Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Taming in worldgen  (Read 1376 times)

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taming in worldgen
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 04:44:57 pm »

...though cavern creatures are very expensive, so you may not have seen them because you didn't have the points.
I stripped almost every point from the embark screen for a total of about 1030 points and still no dice. How much do cavern creatures cost anyway?

The reason they don't show up is because they spawn in the second or third caverns; animals and plants have to have UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1 to be available upon embark or via caravan. Change that 2:3 to 1:3 and they'll show up.
Now THAT makes sense. I was suspecting the thing with the purring maggots was happening. Onto the RAWs.

I suspect a world re-gen will be necesary correct?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 04:51:13 pm »

Probably.

ANd if I recall right, Dralthas are like 500 or something, GCS 2500, Cave crawlers I have no idea.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

GCS 2500

Well damn. Time to up the embark points. Thanks for the help.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Taming in worldgen [Mystery Solved, darn kids and your stupid dog]
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure that's tehe price.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 05:35:26 pm »

Changing their cavern depth will require a regen; you might as well throw USE_ANY_PET_RACE into the dwarven entity file while you're at it.

Now, far as taking them along, embark price for animals is half their pet value plus one... if they have a pet value that is (animals without pet value simply cost one dwarfbuck). GCS cost 1251 points on embark.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 05:52:59 pm »

Alright, worldgen gave me a general who tamed jabberers, which I had also changed to be available as cavern layer 1 creatures

Sure enough, there are jabberer leather goods, and jabberer meat and eggs available. But no jabberer to select as pet. And Ive got about 2250 embark points.

The mystery continues, and I´m out of scooby snacks.

EDIT: And they still only show up as "General Familiarity"

Is there something in the RAWs I am missing?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:03:54 pm by Friendstrange »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

Changing their cavern depth will require a regen; you might as well throw USE_ANY_PET_RACE into the dwarven entity file while you're at it.

Now, far as taking them along, embark price for animals is half their pet value plus one... if they have a pet value that is (animals without pet value simply cost one dwarfbuck). GCS cost 1251 points on embark.

So THATS why I was able to bring a few hundred ogres and trolls once as a goblin civ! Because they have no value!

Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »

I always picturedogres and trolls agreeing to serve as fortification breakers in exchange for food and fun.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 01:02:12 am »

Is there something in the RAWs I am missing?

Did you add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to the dwarven entity?

Because I always add it to mine and giving jabberers [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3] allows me to embark with them. 751 points for standard, 1501 for war/hunting jabberers.

Also, you are looking at the animal listings on the wagon contents list rather than looking for them under the Pets heading, correct? Pets only lists vermin.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 01:04:07 am by Ubiq »

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 03:10:34 am »

Did you add [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] to the dwarven entity?
Ive added that now and holycrap it works. Though I also seem to have acces to many animals like rhinoceros, cheetahs, jaguars, Giant cavve swallows and other things that Im pretty sure the general did not tame.
This feels slightly overpowering. Im okay embarking with GCS if the general actually went through the trouble of taming the things but Im not sure how I feel having acces to all these animals.

Though I guess it would make sense since the civilization was based in savanas and shrublands I think.
Pages: 1 [2]