Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gray Langur's are better thieves than kobolds and I want to make them evaporate  (Read 5325 times)

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile

Oooooh, one I really hate is elk birds. They really aren't too difficult to dispose of or anything but I once had a real great fort going and these darn elk birds were coming in en masse from every side of the caverns, EVADING ALL OF MY CAGE TRAPS SOMEHOW and attacking my dwarves. At one stage I had about 40 of them on the map. And about 26 in cages. Which I buried. Alive.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Ravens
Keas
Guinea-hens <- Migrants bring loads of these. I don't like them.
Badgers
Indigenous cavern life

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile

giant ravens .

4 of my hunters were fighting 1 giant raven , all of the ravens body parts were red but it dies only when its heart is torn apart or when the throat is torn apart . it still survives for a while with both lungs broken and upper spine damaged.
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod

Keas and langurs, both of which I have since modded to melt. Throw sieges at me, throw megabeasts at me, hell, throw HFS at me, but do NOT steal my shit.

Regarding other creatures, alligators suck and I have a strong desire to bait them all under a mountain held up by a single support and dump the whole thing on their heads. Dingos aren't much better, especially giant dingos or dingo men.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:26:17 am by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

Keas and langurs, both of which I have since modded to melt. Throw sieges at me, throw megabeasts at me, hell, throw HFS at me, but do NOT steal my shit.

Regarding other creatures, alligators suck and I have a strong desire to bait them all under a mountain held up by a single support and dump the whole thing on their heads. Dingos aren't much better, especially giant dingos or dingo men.
Unlike Kea's and Langurs you can weaponize Alligators and giant dingos. With their birth rate you can have a decent number of scaly guard dogs very quickly.

Moonshadow101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've taken away Keas' ability to steal stuff in the RAWs. As for ground-bound creatures, well, at least I have a shot at catching them.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile

I've taken away Keas' ability to steal stuff in the RAWs. As for ground-bound creatures, well, at least I have a shot at catching them.
I actually add the ability to steal to many common creatures, It's annoying as all hell but Kea's are about as much fun you can have without ever risking completel downfall.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Don't forget to stop vultures and buzzards from stealing food, then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ground critters are easy, just sprinkle a few weapon traps around.

Keas and other flying nuisances, OTOH, are a good reason to bring along at least (1) marksdwarf.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile

Buzzards. Fuckin' buzzards. A while back, I had an issue with them stealing my entire forts food supply when I started, leading to starving and dehydrated dwarves EVERYWHERE.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 [2]