Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64956 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now
« Reply #525 on: August 13, 2014, 01:36:45 pm »

Divide et Impera is my mod of choice.  Half hour field battles in the early game aren't uncommon.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 13, 2014, 11:14:28 pm »

If you are looking for a less historical mod that still tweak stuff to last longer than as I mentioned before I would recommend possibly using Radious

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 13, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »

Radious is probably the best. He makes his mods super duper modular, so you can choose whatever you want instead of being locked into something.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 14, 2014, 06:39:37 pm »

From what I heard, radious is fast more action-like battles than DEI. So I went for DEI, more strategy involved in slow battles and more epic.

For my faction, I went with Armenia. Great faction, really challenging and Armenia does have cool history.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 14, 2014, 07:08:36 pm »

Yeah I am planning on getting DEI as I have not tried it...when I first found it was when it was still mostly a WIP fledgling mod

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 14, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »

Yeah I am planning on getting DEI as I have not tried it...when I first found it was when it was still mostly a WIP fledgling mod

From my days on TWC, I seem to also remember the DEI mod maker seems to hate javelins for some reason. Like, he not only nerfed their damage but also their range and ammo heavily... whilst buffing the range and damage on arrows...

Then again, this was months ago. I'm generally skeptic of 'historical' mods, because they rarely seem historical to me. Particularly the ones that make battles last longer by simply increasing morale or something - after all, most battles in history are dictated via rout, not slaughter. I guess I can see the argument in wanting longer lasting battles sometimes, but personally, I feel if early game battles are taking like 30+ minutes, it's a little extreme. Early game battles should be pretty fast and bloody, with the battles increasing in length as everyone's units start actually getting good.

Just my personal view on it anyway.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 16, 2014, 03:06:30 am »

Well, I did make changes for my own little tweaks to DEI.

Made Pontus an Eastern Culture. And turned on confederacy for Eastern cultures. I imagine, as Armenians, a strong Pontus/Parthinian/Armenian alliance :)

Realistic or not, oh well...I like it a lot more *shrug*. Plus the most important factor (for me)...it makes playing Armenians WAY more fun.

And I also am in more, larger wars.

Sadly, Parthia just lost...:( I think I can bring them back though if I re-take their cities? Persia took them out.

Though, right now it is Pontus (doing really good), Armenia (me) and random Trapezos in an alliance...dunno why Trapezos...but guess that is that. They aren't even eastern by DEI standards...oh well.

Fighting smaller factions, but Seleucids and Persia seem to be in an alliance together. They are going to be a rather big fight, that I hope can wait till we manage to secure our northern front...and after that, HUGE ass alliance vs alliance war. With obviously, Seleucids and Persia being the big guys. I think we can do it though, I've won fights where I've been WAY outnumbered due to my Cataphract generals (and now Medium cavalry that are great too).  But, I'd be fighting the same cavalry troops and stronger. Its definitely going to be a team effort.

Sadly, securing the north front is hard. I also have to deal with rebellions in newly conquered territories (which I'm trying to take one north of me, but no go so far)...that is fun. And realistic. But if I don't move faster, and strike them harder...this particular game is over with that huge alliance right on our borders pretty much.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:30:41 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 19, 2014, 06:22:37 pm »

Took a break from Armenia to try others.

Doing a Baktria one, which is a lot of fun. Cool units, great position. Lots of allies.

Main one right now is Seleucid. It can be hard I guess, but I'm finding it really easy. Took a lot to the north, and took Armenia's capital. They have trebizod (I got their capital as they took Trebizod) and a small town to the south.

Also have two satrapies now (start of game I removed them all to avoid wars). Economy is great. Going to build up my economy and secure my new regions that rebel a lot.

A lot less stressful than Armenia :p kind of easy though, but a lot of fun.

intense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 20, 2014, 12:54:03 am »

Bought Rome II from humble bundle deals and moded it with divide et impera, got my ass handed a lot of times.
Computer plays very good on hard campaign/normal battle difficulty. It's the only mod i haven't figured out yet

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 20, 2014, 01:59:07 am »

Is the game still horrible?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 20, 2014, 02:24:40 am »

I love it. But I went right to DEI plus submods.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 20, 2014, 02:36:41 am »

I love it. But I went right to DEI plus submods.

Which sub-mods? Help a brother out.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 20, 2014, 03:02:16 am »

The base game is actually pretty good now. They've fixed the hell out of most of the things that were wrong with it. There are still a few minor issues with morale fading a bit too fast, especially against certain enemies, but overall everything works as intended.

Campaign AI is still mentally challenged, of course, but that's just how Total War works. AAA game designers always seem to have trouble hiring people good at AI.
Nothing important here, move along.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 20, 2014, 03:38:02 am »

Remember when the ai guy quit?

http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2009/11/10/battle-ai-by-mike-simpson/

Never seen it getting better since that. Then there where the apologetic post about the bug madness and the less apologetic blogs about fixing everithing in the paid expansion pack (napoleon) which didn't deliver, then sega closed the dev blog from devs and handed it to pr and since then it contains just lies

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 20, 2014, 03:39:06 am »

My rule of thumb is you never play a game with the intent that the game will be fixed in patches or expansions.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 41