Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15453 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 9)
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2012, 08:17:42 am »

"How 'bout we save the goblin? Not the finest runts the goblins are, but the lad should at least help us with something after we save him."

Make a lasso and fish the goblin out of the lake with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2012, 08:28:36 am »

"Good idea me lad! Though, his struggling wouldn't make it easy for him. Here, let me help."

Drop a set of goblin clothing far from the current goblin's location, in order to hopefully distract whatever may be in there.

Add rope to Thanen's plan. Help him.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2012, 08:56:51 am »

"I agree with olaf, he could help us, he might know his way around the cave."
Look for ledges, mentaly check and see if we have  enough rope to pull him out.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2012, 08:57:52 am »

"We should have enough rope as long as nothing gets him first."
Ardan attempted to help with Thanen's plan.
Soaplent green is goblins!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2012, 02:56:54 am »

Bob watches the cavern and warns his party if the goblins return.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2012, 03:56:42 am »

Sneebus rushed out from hiding along with the others, peering down into the water at the floundering greenskin.
"Right, well, get dat rope in there, then. 'Fore whatever's down there beats us to it."
He dropped to a crouch, cupped his hands around his mouth and raised his voice slightly, hopefully loud enough that the goblin could hear him without alerting anyone-- or anything-- else. A stage-whisper, really.
"Hoi, you! We gonna toss you a rope, get ready ta grab it!"
He flapped a hand impatiently at his comrades, trying to point them towards the target. "C'mon, gets 'at rope in there!"

>Let the goblin know what we're doing, then help the team by directing them to just where he is.
Also keep an eye (har) out for any signs of whatever lurks within the pool.

>Once he's (hopefully) holding the rope, I'll give a hand dragging him out.
Being sure to scope out any coin purses/shiny things on his person at the same time, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2012, 02:28:28 am »

Turn 10

Look for ledges, mentaly check and see if we have  enough rope to pull him out.

Mason - Roll to Search [2]
There do not appear to be any navigable ledges for getting in or out of the water. There is easily enough rope to pull the goblin up.

Drop a set of goblin clothing far from the current goblin's location, in order to hopefully distract whatever may be in there.

Add rope to Thanen's plan. Help him.

Olaf tosses the goblin clothes into the water on the opposite side of the bridge, where they settle on the surface and float. He then assists Thanen (+1).

Ardan attempted to help with Thanen's plan.

Ardan assists Thanen as well (+1).

Make a lasso and fish the goblin out of the lake with it.

Thanen - Roll to Lasso [1+2]
Thanen ties a quick loop in his rope and tosses it in the water. The goblin grabs ahold of the rope with both hands and starts climbing up. His eyes suddenly grow wide and he disappears with a plop and a pitiful squeek, pulling the rope taught under the water. Thanen's agility spares him from being pulled in as well, though he struggles to keep his hands on the rope as it is pulled deeper underwater. Sneebus, standing nearest, grabs hold of the rope behind Thanen, though the two of them are being dragged slowly towards the precipice.

>Let the goblin know what we're doing, then help the team by directing them to just where he is.
Also keep an eye (har) out for any signs of whatever lurks within the pool.

>Once he's (hopefully) holding the rope, I'll give a hand dragging him out.
Being sure to scope out any coin purses/shiny things on his person at the same time, of course.

Sneebus - Roll to Spot [5]
As Sneebus holds the rope behind Thanen, he notices a large, blueish shape under the water, but only for a moment before it disappears again beneath the murk. The goblin is also barely visible, thrashing about, obviously still alive. He has something shiny wrapped around his neck.

Bob watches the cavern and warns his party if the goblins return.

Bob - Roll to Keep Watch [6]
The goblins do not return, though Bob does notice another, small passage several feet above the one they left through. It appears small for a human, but Bob thinks he could easily enter it without needing to even duck his head.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)

((I think I'm the slowest GM ever, do I get a prize?))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:02:30 am by Flaming Dorf »
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 10)
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2012, 02:34:24 am »

"We gotta save this pitiful lad!"

Keep pulling the goblin with all available strength.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:26 am »

((I think I'm the slowest GM ever, do I get a prize?))
ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ_ಠ

* Tiruin looks at himself.

Olaf flexed his biceps as he grasped the 10-foot pole. He knew how to fight with his natural weapons. "Aye.

"HOLD ON LADDIE!"

JUMP IN THERE WITH MY 10 FOOT POLE, HOPING TO STRIKE WHATEVER IS HITTING YON GOBLIN!

GRAVITEE!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 04:46:23 am »

Sneebus stared blankly at the proceedings for a moment as the big human leapt bodily into the water.
He started to speak up, "Er, there a big nasty fishy-thing down there, yah... Ehh..." Then shrugged to himself and focused on pulling.
'Doesn't look like this green git has much of a chance...' Still, splashing about in the water looked kindof fun...And whatever that unseen creature was, it might have treasure. Unfortunately Sneebus wasn't much good at swimming. He decided he'd stick to the rope party.

"Hnnngeaagh!" A high-pitched growl of determination spilt forth from his gnomish lips as he tugged on the rope with all his (admittedly rather puny) might, single eye bugging out from the strain. 

>Pull that goblin up!
Booze is Life for Yoink

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 08:42:56 am »

"Keep puling lads!"
Heave him up.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2012, 10:25:14 am »

Ardan considered taking a shot at the shape in the water, but when Olaf started charging in he decided to just keep pulling.
Soaplent green is goblins!

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2012, 10:27:20 am »

Bob tells the others about the passage he noticed and goes investigate it.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2012, 01:02:25 pm »

((Cue our strongest party members both abandoning the rope and the rest of us getting dragged into the water. :P
I can see it now. Also, I had a go at drawing Sneebus. It is a most disturbing drawing, luckily for you I have no scanner currently. ;)))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2012, 03:40:53 pm »

((Cue our strongest party members both abandoning the rope and the rest of us getting dragged into the water. :P
I can see it now. Also, I had a go at drawing Sneebus. It is a most disturbing drawing, luckily for you I have no scanner currently. ;)))
((You mean me and orgedwarf there?  :P

Woohoo! I wonder what we'll find, perhaps Olaf will begin to hug a quitely blue and large cephalopod. Yay Cephalopods!

Upload it Yoink.))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10