Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minecart not getting full...  (Read 575 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Minecart not getting full...
« on: July 01, 2012, 10:09:53 am »

I decided to play around with quantum stockpiles using minecarts (as found here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=109578.msg3326925#msg3326925)

So I made an armor/ammo/weapons stockpile, they are placing ammo in the minecart... yet... the minecart is not getting full...

I'm afraid there might be something amiss, but... what if I wanted to get my ammo back and they just keep dumping it into the minecart which never gets full?

update:

I just implemented a track... they only put a helmet in it ?

Apparently there loading all the ammo onto one tile of ammo stockpile tile.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:17:18 am by thistleknot »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecart not getting full...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 10:17:13 am »

Ammo's small. Make a lot.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 10:24:59 am »

well, I enabled ammo, weapons, and armor...  so far only a steel helm.

I disabled, and remade the thing from scratch.  A ok, also assigned a non bladed cart... wasn't sure if that was the reason though
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:31:36 am by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 10:46:15 am »

omg... my furniture one worked, but now... my armor stockpile still just has a steel helm, and half my armor is gone!

anyway to get items out of a minecart?  I can't even view them using t, or k

if I use the stocks screen, I can't zoom to my armor items...

update:
phew... got it.  I deleted the track stop (must have had a bad dump direction).  and then rebuilt, then set my routes to push always, got my stuff.  Yay!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:49:47 am by thistleknot »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 03:15:46 pm »

k to view the mine cart, then v, and you can dump individual items out of the cart. It takes 2500 units of crafts to fill the mine cart. But only 5 stones. Ammo is even smaller than the crafts.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 03:19:50 pm »

k showed nothing, but I'll check in the future.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 03:58:37 pm »

I tried the setup in the first post of that linked thread and it doesn't work for me either.  It was to take flux stones and ore, push immediately when full, push in 14 days when 50% full, and push in 28 days always.  Dwarves won't fill it and won't push it.  Directions are all good, nearly all dwarves have all hauling labors enabled including vehicle shoving, no one is restricted by a burrow, I don't know what else the problem could be.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 04:26:32 pm »

One thing I keep forgetting is both setting a stockpile link, and setting the desired items.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 04:32:12 pm »

Maybe that's the step I'm missing.  I set the stockpiles to be selective, but I didn't know the minecart stop could be.  How do I set the desired items to take from the stockpiles?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:22 pm »

h>select stop>Enter to define stop>Enter to set desired items, just like setting up a custom stockpile. Dorfs will fill the cart.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

Excellent, thank you.  Now maybe I can get my rock blocks back from that partially-completed giant suspended warehouse I was going to use to get all that flux and ore out of the way.