Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (Turn 13)  (Read 15488 times)

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Oodge - An RTD Adventure (introduction)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 01:16:06 am »

Glancing at the map Mason asks a question.
"What is this place on the map marked "Dont Go Here!"

"That is the location of the Foreboding Portal. Do not go there."

Thanen gives a strange look at Ardan before looking back to the mayor.
"Oh, yea. You promised us rewards, but you haven't shown any solid proof to back up your claims."

The dwarf-looking lad crosses his arms and stares with narrow eyes at the Mayor.

With a chuckle, Mayor Yulbar leans forward towards Thanen, raising his eyebrow conspiringly.
"I have already arranged a series of rewards for your efforts. To start, I promise one hundred gold crowns to each of you as soon as the crystals have settled down. You know Defus, shaman of Oceantowne, yes? He has agreed to create powerful magic artifacts for you once the pesky crystals have been banished. In addition, you make keep anything of value that you find in the caves."

Ardan asks "So you say these crystals are intelligent. Is the same true for the new ones that have been appearing elsewhere?"

"The Sacred Crystals possess a single, collective mind, centralized at the Crystal Caves but no doubt extending out to these troublesome offshoots, at least to some degree."
He points to a collection of small purple crystals which has breached the floor of his hut.
"It is said that wherever the crystals are present, the Cosmic Personalties are listening intently."

Olaf leans on his chair and kneads his knuckles. "What kind of temporal distortions, and how many known exits from that cave are there?

We can swim our way out, aye?"

"The magic of the crystals is erratic and unpredictable. Those who have journeyed into the Crystal Caves before you have said that time passes at a strange pace once you are inside. The cave itself has only one opening, and it is difficult to escape once the tide comes in because of the general shape of the cave. This is why you must always be wary of the tide while you are inside, and be careful not to journey too deep without checking the time."

He produces a small piece of parchment (from where, you are not sure you care to know) and scribbles a diagram depicting the general downward sloping tendancy of the first few hundred feet of the cave's tunnel-like entrance.

"When the tide recedes, the remaining seawater in the cave is consumed by the crystals in Mystical Rituals. It gets complicated."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 05:12:34 am by Flaming Dorf »
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 02:31:01 am »

Bob scratches his bald head as if thinking (probably not much, but still) and speaks.
 "I think we gots enuff of 'dis fancy speech. Yeah, we gots it - da place's dangerous, let's get goin' now."
 The halfbreed takes a few moments to think once again then faces the bearded man.
 "Also, dat's a mighty fine loincloth. Throw dat in as a reward too."
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 02:49:07 am »

Bob scratches his bald head as if thinking (probably not much, but still) and speaks.
 "I think we gots enuff of 'dis fancy speech. Yeah, we gots it - da place's dangerous, let's get goin' now."
 The halfbreed takes a few moments to think once again then faces the bearded man.
 "Also, dat's a mighty fine loincloth. Throw dat in as a reward too."

Roll to Persuade [5]
Mayor Yulbar grumbles a bit about your preposition but agrees. His loincloth (decorated with rhesus macaque leather studs) has been added to the rewards pile.
[PERMITTED_JOINT:100] (It's a maximum number per day. This is the elven setting)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 03:38:35 am »

Sneebus' unsettling gaze shifted to the loincloth, then over to Bob. A demented grin split his ugly face ear-to-ear.
"Heh.... Heheh! Maybe I'll share that with ya later, eh, big fella?" He winked, cackled, then hopped up from his seat and scampered off (hopefully) before the oversized halfbreed could whack him with a sword.
>Rest up for the journey, but not before pilfering any cutlery/shiny things within easy reach!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 06:42:04 am »

Thanen nods while combing part of his beard with one of his hands.
"Now that is good, except for the loincloth, of course. Well, I'm gonna sleep."

Satisfied, the bearded man gives Ardan another puzzled look before heading home and resting for the night.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2012, 12:09:55 pm »

Olaf straightened up and nodded, "Meet by first light then."

Rest for the night, not forgetting to bring handwrap.

Oh, and a flagon of ale.

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2012, 06:38:42 pm »

Sneebus' unsettling gaze shifted to the loincloth, then over to Bob. A demented grin split his ugly face ear-to-ear.
"Heh.... Heheh! Maybe I'll share that with ya later, eh, big fella?" He winked, cackled, then hopped up from his seat and scampered off (hopefully) before the oversized halfbreed could whack him with a sword.
>Rest up for the journey, but not before pilfering any cutlery/shiny things within easy reach!

Roll to Borrow [3]
Sneebus has managed to purloin the bronze ladle from the soup pot, complimenting his large fork with what is essentially an equally large spoon.

((Waiting for any more actions from Mason and Ardan before embarking.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:52:48 pm by Flaming Dorf »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 08:29:31 pm »

((Since there already has been some die rolling...))

Before going to sleep, Thanen goes around the town and looks for something that may help him in his quest.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:24 pm »

Ardan checks his supplies to see if he forgot anything.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:45 pm »

((Since there already has been some die rolling...))

Before going to sleep, Thanen goes around the town and looks for something that may help him in his quest.

Though all the businesses except for Mul's Bar are closed for the evening, Thanen decide to take a stroll through town to look for anything which might later help him. He encounters a small homeless dog resting in a ditch beside the road, and it decides to follow him home. A companion such as this could be useful.

Ardan checks his supplies to see if he forgot anything.

Ardan's possessions seem to be in order. Nothing missing or filched by that rancid gnome.

((I'll run turns properly once the adventure starts, it doesn't seem to matter at this point though. Waiting to see if Mason is going to do anything.))

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 12:01:05 am »

(Actually what I meant to ask was to get a list of the items I have. Things like rope and possibly a hammer because we will be dealing with crystals.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 12:07:35 am »

(Actually what I meant to ask was to get a list of the items I have. Things like rope and possibly a hammer because we will be dealing with crystals.)
((Yeah, I also want to know if we get any rope.))
>Yes?

Flaming Dorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh No Indian!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 12:47:46 am »

((Ah gotcha. Adventuring gear will be handed out in the morning before you leave, don't worry. Rope will definetely be an option!))

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 01:24:20 am »

((Ok, in that case Ardan rests))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2012, 11:38:44 am »

Nope i don't wanto to do anything :)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10