Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rocks Left from Mining  (Read 2801 times)

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rocks Left from Mining
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2012, 09:16:20 am »

Maybe the idea is you aren't supposed to go Make Rock Crafts R and Construct Mechanisms R and buy out everything from every caravan with no real cost or effort.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 09:29:09 am »

The 2500 units of crafts in my mine cart suggest otherwise.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2012, 10:48:03 am »

The main issue is that things made from rocks at the crafting / mechanic / mason workstations, can't be made from blocks.
Actually, that feels fine to me. I've played DF since the 2d days, and it's kinda nice to move the mason closer to the carpenter, clothier and other craftsmen who don't have an automatic infinite supply of raw material.

My only complaint is that none of this 25% business appears anywhere on the wiki's mining page. It's a huge change from prior versions. Could someone who fully understands the new rule please amend the wiki?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:15 am »

as to flux, it's probably possible to edit the pig iron and steel reactions so they give more material, but you have to use more too, but still one flux rock, or even change it so it uses blocks.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2012, 01:12:53 pm »

I've been tempted to edit my RAWs to fix the recipes for furniture, crafts, mechanisms...
Those things aren't in the raws.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2012, 04:04:23 pm »

as to flux, it's probably possible to edit the pig iron and steel reactions so they give more material, but you have to use more too, but still one flux rock, or even change it so it uses blocks.
Double posting, but ehh.

Yes, you can do this. Change the appropriate line in the reaction from [REAGENT:B:1:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX] to [REAGENT:B:1:BLOCKS:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:FLUX] and it will allow the use of blocks of flux stone and disallow the use of raw stone. To be thorough you could add a reaction that turns flux boulders into flux blocks, so that you can make blocks without having to enable general use of your flux stones in the Stones screen.

Edit: the steelmaking reaction has the flux as reagent C instead of the pig iron reaction's reagent B, so make a note of that if you're using automated text replacement.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:32:07 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]