Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15458 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 10)
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »

((Cue our strongest party members both abandoning the rope and the rest of us getting dragged into the water. :P
I can see it now. Also, I had a go at drawing Sneebus. It is a most disturbing drawing, luckily for you I have no scanner currently. ;)))
((You mean me and orgydwarf there?  :P))
((Actually, Bob is probably our strongest party member. I think Olaf would only make top 3.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2012, 03:45:49 pm »

((Cue our strongest party members both abandoning the rope and the rest of us getting dragged into the water. :P
I can see it now. Also, I had a go at drawing Sneebus. It is a most disturbing drawing, luckily for you I have no scanner currently. ;)))
((You mean me and orgydwarf there?  :P))
((Actually, Bob is probably our strongest party member. I think Olaf would only make top 3.))
((I see what you did there.))

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2012, 12:36:25 pm »

((Leaving for three days tomorrow. Take over.))
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2012, 08:58:42 pm »

Turn 11

>Pull that goblin up!
keep pulling.
Heave him up.
(+3)!

Keep pulling the goblin with all available strength.

Thanen - Roll to Heave [6+3] ((Holy moly))

Heave! The goblin is pulled from the grasp of the beast below and sent flying up to the ledge! Scrambling to his feet, it appears the only injuries he's sustained are two large slices in his right arm, which are bleeding at a moderately alarming degree, but which do not appear lethal. He is covered partially in viscous blue slime.

JUMP IN THERE WITH MY 10 FOOT POLE, HOPING TO STRIKE WHATEVER IS HITTING YON GOBLIN!

GRAVITEE!

Olaf - Roll to Skewer [3]
With a running start, Olaf leaps from the ledge pole-first. With a sickening squelch, the pole makes its mark, sinking into soft flesh. The creature rears from the water, showing its ugly face: an emaciated, crustaceous beast with a multitude of bulging eyes and a large maw containing several rows of razor sharp teeth. Its eight tentacles resemble those of a squid, membraneous and covered in large suction cups. As it rises out of the water in pain, Olaf swinging from the pole embedded in the side of its bulbous head, it lets out a piercing shriek which reverberates around the chamber and the surrounding tunnels loudly.

Bob tells the others about the passage he noticed and goes investigate it.

As Bob begins to cross the bridge of black stuff, he realizes it is slick and oily, difficult to maneuver on. One of the tentacles of the beast has wrapped around the middle of the bridge, preventing him from continuing across.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 11)
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2012, 09:23:46 pm »

"Tally ho!"

Olaf could feel the chilly cavernous breeze as he fell, before sinking the pole deep into the unknown figure in the water.

Of course, what occurred partly fazed him, and partly brought out his love for the hunt. Though, this lacked hunting dogs and foxes, especially mounts. But what could you do?

"Is that all you got?!

"Bring it on, Lads!"

Leap from mine pole > Eyes. Begin punching the heck out of them!

Use items accordingly to feasible damage. Scream british war cries.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:31:35 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2012, 09:43:40 pm »

"Take care of this goblin runt, I'll help the lad."

Thanen deposits Fletcher on the ground to keep him safe and jumps into Olaf's aid

"Hooo!"

Help Olaf, overhead strike with Malice.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:49 am »

Sneebus levelled his fork at the soaked goblin, a slow grin coming over his ugly, scarred features.
"So... Ya gots them rescuin' fees, ugly?"

>Extort goblin for 'rescue fees'!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »

Bladed staff, creatures eye, Make it happen.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 9)
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2012, 06:55:07 pm »

"I doubt he has anything worth taking aside from information."
Ardan asked the goblin "Why did the other goblins throw you in the pool?"
Soaplent green is goblins!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2012, 06:16:00 am »

(I'm back.)

One of the tentacles of the beast has wrapped around the middle of the bridge, preventing him from continuing across.
A weak spot! Bob charges towards the tentacle and strikes it with his sword, attempting to sever it with one mighty blow.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:11 pm »

Turn 12

Leap from mine pole > Eyes. Begin punching the heck out of them!

Use items accordingly to feasible damage. Scream british war cries.

Olaf - Roll to Perpetrate Heroism [1]
Tally ho, indeed. Olaf launches himself from the weaponized pole onto the creature's many eyes and begins beating them wildly! Or, at least, those were his intentions, but due to a horrifying (perhaps humorous?) mishap, he lands in the creature's mouth instead, managing to save himself from sliding down its gaping throat by grabbing ahold of its grotesque, hanging uvula. Holy guacamole, there's phlegm and saltwater everywhere in here! Thank God for those british war cries, they may well have saved Olaf from certain destruction.

Help Olaf, overhead strike with Malice.

Thanen - Roll to Assail [4]
Kapow! A square shot to the chitinous noggin. Malice's weight cuts into the creature's soggy flesh as if it were instead soggy butter. Thanen is standing atop the creature, axe in hands.

>Extort goblin for 'rescue fees'!

Sneebus - Roll to Extort [2]
"I don't got anything," the goblin whines. "Honest!"
Even his whistle seems to have been shaken off in the water, as he has nothing visible on his person besides his clothes. He scampers away from the water, towards the nearby passage, keeping his eyes on the creature in the water.
"I can show you where the others keep their stuff."

Bladed staff, creatures eye, Make it happen.

Mason - Roll to Assail [5]
And so it was made to happen. A bladed staff came to know the beast's many eyes, and it was good times all around. There was even a moment when Mason and Thanen were able to celebrate their successful strikes with a firm high-five whilst standing atop the creature. It was a pretty bro moment to be sure.

The creature appears to be suffering significantly at this point. It should not take much more to finish it off.

Ardan asked the goblin "Why did the other goblins throw you in the pool?"

"To feed the monster!" the goblin shudders. "The guy in the black said to feed one of us to the monster every day!"

A weak spot! Bob charges towards the tentacle and strikes it with his sword, attempting to sever it with one mighty blow.

Bob - Roll to Assail [5]
The tentacle is chopped off in a single strike, causing the creature to reel backwards and crash into the opposite side of the cavern.

Water Beast - Roll to Assail [4]
The beast uses one of its remaining tentacles to take a shot at the annoying pests on its head. It grabs Mason and begins to crush him!
Beast - Crushing Mason (Activates next turn)

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I knew I'd fail sooner or later.))

Olaf blanched at the smells down here. It was like living during the time of the Plague!

But...all his knowledge of brawling gave him an idea. If the creature had a uvula, ripping it out would stop it from speaking!

. . .

Did this thing even need a uvula?

"Cheerio, beast."

Rub that uvula! Hopefully, it also has a gag reflex to it.

Massage it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanen yelled as he realized Mason's situation before leaping to attack the enemy he was on.
"Let the lad go!"

Cleave the monster in twain with Malice.
>Yes?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile

" 'Kay guise, I gots it covered."
 Bob leaps from the bridge onto the monster's head and tries to open the beast's mouth using his bare hands, with the intention of freeing Olaf and perhaps even dislocating the creature's jaw.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sneebus looked from the goblin, to Ardas, to the scene of carnage in the water, then back to the goblin again.
He scratched his chin thoughtfully, then let out a thoughtful grunt and prodded the recently-rescued greenskin with his fork.
"C'mon then, ya showin' us this loot or not? Mebbe we lets ya shank a few of them gits in their sleep fer chuckin' you in there, eh?"

He bared his misshapen, goofy teeth in a grin, shrugging at Ardas and moving to follow his new 'friend'.

>Follow the goblin to loot his traitorous comrades! For, uh, the greater good or something... Yeah, that's totally what I'll tell 'em.

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10