Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You have got to see this.  (Read 3781 times)

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You have got to see this.
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:25:18 pm »

discuss.
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You have got to see this.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:27:14 pm »

Everyone starves to death 2 seconds later.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:29:02 pm »

But wouldn't the dwarves go super fast? and everything would happen really fast and since my food production is automated it wont matter
I love this. In three pages we've gone from being willing to eat intelligent beings, to trying to make them *more* intelligent, so it will be more fun to eat them.
Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:19 pm »

It means nothing, because the game is paused.  With an uncapped framerate and nothing to process, this isn't at all surprising.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »

Something terrible will happen and you won't have time to react.

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:01 pm »

Something terrible will happen and you won't have time to react.

Everybody's dead, Dave Dorf.

Fix'd.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 08:34:32 pm »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 08:35:42 pm »

Give it a minute to settle.  I can almost guarantee it won't stay that high for long, especially since it looks like it halved as soon as you unpaused.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 08:38:17 pm »

That's funny, actually. I unpaused it, and it stayed at 4000 for a solid minute, then plummeted to a scant 22.

By the way, how do you increase fps? I cant live with 22 fps! I don't even have 200 dwarves yet!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 08:39:38 pm »

The counter seems to lag behind the actual framerate. You don't get your dwarves moving at that FPS immediately after unpausing, but at their usual rate. It's just a display issue.

What's your site size, how many levels are there, and how much stuff do you have lying around? What was your framerate during the first few months of the fortress?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

dudemauler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 08:43:23 pm »

I have about 13 levels of fortress, and I dug down to the caverns with a single staircase just to get the spores for indoor grass.

I have 1000 plants, and 2000 seeds. That might be the problem.

Also, about a thousand of all the stuff from weapons to footwear in the stocks screen.

As in, a thousand in each category. When I started the fort it was at the cap fps, which was 100/50.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 09:14:34 pm »

To keep an almost steady framerate of 60-ish with 200 dwarves, disable temperature :/
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 09:26:22 pm »

I had less than 1 FPS at the end of my last fort in the 40d version, 22 FPS is pretty damn good by comparison.

EDIT:

the cap fps, which was 100/50.

Also lower your GFPS cap (how fast the screen updates) in the init file from 50 to 10 or 20, that can help boost your regular FPS (how fast time in the game runs).
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:29:26 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 09:30:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy Crap. That looks almost EXACTLY like the top of my current fort, except with mine the rivers at a bit of a angle, and your using a slight tile set, my bridges are different from tbat. But still, the resemblance, especially the big building in the middle, is striking. Except, I use that area for corpse storage.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 09:48:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Holy Crap. That looks almost EXACTLY like the top of my current fort, except with mine the rivers at a bit of a angle, and your using a slight tile set, my bridges are different from tbat. But still, the resemblance, especially the big building in the middle, is striking. Except, I use that area for corpse storage.
Meh, I don't get why people waste stone on walls for structures like these, I just dig a hole lol.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.
Pages: [1] 2 3