Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Creeper Cavern: 0.3 released! Go play Caverncrept!  (Read 19890 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Creeper Cavern: Go sign up for our tentative succession game!
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:01 am »

[REACTION_CLASS:x] is an extremely useful tag, and one that you should learn ASAP. On it's most basic level, reaction class is a tag that you

1. Add to materials
2. Add to reagents
3. Reagents will only use materials with that reaction class.

This works for all materials--say you have 23 different metals that can be used to make a certain tool, but any other metal shouldn't be used. Reaction classes on those materials, same reaction class on the reagent, there you have it.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 04:03:47 pm »

Slimes were too much of a chore with their custom tissues so I defaulted them back to sponge and kept the custom body. They can be rendered helpless with the right stuff, but not very easily which is perfect!

Now to work out the Diamond Refinery. I've added the REACTION_CLASS tokens so now I just have to figure out why I can't build it :P

EDIT: I had changed the name from "DIAMOND_PROCESS" to "DIAMOND_REFINERY" and didn't fix entity_default. Bam! Done. Now to test the reactions :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:10:00 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2012, 10:03:48 pm »

Not many replies lately, I swear I'm hard at work, here's something that I had to share.

This killed half my (aboveground :P ) fort. The cause was one falling rock that broke someone's spine. Perfect!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2012, 10:10:45 pm »

Wow.

What are those little i thingies?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2012, 10:23:39 pm »

Wow.

What are those little i thingies?
Dandelions. The red things are roses. They're used for dye and nothing else, but they're fairly valuable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2012, 11:38:11 pm »

Ah. What are the o's? Not the bubble bulbs, the corpse and the yellow thingy. And the brown thingy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2012, 09:34:05 am »

Ah. What are the o's? Not the bubble bulbs, the corpse and the yellow thingy. And the brown thingy.
Pumpkins and watermelons - when melons are "smashed" (die) from being walked over they open up and get a red background. Pumpkins just turn dark instead of yellow. They both use o as a tile :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:09 pm »

Ah.

...say, is that a moody creeper in the middle of the explosion?
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 10:47:28 pm »

Ah.

...say, is that a moody creeper in the middle of the explosion?
Yes. He was the only survivor on the surface and also the only one not tantruming, probably due to having just completed an artifact.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2012, 02:11:57 pm »

Good news, everyone! I finally released 0.3!!

Here's the features list copied from DFFD:
Creatures
  • Slimes are now all fixed and they don't melt at room temperature anymore!
  • Enderdragons avoid traps and breathe fire!
  • Testificates form civilizations and have large heads!
  • Ops replace kobolds in name only!
  • Pigmen haunt the upper caverns and form tribes!
Plants
  • Pretty roses give red dye!
  • Fluffy dandelions give yellow dye!
  • Sugarcane can be milled into more valuable cane sugar and cane syrup!
  • Pumpkins provide some variety and have edible leaves!
  • Melons' value has been slightly lowered!
Trap Components
  • This is actually from 0.1 but I forgot to mention it - crushing pistons! They can be made of wood or metal and do indeed crush things!
Workshops
  • The Diamond Refinery allows you to turn shiny gems into useful metals!
Materials
  • Refined diamond can be made only from diamonds and is worth twice as much as platinum or aluminum! Migrants may bring bolts or crossbows made of it in which case you are a very lucky overseer. It holds a great edge too! It sublimates at high temperatures.
  • Refined gemstone is less of a incredible material, but it's still a decent way to use up your shiny crystals and is a little more effective than bronze.

It ALSO comes with cool bonus tilesets:
  • The standard slightly-graphicy set from last release!
  • My hand-drawn 6x6 and 16x16 sets, edited to include creepers (well, the 6x6 isn't edited because it's tiny)!
  • A slightly modified Jolly Bastion set, also including creepers!

You'll have to configure them yourself but they look great!

So, Caverncrept is getting started immediately. I'm genning the worlds and if you're signed up then take note!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creeper Cavern: 0.3 released! Go play Caverncrept!
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2012, 10:34:17 pm »

8)
Can't wait to try it out.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:22 pm »

I found a bunch of errors that look like they should be fixed while starting my Caverncrept turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2012, 12:39:42 pm »

I found a bunch of errors that look like they should be fixed while starting my Caverncrept turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
D:

Most of this looks like crappy tissue work (I don't get tissue layers so yeah, mooshrooms have probably intangible mushrooms) and I thought I had fixed lava cubes. Grrr.

Did this load normally or did you use a parser/checker/thing? Because damn :(

I'll try fixing that, but it's an old save so we'd have to edit it directly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2012, 01:12:38 pm »

This loaded, but I suspect that:

Creepite might be a bit wonky; same with sugarcane, pumpkins, and processing gems.
Ghasts are going to be...odd.
Mooshrooms and lava cubes are going to function a little differently, although hopefully not too much.
Dwarves lack nails. Why do you even HAVE dwarves?
Enderdragons will keep causing errors.
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2012, 01:54:41 pm »

This loaded, but I suspect that:

Creepite might be a bit wonky; same with sugarcane, pumpkins, and processing gems.
Ghasts are going to be...odd.
Mooshrooms and lava cubes are going to function a little differently, although hopefully not too much.
Dwarves lack nails. Why do you even HAVE dwarves?
Enderdragons will keep causing errors.
When I started out I was super afraid of changing [CREATURE:X] names and never did fix it (Suika Fortress also didn't change it, and that was the first mod I ever looked at so I thought maybe changing the names was really bad or did wacky things). I haven't touched creepers for a while so most of that stuff is noob mistakes.

Ghasts didn't work and they basically have two part bodies.

Mooshrooms just have a minutely tweaked body-type to include the mushrooms on their back. Attacks focusing on the mushrooms *possibly* will go straight through.

Enderdragons shouldn't be too weird, I just changed a couple of the "soul" attributes (willpower attack) to be too high and it looks like the game fixes that.

The gem-processing reactions work as intended, and so did the plants, but sugarcane shares the growing season of sweet pods because I forgot to tweak that. I guess it fits.

Gah, this all seems so fragile now :o
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8