Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tomb Raiding  (Read 1939 times)

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tomb Raiding
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:35:30 am »

How do i do this properly and kill the mummy in aforesaid tomb? Do i have to decapitate it? Is there epic loots?

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Tomb Raiding
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:30:35 am »

decap is the way i've put all of them down so far, brain smash probably works too though. Breaking limbs first is a pretty good idea though. note if you cut them off they'll necro-raise them as separate enemies.

I find the best overall way to deal with them is not to seek them out in their coffin, which is generally surrounded by bodies they can raise, but to disturb them early by taking some items, then wait for them to come to you.

Yes the loot is pretty good, sometimes including masterwork items.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 09:31:41 am »

Sneak, don't let the mummy know you're there. If it sees you, it'll curse you, which is basically a death sentence.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:06:40 am »

Really, what does the curse do? I've seen the message that I've been cursed, but didn't seem hurt by it.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

Really, what does the curse do? I've seen the message that I've been cursed, but didn't seem hurt by it.

Because I cant pass up a easy chance to be a help. This help?

Spoiler: Before curse (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: After curse (click to show/hide)

If no, the RNG starts hating you.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

DavionFuxa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:20:08 am »

How do i do this properly and kill the mummy in aforesaid tomb? Do i have to decapitate it? Is there epic loots?

I've killed a Mummy in two ways - Decapitation via the Head, and Decapitation via the Lower Body.

Also note that if you anger the Mummy and make them come to you, you are almost asking them to curse you. If you have companions, let them piss of the mummy. They will get cursed instead and you can try to sneak up from behind.
A Google Doc I wrote up in regards to making a new 'workable' definition for the Roguelike Genre:
Defining the Roguelike Genre

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:48 am »

Wouldn't being a were-creature, vampire or necromancer make you immune to the mummy's curse?

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 11:59:45 am »

Wouldn't being a were-creature, vampire or necromancer make you immune to the mummy's curse?

Sadly no. I don't gen my worlds with mummies anymore due to their curses being permanent and screwing you over ridiculously hard.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 12:10:24 pm »

I think that its the other way around.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 11:22:51 pm »

Ahhh that does help Good Sir Kobold. Is it a permanant debuff or does it wear off?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »

Ahhh that does help Good Sir Kobold. Is it a permanant debuff or does it wear off?

Forever.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 08:30:03 am »

Sadly no. I don't gen my worlds with mummies anymore due to their curses being permanent and screwing you over ridiculously hard.
Mummies have the best loot though.
I you have a legendary ambusher you can kill it quickly before it spots you. But if you see something like "the crossbowman/lasher/swordsman/axeman/etc watches still" dont even bother as they will be armored and both decapitation and bisection is impossible unless you have adamantine or steel.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 12:25:34 pm »

It makes mummies friendly. Free loot!

And yes, you're immune if you really want to kill a mummy.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 06:10:05 am »

It makes mummies friendly. Free loot!

And yes, you're immune if you really want to kill a mummy.

I'm not sure about necromancer, but I believe in the RAW file that it says something about not being able to curse anything which is already cursed, is a vampire or is a were-creature.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.