Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Plane of Mists: The most hardcore chew you up and spit you out world ever  (Read 2842 times)

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile

So I already mentioned this world in a thread about Necros, but I've been recently playing adventure mode on a world I genned with custom settings, lots of beasties, big caves, lots of secrets.

I don't know exactly what happened..... but this world is friggin ridiculous.

All the humans and goblins have been wiped out by beasts and necromancers.
There are five distinct Towers on a pocket sized world.
One shrine is occupied by two BCs.
A lair has five Roc nests and eight of the beasts themselves.

My current adventurer Vucar Umomkon's kill list of notable creatures reads like so:
22 Giants
6 Rocs
3 Various Titans
9 Ettins
2 Dragons
51 Night Beasts
7 Bogeymen
152 Undead

Yeah.

Anyone ever gen a world with eight Rocs to a lair? I think the update might have made it possible to have too badass of a world.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Bro Colossi

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bro Colossi

Indeed. Oddly I killed a Hag in a lair nearby, then went to bed in said the dark. Upon awakening next morning I was immediately threatened by both of the giants, which I discover are now standing in the back of my hidey-hole, four squares hence.

I slept in the only doorway: how I survived their nighttime entrance is unknown.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Bro Colossi

Indeed. Oddly I killed a Hag in a lair nearby, then went to bed in said the dark. Upon awakening next morning I was immediately threatened by both of the giants, which I discover are now standing in the back of my hidey-hole, four squares hence.

I slept in the only doorway: how I survived their nighttime entrance is unknown.
They probably came in late at night, drunk again after raiding a dwarven outpost, and simply mistook you for a small stone as they lumbered over you.

As creepy as this might sound, tell me...
Were they a Giant and Giantess?
Aww... lovers...
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bro Colossi

They probably came in late at night, drunk again after raiding a dwarven outpost, and simply mistook you for a small stone as they lumbered over you.

As creepy as this might sound, tell me...
Were they a Giant and Giantess?
Aww... lovers...

Hahah oh no, they were Bronze Colossi. Which I don't think have a gender?

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile

Oh.
Why did you say Giant if they were Collosi?
I was hoping for giant lovers...
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All my hydras keep dying during wolrdgen (albeit not before murdering all the elven royalty several times over) and I only every get about 10 or so megabeasts (not including titans) surviving after 100 years.
Are there plenty of evil regions?

Tell me your secrets.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All my hydras keep dying during wolrdgen (albeit not before murdering all the elven royalty several times over) and I only every get about 10 or so megabeasts (not including titans) surviving after 100 years.
Are there plenty of evil regions?

Tell me your secrets.

[WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:ADV CRAZY]
   [DIM:17:17]
   [EMBARK_POINTS:2500]
   [END_YEAR:300]
   [BEAST_END_YEAR:30:50]
   [REVEAL_ALL_HISTORY:0]
   [CULL_HISTORICAL_FIGURES:1]
   [ELEVATION:1:400:401:2000]
   [RAINFALL:0:100:26:26]
   [TEMPERATURE:25:75:26:26]
   [DRAINAGE:0:100:26:26]
   [VOLCANISM:0:100:26:2000]
   [SAVAGERY:40:100:26:26]
   [ELEVATION_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [RAIN_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [DRAINAGE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [TEMPERATURE_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [SAVAGERY_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [VOLCANISM_FREQUENCY:1:1:1:1:1:1]
   [MINERAL_SCARCITY:200]
   [MEGABEAST_CAP:500]
   [SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:700]
   [TITAN_NUMBER:30]
   [TITAN_ATTACK_TRIGGER:80:0:100000]
   [DEMON_NUMBER:40]
   [NIGHT_TROLL_NUMBER:40]
   [BOGEYMAN_NUMBER:1]
   [VAMPIRE_NUMBER:60]
   [WEREBEAST_NUMBER:20]
   [SECRET_NUMBER:70]
   [REGIONAL_INTERACTION_NUMBER:20]
   [DISTURBANCE_INTERACTION_NUMBER:0]
   [EVIL_CLOUD_NUMBER:20]
   [EVIL_RAIN_NUMBER:30]
   [GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:25:0:0]
   [EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:40:0:0]
   [PEAK_NUMBER_MIN:0]
   [PARTIAL_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:0]
   [COMPLETE_OCEAN_EDGE_MIN:4]
   [VOLCANO_MIN:20]
   [REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:DESERT:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:FOREST:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:MOUNTAINS:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:OCEAN:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:GLACIER:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:TUNDRA:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:GRASSLAND:0:0:0]
   [REGION_COUNTS:HILLS:0:0:0]
   [EROSION_CYCLE_COUNT:6]
   [RIVER_MINS:1:1]
   [PERIODICALLY_ERODE_EXTREMES:1]
   [OROGRAPHIC_PRECIPITATION:1]
   [SUBREGION_MAX:2750]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_COUNT:2]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MIN:70]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_OPENNESS_MAX:100]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MIN:0]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_PASSAGE_DENSITY_MAX:100]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MIN:2]
   [CAVERN_LAYER_WATER_MAX:30]
   [HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_1:1]
   [HAVE_BOTTOM_LAYER_2:1]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_GROUND:16]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_1:15]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_2:1]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_3:1]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_4:1]
   [LEVELS_ABOVE_LAYER_5:2]
   [LEVELS_AT_BOTTOM:1]
   [CAVE_MIN_SIZE:8]
   [CAVE_MAX_SIZE:200]
   [MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:9]
   [NON_MOUNTAIN_CAVE_MIN:20]
   [ALL_CAVES_VISIBLE:0]
   [SHOW_EMBARK_TUNNEL:2]
   [TOTAL_CIV_NUMBER:30]
   [TOTAL_CIV_POPULATION:20000]
   [SITE_CAP:80]
   [PLAYABLE_CIVILIZATION_REQUIRED:1]
   [ELEVATION_RANGES:36:72:36]
   [RAIN_RANGES:0:0:0]
   [DRAINAGE_RANGES:0:0:0]
   [SAVAGERY_RANGES:0:0:0]
   [VOLCANISM_RANGES:0:0:0]

I would give you the seed, but I have an active adventurer and there isn't exactly anywhere to retire him temporarily..... so no param export for you.

This should spit out something !!FUN!!

Oh yes, and there are plenty of ebil regions. Maybe a third of the map? It's still unmapped in my adventurer's journeys, presumably because nothing has emerged alive with information on it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:53:41 pm by TheBlueSteel »

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[MEGABEAST_CAP:500]
[SEMIMEGABEAST_CAP:700]
What.
Also, doesnt [BEAST_END_YEAR:30:50] make it pointless to run worldgen beyond year 100?

[EVIL_SQ_COUNTS:40:0:0]
Why so little?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Copy the save folder, then you can suicide the adventurer in the copy and export the seed.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes, and there are plenty of ebil regions. Maybe a third of the map? It's still unmapped in my adventurer's journeys, presumably because nothing has emerged alive with information on it.
Thanks for this one. I'm having a really good time with this gen. Also, any particular reason you set embark points to 2500? On another note, the frequency of semi-megabeasts makes things quite interesting. On my current embark in an evil biome on top of a volcano, two named ettins that dwell in a cave in the side volcano keep harassing my dwarves. Even though I finally managed to kill them with many barrages of steel bolts, they are now undead and I think things have gotten worse.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for this one. I'm having a really good time with this gen. Also, any particular reason you set embark points to 2500? On another note, the frequency of semi-megabeasts makes things quite interesting. On my current embark in an evil biome on top of a volcano, two named ettins that dwell in a cave in the side volcano keep harassing my dwarves. Even though I finally managed to kill them with many barrages of steel bolts, they are now undead and I think things have gotten worse.

You just answered your question for me. Once I retired my adventurer in his home tower I did an embark, and promptly found a family of four giants infesting my site.

The high embark was to let the original seven at least survive the ludicrously high amount of danger in this world. I brought enough booze and food to sink a battleship, and trained them into a whirlwind of death and forging.

Also on a side not, guy who wanted hydras: the only hydra I've found so far was a zombie, so this might not be the best gen for you.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also on a side not, guy who wanted hydras: the only hydra I've found so far was a zombie, so this might not be the best gen for you.
The only thing better than a hydra is zombie hydras. Its a shame you cant make them breed though.
Ive managed to gen a world with a zombie hydra and a zombie roc, both still alive. I think the reason hydras die so frequently is because they are so agressive during worldgen.

On my current embark in an evil biome on top of a volcano
A cave AND a volcano? I thought only one could occupy a tile? Well my standards for embarking just went way up.

Circusdawg

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarf is tired
    • View Profile

Well i have a world with a toe smashing zombie hydra i saw it on an engraving not sure if it is alive

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I take it back, the zombie Hydra was just wandering around outside a pair with another living Hydra in it. This adventurer promptly discovered Hydras are goddamn awesome Observors, even to the point of seeing Legendary Ambushers.

Thankfully the zombie Hydra preceded to engage its fleshy cousin in mortal combat, allowing me to hang around until I was lucky able to strike off enough heads for it to bleed out.

Since then I have found five more Hydras, have !!FUN!!

P.S. Only one feature may exist per worldgen tile, but most embarks cover several worldgen tiles. I recently had a volcano embark with an above ground cave entrance; much fun was had with trolls and trogdolytes.
Pages: [1] 2