Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: interesting issue  (Read 1005 times)

phillosopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: interesting issue
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »

Okay guys sorry to be such a pita but I have run into something again that had me search the wiki, here, and even the whole of the intarwebs and nothing so I am hoping you guys might have it. I just got my first immigrates and one of them has a skill that is listed as UNKNOWN in DT, I checked what skills and such he had in game against the ones on DT and there is nothing different or missing. I was worried that this might mean he is a vamp but it doesn't sound that way from reading what I could find. I did see that it could be Military Tactics but shouldn't that skill show in game, cause if so then it's not that. If any of you know please hit me up with the info, thanks!

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2012, 12:22:19 pm »

I use Phoebus too, I've just assumed the ? is no job (so looking for one), haven't really paid attention to the color. ! is strange mood, with different colors for different types, or maybe stages, of the mood, can't remember.

different type.

purplish is a possesion, don't remember the others, one is white/grey, but since those two are pretty much the same to me I didn't bother to remember

Oh yea, red is macabre mood. The one where they kill some random other dwarf (my last macabre mooder killed a baby), then make aDwarf Bone Artifact out of it.

Okay guys sorry to be such a pita but I have run into something again that had me search the wiki, here, and even the whole of the intarwebs and nothing so I am hoping you guys might have it. I just got my first immigrates and one of them has a skill that is listed as UNKNOWN in DT, I checked what skills and such he had in game against the ones on DT and there is nothing different or missing. I was worried that this might mean he is a vamp but it doesn't sound that way from reading what I could find. I did see that it could be Military Tactics but shouldn't that skill show in game, cause if so then it's not that. If any of you know please hit me up with the info, thanks!

Which version of DT/the game are you using? Assuming they match up (which they probably should with if you're using the LNP), you're probably better off asking in the dwarf therapist thread in the modding sub-forum, going to get the most knowledgeable answers there. To see if he's a vampire, check his thoughts after he's been in your fort for a while. If there are any drink/food/sleep-related ones, he's not a vampire.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 12:25:42 pm by Snaake »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2012, 12:23:37 pm »

tracking and some other skills are not in DT because they don't have any impact on fortress mode, no worries so far. Earlier the unknowns were beekeeping and waxworking too, but since beekeeping was (is) a bit bugged, noone really bothered with it anyway.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

phillosopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 12:29:19 pm »

sorry guys I just over looked the mil tac. skill in the game. It's weird it doesn't show when you blank out the list for only military skills, and it is not listed under any of the others at all. Pulled up all of them and scrolled to bottom and there it was. Just too answer the question I am using the lastest DF and ver. 6.12 for DT which it seems is also the latest and compatible with current DF.
Pages: 1 [2]