Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Always die in first fight in Adventurer...  (Read 1063 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Always die in first fight in Adventurer...
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 01:42:28 pm »

You don't need to cook meat. You can eat it raw without worrying about salmonella. Oh, and put points in shield user.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

agvkrioni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 01:53:56 pm »

Was walking across a frozen tundra of ice which turned out to be the ocean. Went to sleep numerous times as the days waned and was fine. One night I went to sleep, woke up "encased in ice" and dead. Wow. What a let doooown.

Uthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »

play as a dwarf set dwarfs to [SPEED:0] avoid fighting dwarfs.

it makes you move like someone from DBZ think attacking 500 times in 1/10 of a second.

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 04:55:52 pm »

I'm trying out adventure mode using a dwarf trained to ledgendary killer elite  everthing with an artifact candy axe, artifact dark strangler bone crossbow, artifact bizmuth bronze mace (weighs 6 urists - it is encircled with bands of platinum), masterwork addy everything with one steel left boot (better for kicking possibly?).

A cave troll punched her upper spine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

Bad luck can always kill you. Escpecially with archers. Escpecially especially with bogeymen. Especially escpecially especially with bogeymen archers...*shudder*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 01:37:38 am »

Bad luck can always kill you. Escpecially with archers. Escpecially especially with bogeymen. Especially escpecially especially with bogeymen archers...*shudder*

they have weapons now?

Drinking the blood of things you killed is always good. Well, almost alway, don't worry about it. And yeah, watch out with ice. In one case, I was walking along, found a frozen river, walked over, pass some time, found an unfrozen river, started to swim across. Suddenly I noticed the water upstream was starting to freeze... huh? Guess what, it gets colder at night.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

dexxy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 03:43:08 am »

Drinking the blood of things you killed is always good. Well, almost alway, don't worry about it.
I was playing once, did that "drink the blood spatters off yourself so you don't die of thirst" trick, as recommended. Suddenly, I was a vampire. "Ohhh that's right, I was fighting a vampire a couple of days ago..."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 06:54:10 am »

they have weapons now?

Thank Armok, no. I was just making a joke. Try not to leave bows around, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 [2]