Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Medic!  (Read 2745 times)

FourierSeries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medic!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

How is health care working in this newest version?

It can be a bit dicey if you don't screen your medical personnel for vampires. The first three functioning doctors I tried out were ... ultimately unhelpful. Yes, all three of them.

Dunno if I was just "lucky" & I don't know if there were any vamps previously. Most of the fort was annihilated while getting things up & running, & before I reached a point where I could start worrying about medical care.

Looks like I'll be (re)starting up my hospital from scratch, with no one who has any skills at all. Talk about a challenge.
I don't think losing guts actually kills you, you just throw up and pass out and bleed to death.
This was supposed to be a cool upgrade. All I got was more hostile zombies.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 05:57:37 pm »

Let us not forget #1346: "Adamantine thread used for suturing." It can be really nasty if you are unprepared.
What? It increases the value of Dwarves by quite a margin :P
So, a dwarven version of Wolverine? The badger dwarf with sutures of pure candy?
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 06:52:33 pm »

I usually have every migrant with some skill in medicine have every medicine job enabled, all hauling jobs disabled and then give them something suitable to do like bonecarving, cooking, or butchering.
Pages: 1 [2]