Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28

Author Topic: What is the best...Film?  (Read 30055 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
What is the best...Film?
« on: July 01, 2012, 01:00:34 am »

Successor to the "Shit let's be [blank]" thread and its myriad internet quizzes, the What is the best... thread shall determine the general favoritism of Bay Watchers on the specific instances of subjects in a general category for the triad purposes of conversation enablement, community demographics acquisition, and narcissistic esoteric joy-enablement.

Let us begin.

What is the best fruit? 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What is the best vegetable?

What is the best element?

What is the best film?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:36:56 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: What is the best...Fruit?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 01:03:33 am »

The "of the Loom" kind. Comfy!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 01:13:20 am »

It's not the durian fruit?

I would have guessed the apple. I eat them whole. Core and all. I'm kind of scary like that.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:14:37 am »

The fruit that is borne from my evil plans of world domination.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2012, 01:16:11 am »

I would have guessed the apple. I eat them whole. Core and all. I'm kind of scary like that.
Hope you don't eat the seeds. Those contain cyanide, from what I hear (or was that peach pits? :-\ )

Clearly, the best fruit is strawberries. They are delicious, easy to eat, and can be made into many many things.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 01:16:39 am »

ALL OF'M!!

What is this best you talk of?

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 01:20:36 am »

Hope you don't eat the seeds. Those contain cyanide, from what I hear (or was that peach pits? :-\ )
Most fruits contain some level of cyanide in one part or another. The level of cyanide in apple seeds is generally insufficient to poison humans, even if you eat many of them.

In a similar showing of toxicity, caffeine is produced by plants as a deadly paralytic....versus insects, while we react quite differently.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 01:20:58 am »

Biggest fruit is best fruit!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:34 am »

Biggest fruit is best fruit!
Tasteless mutant pumpkins, then?
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:21:58 am »

I've always been partial to the fruits, that by which ye shall know them.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2012, 01:22:35 am »

Most fruits contain some level of cyanide in one part or another. The level of cyanide in apple seeds is generally insufficient to poison humans, even if you eat many of them.

In a similar showing of toxicity, caffeine is produced by plants as a deadly paralytic....versus insects, while we react quite differently.
Well, never mind then! I had heard that some part of some fruit actually contained toxic amounts of cyanide, but I wasn't sure which fruit it was.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2012, 01:23:45 am »

Well, I know the black cherry has poison, and the enzymes needed for the poison to actually work as poison to us, while the domestic cherry lacks the enzymes.

Plants are weird.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2012, 01:26:43 am »

If you want a fruit that is toxic to humans, try Black Cherries. Now, let me just say first that Black Cherries are some of the most delicious things in the world, but they will kill you stone dead if you eat the wrong part. All but the fruit itself is deadly toxic to the point that it has been known to take out livestock. Stem? Kills you. Seeds? Kills you? Bark? Yes, that kills you too.

Heavy risk, but the prize....

NOTEDIT: DAMN YOU SKYRUNNER
No Gods, No Masters.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2012, 01:30:47 am »

OF MY LOINS!

Once I find somewhere to cultivate them, of course. All I have right now are the seeds.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34:57 am »

My favorite fruit is corn. Corn is totally a fruit now.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 28