Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15485 times)

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2012, 04:17:32 pm »

Turn 1

The morning comes quickly, and the intrepid adventures meet by torchlight outside the village walls. The sun has not yet risen above the distant eastern horizon, and the moon's light is veiled by a thick layer of clouds. The only light other than your torches is that of the crystals, casting their faint alien luminescence across the ground. Mayor Yulbar is there, garbed in an unsightly bearskin, as well as Defus, Oceantowne's shaman, who stands fidgeting with his hands and occasionally twitching.

At your feet lies an assortment of various pieces of equipment:

6 bedrolls
6 backpacks
1 hammer
1 small pick
4 bundles of firewood
12 torches
1 grappling hook
2 10-foot poles
6 lengths of rope (40 feet)
2 small glass containers
1 burlap sack
Flint and steel
1 small map of Oodge
1 magic candle (grants good luck and wards off evil spirits)

You are also supplied with enough food and water for three days. You can set off whenever the group is ready.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 1)
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2012, 06:40:53 pm »

Olaf looked at the others, then approached the pile. "I guess I'll pick my take then."

Get a bedroll, a backpack, a small pick, a 10-foot pole, a length of rope and a hammer.

"Someone lucky, get that candle."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:41 pm »

Thanen gets a bedroll, a backpack, two torches, a length of rope, a bundle of firewood, flint and steel, the magic candle and the grappling hook.

He also takes anything the others don't pick, since he can carry weight without having his movements impeded.

The large man pets the small dog (named Fletcher) he found the night before, putting it on his shoulder.
"Here boy, we'll have a nice adventure."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:12:08 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2012, 08:44:54 pm »

Ardan gets a bedroll, a backpack, two torches, a length of rope, and the small glass containers.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2012, 11:01:01 pm »

Sneebus scampers up to grab the burlap sack, a bedroll, a backpack and a length of rope. A creepy grin seems frozen on his face as he does so.
"Heh, heh... Someone oughta take da map! Else we be gettin' lost."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:19 am »

((Nobody really wants the candle?!  :o))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 12:05:49 am »

((Nobody really wants the candle?!  :o))
((There are still more people left to pick their things, and my character will get anything remaining.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 02:27:06 am »

Bob takes whatever is left behind. Mainly the heavy stuff that the others would have difficulty carrying.

((Sorry, it's hard to keep track of what's left. : / ))
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 08:52:58 am »

Grab anything that the others haven't "aquired" through the age old ways of "first come first served"
"Thanks for the choice guys! I'll definetly take the map though, I don't want to get lost before we even get to the cave."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »

Turn 2

After divvying up the supplies, your group is finally ready to embark. You wave goodbye to the mayor and the pale shaman, then begin what ends up being a very uneventful journey - about seven hours of plodding along through the mud, crystals and muddy crystals, following the directions scribbled on the map.

The sun is well into the western sky as your reach the ocean, at which you turn up the coast, traveling alongside a large cliff. Below you, the sea churns restlessly, gray as the cloudy skies above you. At the peak of a large hill, you are immediately aware that you have reached your destination - a collection of crystals, all over twenty feet tall, surround a single ledge jutting out over the water. Two lone figures stand next to the crystals, mostly motionless except for the occasional scanning around them. Either they haven't noticed you, or they are ignoring you, for they have not looked in your direction.

Spoiler: Inventories (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:28:47 am by Flaming Dorf »
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 2)
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 11:55:44 pm »

Sneebus hits the dirt with a soft thump, apparently entering sneak mode. In reality, all that walking is bloody tough on his little gnome legs. He raises his eyebrows at the others before squinting over at the unknown figures.
"Don't think they seen us. Mebbe we can sneak up on 'em, eh?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2012, 07:36:27 am »

Mason stops the group for a minute, and takes out the map.
"Lets not get into this situation if we can help it, i'll look for another route"
Mason looks for a route to avoid confrontation.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2012, 07:49:03 am »

Thanen pets Fletcher before turning to the group.
"An alternate route would be nice."

Squint eyes and try to discern more of the figures. If they are aggressive, chop them in half.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:19:12 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2012, 07:05:14 pm »

"Cautious this early, lads?"

Examine the figures, if they appear armed and seem like hostile folk, don't call out. Look like a traveler.

Otherwise: Call out to them and try to get their aid.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:41 pm »

"If you guys want to talk to them go ahead. I'll be over here preparing to shoot the closer one in case they don't feel like chatting."
Ardan crouches behind a shrub and aims his crossbow at the closer figure.
Soaplent green is goblins!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10