Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So I killed my first forgotten beast today...  (Read 833 times)

gyerfry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So I killed my first forgotten beast today...
« on: June 30, 2012, 10:04:06 pm »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh god.  Poor guy nearly single-handedly takes it out and this is his fate.

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
Re: So I killed my first forgotten beast today...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 10:12:07 pm »

Was it breathing fire? Or just throwing off some sort of noxious emission?

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 10:12:23 pm »

He will soon begin rotting. Id give him a nice tomb and begin looking for the succesor if I were you

Such is the fate with deadly dust FBs. Or did it have deadly blood?
Either way, check his inventory and make sure he doesnt have any FB extract on him. If he does, mist bath time. Dont let him near your well unless you are prepared to see many swollen, roting feet speading miasma ecerywhere.

Bonus side: Crutches will become more useful.

Have fun!

gyerfry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Yeah, he didn't make it.  And it was fumes.  A few more dwarves died from it but it looks like it's stopping.  Ah well, at least it didn't kill EVERYONE.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »

It was some kind of dust, mist, blood, poison or something like that. They have different sindromes. Looks to me like your quite unlucky with yours, your guy is going to rot from the inside out, producing miasma as he waks around. Be very carful, as the FB extract is what causes it, and if the guy that killed it has any on him, then anyone who touches it will get the same syndrome's on whatever body part touched it, it a ton of blistered rotting feet making miasma everywere. Iv had a few forts taken down by these deadly syndromes.

As for a solution, the simplist way is to just quarenteen your guy and starve him out so he does not spread it, forbid the body and all the stuff in his invantory when he dies, (incase it has any FB extract on it, wouldent was some poor haulers to lose their hands) and wall off the exit to the tomb to never be touched again. The second, if you want your guy to live a bit linger, is to, once again, quarenteen him, but this time fill the chamber up with some water (4 max) to wash him off. When all the FB extract is off him and his stuff (check with [v] to view units, go over him, hit [I} for his invantory and if he has something like "Forgotten beast extract splatter on left upper arm" or another body part) get him outta there and wall the place off so no dorfs step in the FB extract. Quick warning, he will still rot and die, even with the FB extract off him, producing miasma as he does.

Hope this helps!

Edit; Wow, how could i forget to wish a very !!fun!! time! Well, anyway, orry i forgot, and be surw to have as much !!fun!! as possible! I hope its !!fun!!!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:59:10 am by WaffleEggnog »
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.

ClayMonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:20 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 04:08:50 am »

Everything about it was survivable... Until your poor Dwarf breathed in the fumes. It's the lungs blistering that killed him. Without that, it would've been possible to save him via surgery, with a competent team of medical Dwarves.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 05:25:08 am »

competent team of medical Dwarves.
Things you say usually make sense, but this statement just baffles me.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!