Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64903 times)

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2012, 08:20:53 pm »

According to the devs, the map is actually significantly bigger than in the original Rome.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:23 pm »

Oh, that will be a nice change of pace then. I honestly pictured it going the route of their other recent games they have made. A lot more focused, but nothing really epic.

Still hope they support mod makers. Because recently, it just seems like they haven't supported the modding community at all...lots of DLC...very few mods and none very epic ones.

But again, at least they are making an even bigger map. That also probably means there will be a large variety of civilizations and unit diversity. Which were my other concerns with this.

Probably could have read up on it, but being so disappointed since Empire Total War (which did have a large map, too bad modding sucked so much)...I just haven't really been interested enough to read up on any of their games. Probably would have been more informed though.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2012, 08:45:24 pm »

I had an earlier post up in this thread. Which pretty much says the same thing as this post I'm making.

Not that excited to be honest. And I'll laugh so much if all this is going to be just Rome against Carthage, with another tiny map and no modding abilities. Call me cynical...but man...if the map isn't as big as Rome Total War (or close to it), with no modding abilities and a lot less civilizations (which I liked playing a large variety of civilizations in RTW)...why the heck get it at all? I'll have Rome Total War, with the huge mods and a large game map. I guess better graphics...but I would rather have a good campaign map and the ability to mod it.

You hit the nail on the head in my opinion. I said pretty much the same thing in another Total War Rome 2 thread. Basically I don't see how a game of the exact same time period with no modding support can compete with a game that came out so many years ago which has such an ironic stance for many games AND years of dedicated high quality mods. To me it seems like suicide but we'll have have to see.

Still think the Total War series should expand into different eras. The Shogun series has already shown they're willing to do smaller regions. There are just so many interesting periods in history to keep recycling over the same boring stuff. Still think the early North American colonial Indian wars would be a good period, or India/Mughal Empire.

Tangential rant about modding support.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2012, 09:22:55 pm »

Shogun 2 was disapointing because it just felt like a dumbing down of the series to make it more arcade like...

When I started and what I have played from the Total War series was the technical awe and prowess of shogun one (at its time) and then the depth and mechanics of Rome, Medieval, and then Medieval 2.

If this is just another shogun repeat, beautification and simplification, I will be upset in the utmost sense =(

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2012, 10:44:19 am »

I will too. Rome was amazing, but that seems to be at least partly because it was unpolished. Cataphracts, Kretans, Spartans, Scythed Chariots and Urbans were all OP, and it was AWESOME. Now I enjoy a balanced games, but certain nations simply had superior troops than others and we shouldn't be debasing that for balance.

Give me ridiculously powerful elephants and terminator like legionaries and I'll probably be content.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2012, 10:58:23 am »

that is one of the lamest game trailers i have ever seen

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:34 am »

No gameplay whatsoever.  Just fancy words and cutscenes.  I would be fairly content with a graphical overhaul and a significant bugfix for RTW.  Maybe add a feature or modify some stats (and realism is always a plus for me.  Ill take an immpossible to win realistic game over many 'balanced' games anyday).
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »

Still too much Carthidge...  What about other wars/civs?  But otherwise not too crazy.  I do hope they keep it semi-real.

edit:  LOVE what they did to water, however.
edit:edit: Grafetti.  Awesome.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:52:14 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2012, 06:04:51 pm »

why so much brown and bloom?
That's my only gripe at the moment but seriously, real life does not look like that
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »

I see lots of scripted stuff since what he does with the mouse seems very marginal to what happens in play

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

I see lots of scripted stuff since what he does with the mouse seems very marginal to what happens in play

The video had a mouse?

FAKEEDIT: Wow. It does. I didn't even notice it until now.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:53 pm »

Watched a bit of it, and unless I missed him actually making orders, I think it's a replay of a prerecorded battle, and his mouse is just controlling the camera. That's been in since.. I want to say Rome 1 let you record battles? Might not have been untill M2 though. It's something I used to just see where things went wrong in some of my MP matches.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

I was trying to make another point: it is not a gameplay video, it is a scripted something or a battle replay;

The oerhead feature is nice however I hope it can be used to give orders

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2012, 10:29:35 pm »

Yeah, I'm fairly certain they're commentating over prerecorded gameplay with the UI removed. It's probably still too early to see the kind of gameplay video that most of us want to see.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41