-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)  (Read 25637 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: The Mage-omatic Arts: Now with infinitely more Necromancy (and Mayard)
« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2013, 08:20:41 am »

Turn 10: In the woods

Panel 1:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You get Anne to come with you to somewhere more private. Namely the woods. Now all you have to do is try and take charge so she knows she can't control you.

Mayard: "Alright this is far enough. Now why would you want to leave the village?"
Anne: "The same reason as you, mostly. That mage is in town so I think it is time to leave."
Mayard: "What, why would you have to fear him. You're not practicing any dark arts. Wait are you?"
Anne: "No, I am not like you, it is something else. You might get away with what you are, if they find out about me they will kill, butcher and burn me."

She seems a bit afraid thinking about what people will do to her if they find out that, well if they find out whatever it is she isn't telling you. It doesn't seem like she is going to tell you but you may as well try asking more directly.

Mayard: "Anne what are you doing, or what are you that makes you think you will be killed if anyone finds out. I don't see why you would think I would want to run away with you if you won't tell me that much."
Anne: "I am not going to tell you Mayard, not until we leave, if we leave. So you can not go and tell everyone and get me stabbed while I sleep. Not that I think you would."
Mayard: "If it's that bad then why wouldn't I?"
Anne: "You understand that dark does not necessarily mean evil. Plus if you let me come with you I will bring my sewing equipment and some of the more valuable cloth I have. We can not eat it but we could trade it for food. I suppose I could make you clothes if you wanted if you would prefer that."

You think you did okay at staying in charge there it is just Anne after all, even under the circumstances.

Inventorical:

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:27:20 am by Evil Lincoln »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2013, 08:36:34 am »

lets ask her directly to tell us what we are, no more dancing around it.

if she can do that, then she can come. it would be nice to have somebody... living... and of the same species with us.

edit: maybe both the living aspect and the same species aspect will need adjustment when she can finaly tell us why she has to leave though ;)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:38:14 am by Talvara »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 31, 2013, 08:37:29 am »

Take advantage of the lone woman in the woods
Ask what she knows about us
Agree to go with her

Alara:
Do the Rat killing quest
Kill us some rats using our feet+ magic combo

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 31, 2013, 05:25:52 pm »

I say we tell her we just need to collect some more supplies for the journey. And ask her if she has any tips on how to go about that. After all, she's some sort of oracle, she can help us out with this.
But we should definitely ask her if what she is will attract hostile supernatural attention. We can run from mortals. Spirits/demons? Not so much.
If she can help us leave earlier, and isn't likely to cause demons to spontaneously appear, lets bring her and let her spill her guts(metaphorically) when we hit the trail.
Also lets guess if she's a telepath. A mind reader.

Hmm.. I wonder how Olof knows about the spirit world.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 31, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »

I guess that we need a couple of low level quests to be finished manually before we can justify a montage...

She wants to leave, we want to leave, it all seems reasonable enough. If she wanted to turn us in then there is plenty of evidence in our house, and it shouldn't take too much effort to sow enough discontent to get our house searched for signs of necromancy... She could have personal reasons for wanting us alone, possibly to steal our magic, control our mind, or kill us personally to satisfy some vengeance... but we really are pretty vulnerable to anyone who knows about us, so we may as well take it at face-value...

Lets agree to a meeting point, pack up our trunk, and get out of town while the area around our house is quiet. And we should make an effort to hide the basement, it really would be nice if nobody found it until we were long gone, try to make sure nothing down there will smell too much...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 01, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

Turn 11: Not taking advantage of lone women in the woods

Panel 1:

You decide to make sure having her along isn't going to draw any supernatural attention, as well as trying to guess what she can do while you 're at it.

Mayard: "Is taking you going to put me in any danger, are we going to get attacked by spirits or demons because of your oracular mind reading powers?"

You sure hope oracular is a word that means what you think it means, not like she'd even notice, you are only peasants.

Anne: "No, I do not think it is likely. If anything you would attract more attention, being an active link to the spirit plane."
Mayard: "Spirit plane, how much do you know anyway? You just show up spouting cryptic nonsense and that raises a lot of questions."
Anne: "I can feel your link to the spirit plane, I can see it on you, like a big glowing sign. I can feel the spirits in Olof's home and I can feel your link to them. I would have to be an idiot to not see what you have been doing."

You are silent for a bit before making up your mind. It seems like she knows to much to leave her behind and having someone with powers around could come in handy, it could be a trap but that doesn't seem to likely. You think you are doing alright at staying in control too, channeling your frustration with her helps.

Mayard: "Alright, I'll take you with me."
Anne: "Thank you."
Mayard: "I still need to gather supplies though. You wouldn't have any ideas on where to get any would you?"
Anne: "Well you could always just steal some crops. Maybe you could steal a cart to make it easier to carry stuff, people would notice it was missing though. "

You could decide on a place and time to meet at before you run off now, you could leave it until later though. Olof and Anne both seem to think that sooner is much more preferred then later. You might be able to get away with leaving tonight even, grab some food from the fields and get Shelby and Edgar to carry as much as possible. Stealing a cart seems like an alright idea but the only cart you know for certain is there in the blacksmith, since that is near the town hall it could be risky to take it especially now that the village is on alert. Of course that isn't the only cart in the village.

Inventorical:

Spoiler:  Author Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:59:59 am by Evil Lincoln »

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 01, 2013, 05:06:23 pm »

Hmm. We could get our minions to steal as many crops as possible tonight, then run off. That sounds wise. Then get Olof to play the security guard to make sure we're not spotted or messed with.
We should probably grab a cloak or mask or something to conceal our identity while we steal the crops.
Also lets bring the grouge with us, anyway.
We can meet back here in three hours, then leave?
Lets try to avoid anything especially risky.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:27 pm »

Hmm. We could get our minions to steal as many crops as possible tonight, then run off. That sounds wise. Then get Olof to play the security guard to make sure we're not spotted or messed with.
We should probably grab a cloak or mask or something to conceal our identity while we steal the crops.
Remove our poncho as well, people can identify us if we wear it.
And don't forget the clothe the skellies

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2013, 05:52:10 pm »

Remove our poncho as well, people can identify us if we wear it.
And don't forget the clothe the skellies
Yeah. I probably should've mentioned that, too. Lets wear only our cloak(EDIT: AND THE REST OF OUR CLOTHES WE OUGHT TO BE DECENT UNDER OUR CLOAK), and try to hide our face.
I'm unsure if we have enough stuff to clothe our skeletons, though. If we do, lets do it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:47:18 pm by Koliup »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2013, 07:41:09 pm »

Woah woah woah. Steal? What? Mayard isn't some evil necromancer. These crops are there to feed the villagers. This chick is a bad influence. There must be some way we can do this without stealing from the people we've grown up with all our lives.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2013, 07:42:34 pm »

Woah woah woah. Steal? What? Mayard isn't some evil necromancer. These crops are there to feed the villagers. This chick is a bad influence. There must be some way we can do this without stealing from the people we've grown up with all our lives.
We could always just show her our basement.....And seperate her flesh from bone.......

"Those people" would kill us if they found out we were a necromancer.

We also took a random dead guy, and took his skeleton for reanimate on in the woods; after years of training for it.....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:45:17 pm by javierpwn »

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2013, 07:51:33 pm »

True..
But we do need to feed ourselves.
I dunno. If the crops have been doing well this year, the villagers can afford to have a few plants taken.
Otherwise, we can probably get the skellingtons to hunt for us, which may be more interesting.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2013, 07:59:03 pm »

Do we still have a trunk full of jewellery in our house? If we can just make it to the next village with that then it should be possible to buy what we need without attracting too much attention... We can probably trade our shovel for enough supplies for a few days, and the skeletons should be able to carry things in the barrel until we can get a cart or build a sled...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:05 pm »

Shouldn't be terribly hard to hunt or forage on the way. Do we have any money we could buy food with legitimately?

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:41 am »

We also took a random dead guy, and took his skeleton for reanimate on in the woods; after years of training for it.....

Only 2 months of reading an evil little book if I remember correctly. I'm certain wasn't years. I also realized something a while back, you never got anything (like clothes or money) from the dead guy so I guess that means the dead guy was naked.

Shouldn't be terribly hard to hunt or forage on the way. Do we have any money we could buy food with legitimately?
Do we still have a trunk full of jewellery in our house?
I thought it would be a good idea to list what you have in your house while I was posting something.

A wooden chest (empty apart from some hay used for padding)
A barrel (full of water, you've actually washed blood off into there a few times so it might be a good idea to get fresh water unless you like the taste)
A table (probably not important to any plans)
A fancyish wooden box (It has a topaz spike in it that you need for Olof's possession ritual)

The shield and helm of darkmire (magical artifacts that are indestructible, was used by a necromancer that Olof knew at some point)
A long sword (compared to the characters though it's huge)
A orange metal axe ('orange metal' isn't a thing it's just an unidentified orange metal)
A fancy grouge knife
A crude knife (more a chunk of metal with a handle)
A broadsword (You are borrowing it from the village weapons cache)
A shovel
A stick (Gurdy is carving it into something)

A pot of salt (you need this for Olof's possession ritual )
A bottle of oil (You need this for the ritual too)
Three pots of spirit crystal (total of 12 spirit energy, you can't use it without training though)
A bottle of red liquid (You don't know what it is but it looks like blood)
A bottle of purple liquid (Was orange originally but i made it purple when i redrew it, you never knew what it was though so it doesn't matter)

A brush
A rag (It was lost in the reboot but it's around if you want it I guess)

A necklace with wooden(i think) beads and a brown gem (It currently has 50 spirit energy which is a lot compared to your current limit)
A brown cloak.

You have some books too:
The little book of the Necromatic Arts - Contains some information about raising skeletons using spirits.
Lands and Beasts - Contains maps and has information on most towns and animals within the Human kingdom of Tir
The Anorak - Recounts and information regarding the Anorak, a large clay creature that has been rampaging through the north for many years.
The Story of Devist Morgan - The story of one of the most powerful necromancers of the last hundred years.
Crimes of Necromancy: The Goblins - This book says that the Goblins are the fault of a necromancer. You don't think that is possible but since you don't know much it could be.
Crimes of Necromancy: The Ogres - Pretty much the same as above but with Ogres.

You bought a map from gain too. That map is more local then the ones in Lands and Beasts though.
Three 'Scroll of fireball's but you don't know how to use those.

You have some berries that you have been eating but eating them for too long will make you sick.
You have a snown meat pastry that you bought too.

A grouges feet with flesh and skin/fur removed
The flesh from the feet
The skin/fur from the feet
The rest of the dead grouge

And 11 copper coins (I forgot to draw them anywhere so let's pretend they are in the shack somewhere. For reference the pastry you bought cost 14 coppers)

And I hope that is all. That should help you guys decide what you are going to do.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12