Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 65013 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #345 on: September 07, 2013, 07:35:58 am »

if anyone is interested me and blank door are doing a stream of Rome 2 multiplayer campaign

When, where, and why didn't you tell meeee

Sorry we were then my Internet crapped out :( hopefully we will pick it up again soon :)
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 07, 2013, 10:44:33 am »

Yeah, the AI is absolutely worthless is a siege.

I think the sheer variety of the siege maps and how many obstacles there are confuses it.

In the field it is amazing.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2013, 02:25:57 pm »

Has anyone else actually managed to successfully kill a character with assassination? I have literally never managed it at all, the best I ever do is wound. This is across multiple different campaigns, with different assassins, with success chances as high as 80%.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2013, 02:40:02 pm »

Has anyone else actually managed to successfully kill a character with assassination? I have literally never managed it at all, the best I ever do is wound. This is across multiple different campaigns, with different assassins, with success chances as high as 80%.
I've managed to kill a warlard with assassination, but all of the generals I've tried it on mostly end up wounded instead.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 07, 2013, 02:59:44 pm »

I literally cannot kill anyone with anyone. I've tried with all three agent types, against many different targets, and the best I ever get is a wound. Wondering if it's a bug or just astronomical bad luck.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 07, 2013, 03:03:22 pm »

Are they fresh recruits? I've been assassinating a lot with my spy that has like, 8 cunning.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 07, 2013, 03:05:56 pm »

I had successfully assassinated a few generals (a spy with zeal action :D ). It just barely gives anything as it is instantly replaced by a new one.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 07, 2013, 03:21:09 pm »

It will immediately replace the general with a 1 1 1 general. The next turn will have a 3 3 3 general provided the faction still exists. If you wiped out the last city, the army will immediately die since there's no one to replace it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 07, 2013, 03:24:15 pm »

High level generals can get rather powerful with all the buffs they get, so I can see the benifit of assassinating sometime. On that note, do the AI follow the same internal politics rule? So if I manage to assassinate their leader, can it through their political balance off and maybe cause problems? Is there a way to get insite in to their politics?

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 07, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

i feel there's a lack in actual politics...

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 07, 2013, 04:26:59 pm »

Are they fresh recruits? I've been assassinating a lot with my spy that has like, 8 cunning.

Highest rank was rank 6 or so.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 07, 2013, 05:14:00 pm »

i feel there's a lack in actual politics...

It really depends on your faction and your playstyle, though.
When I was playing as rome, diplomacy was basically thrown out of window as everyone just downright hated me.

When I played as the Athens.. well, the politics were a lot more interesting and dynamic.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 07, 2013, 06:46:09 pm »

I'm ~120 Turns in as Gaul and so far enjoy the game despite a few large caveats. I absolutely love the way agents work now and hope CA expands on the formula instead of reinventing it for the next game. I couldn't stand the 1 turn = 1 year rate however and had to stop my game as Rome to download a 2 turn per year mod which, imo, feels far more natural and now I don't have people dying left and right unless it's from assassination. There are also a LOT of bugs still left... e.g. When attacking the Iceni starting city my transports would somehow teleport my general to the NE map edge instead of letting me into the city. Apparently the druids pulled an Evil Jade on me.

And balance seems to be all over the place. Oathsworn, especially when upgraded by the Averni bronze/iron smith, cut through pretty much anything with few to no losses. At this point it's me slogging through Africa and eastern Europe to get that culture victory while stomping on insurrection proactively. Even with no slaves, only level 2 fish ports, and a maxed tech line that adds public order I can hardly build anything thanks to squallor. Gonna see how Rome handles my war machine now :D

Also <3 Champions. I'd give one for every general if I could. Spies are also rather brutal if they've trained up mass poisoning.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 07, 2013, 07:14:15 pm »

About champions. What is this adventuring thing? I can't find any option for it.
Love, scriver~

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 07, 2013, 07:35:31 pm »

About champions. What is this adventuring thing? I can't find any option for it.

Seems to be passively applied. At least it's listed underneath my champion's active effects always.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41