Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have my justice nobles set, how do I use them to stop tantrumer's?  (Read 619 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I had a fort of 50 go all the way down to 18 because of one berserk bad ass farmer...

Yet, I had a justice room, and a sheriff as well as a hammerer... yet there was never any crime to punish.  How does no crime occur?  I see throwing tantrum messages, things get destroyed, yet no crimes...

On a side note, to avoid tantrum spirals... I've been assigning the pissed ones to militia and stationing them outside...  I also hope to do something similar with burrows.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I have my justice nobles set, how do I use them to stop tantrumer's?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:31:28 am »

I think tantrumers get acquitted due to dwarves having a very lenient policy regarding crimes committed during mental breakdowns.

Well, berserkers only end their rampage when killed, so technically berserking does carry a death sentence. You stop other tantrumers by waiting for them to stop their tantrum, and making them happy before they do it again.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:44:50 am »

I've read heard, that tantrumer's that break property is a punishable offense.

Circusdawg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf is tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »

Well in my current fort they throw stuff and topple it over tons and it is not a crime

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:21:46 pm »

The crime needs to be reported to the captain of the guard.  Is Cap available and not busy with some other labor?  Are witnesses surviving, and intact enough to go snitch?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.