly there is a shop keeper, time to make an entrance.

* Job boards are magical boards that were placed by Calen (God of cloth) since he was displeased at how mages/adventurers had amazing abilities but were often unable to find work. So he created these boards in important locations to let people know about jobs that needed doing. The boards are enchanted so that once a job notice is placed on them the fabric coating of the board changes on nearby boards to also show the notice. The closer the original notice is to the board the more defined the cloth replica is.

You remove your glass flask full of water so you can take a drink out of it while your hair and magic do their thing.

You focus your power.

Here we go. The shop keeper doesn't seem to notice, better up the ante.

Oops, you drop the flask's cap. You relax your arm to try and make it seem intentional. The shopkeeper raises an eyebrow, so you decide that is enough.

Shopkeep: "Hello."
Alara: "Hey."
Shopkeep: "So you're a mage right?"
Alara: "Yeah."
Shopkeep: "Well if you've got the money I've got some actual clothes inside as well as basic weapons and food."

You get the feeling he isn't really impressed.

Spoiler: Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:38:20 am by Evil Lincoln »

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Enter the shop and buy some real clothes.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Enter the shop and buy some real clothes.

If we have money, +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Enter the shop and browse as if disinterested, casually inquire about prices, then scoff at the cost and leave. We likely don't have enough money, so we should check out the job board instead.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: The magical tale of Alara Zephyr
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »

Briefly lose control over your impulse to laugh maniacally.

Thank the shopkeeper for their greeting and inquire about local fashions and the activities of the local free-lance champion population while inspecting the merchandise.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Oblivion2007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2012, 08:15:20 pm »

Well great job on making us look like fools. Just pick up the cap to the flask and follow him into the shop. Browse through his wares looking for some better clothes, traveling supplies, and some parchment. We specifically need some better boots(For walking long distances without hurting our feet, clay shoes must suck), a cloak(To protect us against the weather), something better for carrying drinking water with us, and a knife. The knife is a very important tool for all kinds of things and can obviously be used for a weapon.

CuRiSeeechun

• Bay Watcher
  • Available in 1 size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2012, 01:29:16 am »

Well great job on making us look like fools. Just pick up the cap to the flask and follow him into the shop. Browse through his wares looking for some better clothes, traveling supplies, and some parchment. We specifically need some better boots(For walking long distances without hurting our feet, clay shoes must suck), a cloak(To protect us against the weather), something better for carrying drinking water with us, and a knife. The knife is a very important tool for all kinds of things and can obviously be used for a weapon.
I completely support this, all is very logical.

Depending on the prices though, we might be forced to... drastic measures. If worse comes to worse, we could use a slight amount of magic to knock a whole heap of stuff over in another part of the store, and as he is picking it all up quickly stuff a few vital things into our pack then help him clean up, acting kind the whole time.
We need better stuff.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2012, 05:42:23 am »

I completely support this, all is very logical.

Depending on the prices though, we might be forced to... drastic measures. If worse comes to worse, we could use a slight amount of magic to knock a whole heap of stuff over in another part of the store, and as he is picking it all up quickly stuff a few vital things into our pack then help him clean up, acting kind the whole time.
We need better stuff.

Problem, he knows we're a magic user. I however support the idea of buying the vital things!
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 07:00:49 am »

Turn 3:
Alara: "I'll come in and see your wares in a minute, I want to check out the job board first."
Shopkeep: "Well that's understandable, I'll go in and tidy up."
Alara: "Wait, could you answer a few questions first?"
Shopkeep: "Alright, nothing better to do I suppose."
Alara: "What are the fashions like?"
Shopkeep: "Fashions? Mmm, Well turbans are out, ponchos are in, cloaks are still in style as always, people have started wearing these weird hats with little bells attached to them in the cities, and black is the new black."

At last, an answer to what was clearly the most important question to ask.

Alara: "Oh, and how are the local free-lance champions going?"
Shopkeep: "Well the empire has relaxed some of western patrols to free up troops. So a few beasties are running here now. I figured the empire expected the mages and such to pick up the slack, for the most part they have but the roads have become a lot more dangerous for ordinary folk."
Alara: "Thank you, I'll be in in a minute."

Plus you get to make him wait for a bit.

Well let's take a look at the job board then:
Well the closest job available is one in this town in fact. Presumably Hilda wants you to get rid of the rats in her basement in return for free food. You guess it would be easy, but you are guessing dinner isn't that valuable.
Apart from Tarnin you have no idea where any of these places are. You are going to need to either buy a map or get some directions if you want to try any of these.

Alright, let's go inside and buy some decent shoes.

Shopkeep: "Hello again, now what would you like to buy?"
Alara: "Well that depends what you have doesn't it."

You try and keep it casual while you check everything out, and notice you have no where near enough money to buy things.

There are a variety of clothes in a variety of colours, black leather boots, some sort of staff for combat, belts, belt pockets, knives, some red fruit, a trav-

OH MY VARIOUS GODS!
It's a complete and unabridged guide to magical runes!
You want need that book.

It's worth 20 silver coins. And you have seven copper coins. Dang. only 1993 coppers off.

Prices for items in the store:

Spoiler:  Author Notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 03:59:47 am by Evil Lincoln »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12