Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Total War: Rome 2 still totally has a trailer now  (Read 64904 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Rome 2 totally has a trailer now
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2013, 06:50:29 am »

Even for the great... Hannibal Barca!

I dare say this is one bitchin' trailer. I don't usually expect high quality trailers from strategy games but this one is very well done.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2013, 07:37:28 am »

Ayup. Hannibal Barca is one of my favourite famous ancient persons. Not only a great strategist and tactician, but also a great statesman and economist. He is basically as close to an Ubermensch anyone has ever come throughout history.

Also, Barcelona is named after him.
Love, scriver~

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2013, 10:32:57 am »

Hoping for obnoxiously advanced elephant/chariot mechanics. I want to see Scythe Chariots tearing up platoons dynamically.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2013, 01:24:21 pm »

Hoping for obnoxiously advanced elephant/chariot mechanics. I want to see Scythe Chariots tearing up platoons dynamically.

It'd make elephants even more pointless though. Though I suppose that it could be neat having a squad composed entirely of trumpeters running around tooting their own horns.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2013, 01:42:31 pm »

I believe the bladed chariots are in the game. I saw them in one of the gameplay videos.

They were the superweapons of that age anyway, I'd be more surprised if there weren't any.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2013, 01:50:50 pm »

Are incendiary pigs also in?
._.

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2013, 02:31:11 pm »

I preordered this due to being a 10+? year total war fan and a lover of Roman history and RTW.
However I haven't followed its development and nothing has jumped out,as usual all screenshots on steam etc are of redundant gorgeous 3d graphics and not gameplay elements.

I have one question:
Does anyone have any info on how politics will play a role? it has in every total war so far including RTW, will they beef up the empire/napoleon politics? or just carbon copy that onto R2? any insight?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2013, 02:41:56 pm »

From what I remember about the politic stuff, while nowhere near what CK2 can do, are things like:
1. Senators can conspire against you.
2. Legions and generals are more likely to revolt the stronger they become. This is a big issue since you no longer control individual units but legions, so the older your legions and the more reputation they get over the years the stronger they become.

Can't remember anything else. I wouldn't pin any hopes on there being any real politiking either since it's not really something Total War is known for. That's a Paradox thing.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2013, 02:42:53 pm »

Politics is one of the big things in R2, supposedly. Carthage and Rome have rival Houses/Families that you have to deal with and you have to manage various characters and military commanders (who, as in history, love to march on Rome to overthrow the Senate/Emperor). Haven't really heard anything more specific than that, but politics, yay. Diplomacy with others is also a bit more complex/transparent, from what I've gathered.

What exactly do you mean by Empire/Nappy politics, though?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Grand Nagus

• Bay Watcher
  • A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2013, 02:44:49 pm »

Yeah I wasnt planning on any major politics, but what you've mentioned may be enough to tickle my politics bone ;) thanks!

*By empire/nappy I was referring to those simple 'assigning/firing' ministers etc in the politics panel bit, I was hoping for abit more than that and it appears there will be!

This^ very very basic stuff.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:48:54 pm by Grand Nagus »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »

I believe the bladed chariots are in the game. I saw them in one of the gameplay videos.

They were the superweapons of that age anyway, I'd be more surprised if there weren't any.

They were the superweapons of a somewhat earlier age. Though, unlike just about everyone who goes online talking about Rome: Total War, I unapologetically love the ahistorical units and elements. They range from awesome – BERSERKERS – to hilarious.

I build a stack of Roman ninjas every time I play a Roman faction, for example. :D

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2013, 07:11:56 pm »

Arkasi.

And those guys were seriously useless in battles.

Edit: Also, to my chagrin I have to try and be intellectual here. Berserkers were a thing amongst the Norse and Germanic tribes, except they were kind of a happy accident rather than a dedicated squad of mouth-foamers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:13:45 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2013, 07:40:35 pm »

Arcani! And I found a use for them, or at least the AI found a use for them on me when I was playing Parthia or the Seleucids or somebody: turns out they murder horse archers if you don't watch out.

Not that it really ever comes up, playing Rome.

Other than that, they're... basically gladiators I suppose.

As for berserkers, yeah, but the guys who spin around and send urban cohorts flying are about as historical as the incendiary pigs. They are a lot more fun than incendiary pigs though!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2013, 08:50:35 pm »

was a fan of vanilla war dogs.  A few of them launched into a weak flank and theyd win the fight.  I also noticed it was the human deaths that reduced the squad.  Dead dogs respawned so you could pull the humans back and the dogs kept going
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2013, 09:07:01 pm »

was a fan of vanilla war dogs.  A few of them launched into a weak flank and theyd win the fight.  I also noticed it was the human deaths that reduced the squad.  Dead dogs respawned so you could pull the humans back and the dogs kept going

I've noticed that as well. No clue how effective an all-dog army would be, but at the very least it'd be an cheap and silly way to wear down enemy armies. Assuming that you could release the hounds from any distance, of course. I never used them myself...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41