Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easiest siege ever :D  (Read 704 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Easiest siege ever :D
« on: July 02, 2012, 02:03:54 am »

As usual, some human merchants turned up to trade me their goods. This is a good sign, because I have heaps I want to get rid of. Then, all of a sudden, the next thing I know, a vile force of darkness has arrived.

"All good, my burrow is set up properly, so I can call everyone back inside". So I check out the size of the siege, see what I'm up against, and call all my workers back inside. By the time I've tried to convince my dwarves that being on break did not give them leave of my burrow restrictions, I had completely forgotten about that caravan that turned up.

It also happened that the goblins appeared where I had some of those annoying "traders" that just sit at the edge of the map doing nothing. So, while the goblins are distracted killing off those useless guys, all my men come inside. I was about to pull the lever to close off my drawbridge, when I noticed that a human swordsman had just killed 2 of the goblins single handedly, and decided I'd let them come in.

So, fortress shut, traders and all dwarves inside, and goblins preoccupied with traders. So far so good.

Out of the blue, along comes a weregiraffe, right in the middle of the hoarde, and then decides to start killing the goblins for me, before turning into a human and killing another. Now, I've just let my gates open for them to come flying into my cage traps and give my archers a little target practice.

Quickest and easiest siege I have ever encountered. Not a single injury to my side
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest siege ever :D
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:07:17 am »

And I just realised that I had a dwarf in a strange mood at this time, who fortunately wanted nothing more than wood
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:09:27 am »

Yep, some sieges just play themselves.

I had some goblins come and try to break a siege on my fort. They almost won!

But it was a necromancer siege. Whoops.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 02:19:39 am »

And to add to the great day, the traders accepted a profit of 150... The bloody elves last time had 1500 profit, and demanded an extra 4000 on top of that... Needless to say, they didn't get their trade

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 02:21:49 am »

And to add to the great day, the traders accepted a profit of 150... The bloody elves last time had 1500 profit, and demanded an extra 4000 on top of that... Needless to say, they didn't get their trade

Hey, elves need money. Costs money to maintain there giant gardens.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:56 am »

Apparently... And they don't seem to like me giving them wood stuff, but they give me wood stuff???

I did realise I forgot about a forgotten beast though... Looks like my adamantine and magma smelting industry is out for a while... At least till I can get extremely well trained archers

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:38 am »

Apparently... And they don't seem to like me giving them wood stuff, but they give me wood stuff???

I did realise I forgot about a forgotten beast though... Looks like my adamantine and magma smelting industry is out for a while... At least till I can get extremely well trained archers

Why buy MORE garden stuff when they cant even afford the one they have now?

Just dump a few human/elven caravan gaurds, wait until you get enough, then send them to fight.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 02:54:55 am »

Poor traders...
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.