Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarven water reactor has 1 tile of water frozen, but the rest are not  (Read 556 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

this one tile is exposed to open air.  Previously, this one tile had a shaft running to the surface (I was going to pump water in through it), but I sealed the shaft on the top most level.  Does the remaining open area above a tile affect the temperature (as in should I seal the other subsequent floors between the open tile and the surface?). 

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

Once a tile has been exposed to the surface it is forever Above Ground.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

I heard that once an area is exposed to the surface, the entire area is...  So is the former not true (area wise?)

such as if I expose one tile to the outside, my entire inside area is considered outside?

Or is it just tile wise?

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's tile by tile. A tile being above ground doesn't make the tiles around it above ground.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can tell which tiles are above ground by pointing the cursor at them with "k".

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is some odd behavior,because a garbage zone under that tile will still generate miasma if there's a floor above it.

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is some odd behavior,because a garbage zone under that tile will still generate miasma if there's a floor above it.

You sure about that? I don't recall that happening. In fact, I specifically recall that not happening, but I could be wrong.