Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 674772 times)

tnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The ULTRASun and ULTRAMoon Rises
« Reply #6375 on: March 09, 2018, 08:26:00 am »

Yeah, it has to be Gyarados for me too. I never played GO, can you fight pokemen now? Lately, I like Poliwhirl and Keldeo. I wonder how they are in GO and Nintendo games. Hmm... let me check.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:06 am »

We'll probably never fight wild pokemon sadly, but the raid system is kinda similar.  You have to defeat the souped-up pokemon with your team (together with friends, optionally) which weakens it for capture.  1 and 2 star raids are pretty easy to solo (at level 30).

I don't think Keldeo is released in GO yet, though it looks like they've found some early information on it in the game files.  Polywags have been super rare for me in GO, since I don't hang out near water often enough, and my Polywhirl looks really mediocre.  It's closer to evolution than I thought though...

If I use 7 rare candy I can make it a Polywrath, looks like.  If I also use one of these King Rocks cluttering my inventory, it'll make "???", so I'm doing that!
... oh gods what is this thing (Politoed).  Decent stats though, and both moves are STAB.  Still just water despite being a toad, heh.  I'll have to power it up a little, but this will be okay in my raiding pool.  (Raiding tends to burn through pokemon, especially the legendary raids, and revives are in short supply these days).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

tnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: March 09, 2018, 09:27:22 am »

Sounds nice, I should try GO for sure.Oh, Politoad is pretty good in the card game that you can summon a Poliwhirl to your bench without evolution needed.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: March 09, 2018, 12:06:36 pm »

What are you guys' favorite water pokemon?
Slowking always and forever. He never lets me down. Regenerator on such a tanky mon is brutal.

Also a great moveset alongside Dragon Tail.

I find Slowbro is too focused on being a physical wall. I prefer the flexibility of Slowking. Also barely anyone knows how to fight him, which gives me an advantage. NOBODY expects the fire blast.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: March 09, 2018, 03:35:20 pm »

What are you guys' favorite water pokemon?
Well I'm not at all competitive (I barely even get into post-game content) but I always have fun with Gyarados and Lanturn. Lanturn in particular is a big ball of HP with fairly strong typing.

Also my Moon-winning team contained Wishi-washi. So I'd have to put that among my favorites as well.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6380 on: March 09, 2018, 04:19:05 pm »

Blastoise forever.

But, if I can't get my hands on a Gen-1 starter, I like Golduck. He can learn a wide array of psychic moves and his stats aren't horrible. Lot of HP, more than Blastoise.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: March 14, 2018, 12:53:41 pm »

Heads up to everyone with Pokemon Bank: Hidden Ability Gen 7 starters are now available through the utility.  They'll be added to your loaded game as a Mystery Gift on starting it and logging in.
Decidueye: Long Reach (Does not make contact with the enemy for any moves)
Inciniroar: Intimidate (Lowers enemy attack)
Primarina: Liquid Voice (All sound-based moves become Water-type)

Inciniroar's HA is the only generic ability of the three and will likely be the most useful one, though I've been out of competitive for a bit.  Liquid Voice does not grant a power boost as far as I can tell, which means that Hyper Voice is still only equivalent to Sparkling Aria.  Long Reach has some fringe utility since it allows physical or mixed Decidueyes using contact moves to avoid effects like Static, Tangling Hair, Baneful Bunker, and King's Shield, but I think the attack drop from Intimidate has more far-reaching consequences in both Singles and Doubles. 

Also, I probably won't be consistent or timely in announcing individual events.  I haven't picked up the updated rerelease versions and honestly, I've not even booted Pokemon up since the Pikachu event last year.  I expect most people do have other places they prefer to pick up Pokemon news from, whether it's Nintendo, Serebii, or Bulbapedia, but I apologize if that causes difficulty.  That said, this is the year of legendaries, so each month will see legendary Pokemon distributed online to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.  March is for Regigigas (US) and Heatran (UM), each with a Gold bottle cap, which may be downloaded any time between the 1st and 24th. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:55:18 pm by Culise »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: March 25, 2018, 07:20:40 am »

Bulbasaur event today in GO!  My friends and I are going to a park for the dense pokestops and local players using lures, but my understanding is that Bulbasaurs will be common everywhere.  If it's like last time then these extra bulbasaurs will never have top-tier IVs, but it's a great opportunity to get candy.

Any venusaurs you evolve (or somehow catch, I think) *during the event* will have a unique charge move, Frenzy Plant!  I like Solar Beam just fine, but pros are saying it could "change the meta" and whatnot :P

And apparently there's triple-XP for catching during the event!  I wasn't expecting that.  That means that this is a particularly good time to use lucky eggs, if you have them.  The lucky eggs will only last half an hour like normal, but lures should last the entire event like last time.

Times, copy-pasted from this neato guide:
    The Asia-Pacific region: from 12:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. JST (GMT +9)
    Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: from 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. UTC (GMT +0)
    The Americas and Greenland: from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. PST (GMT -8)

The super-cool egg event is still going on too, where 2K eggs act like 5K or 10K eggs.  That ends April 2nd, so it's not time-sensitive as a three-hour event, but if you're going to be walking anyway~
(I'm less than 50 coins short for a Community Day box from the store, but that's fine.  The 6 lucky eggs are the only thing that's particularly good, and for 20 more coins you get 8.  Star pieces suck, they only give +50% stardust.  They and incense are only at all useful during an event like this, which I guess makes it a decent deal.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: March 26, 2018, 07:45:51 pm »

I got 12 bulbasaurs in my local strip mall.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: April 15, 2018, 10:30:48 am »

I meant to say this sooner aaa but Mareep event in GO is starting in 2.5 hours (USA)!  This is much like the other "community days", but mareep might be even rarer than dratini.  Even if you can't get to a park or something, it's still worth booting up the app to get a few!  And if you do get enough for Amphoros, I'm sure it has an exclusive move again.

I'm late for something else, but have something my housemate made!  He asked what my favorite pokemon was, and I was feeling disillusioned with Tauros at that moment.

(Venusaurs aren't as cute.  Bayleefs look dumb after they evolve to Meganium too. Not to mention Dragonite...)
Imma hang it on my wall!
She/they

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: April 16, 2018, 10:01:37 am »

This was a... difficult Community Day for me, hah.
We had a major ice storm this weekend that knocked out power in the whole area, so I wasn't sure I'd even be able to go out for it. Luckily(?) it turned to regular pouring rain a couple hours before the event started and the temperature increased to just above freezing. Though the wind was still strong and blowing chunks of ice off the trees like hail...

So yeah I spent 2.5 hours wandering around on foot in those conditions, of course!

In the end caught about 90 Mareep, including a single shiny that just so happens to have 93% IVs. Evolved him and one other into Ampharos with Dragon Pulse.

They were all weather-boosted by the rain, too. What more can you ask for? :P

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:05 pm »

Whereas I was forced to use incense to get any mareeps since I was stuck out in the boonies during the event where pokemon do not tread.  I did manage to at least get the last 3 I needed for an ampharos, so that was nice.  I had to use 2 incenses for it, but what else was I going to use them for?

Now if only I could find a gym with a raid going so I could complete the mew related research project needing two raid battles.  Been sitting on that step for like two weeks since there's only one gym within a mile and I've only seen one raid going and that was while I was at work and couldn't get to it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: May 28, 2018, 02:32:54 am »

Kudos to both of you for dealing with these unbalanced mechanics :/  I'm legit sorry.

I didn't make an announcement for the charizard event, because fire starter worst starter /meme
I almost didn't go because of RL shit but managed to catch about an hour of it

Much more importantly, though:
WALK
4X, QUADRUPLE candy for walking your buddy!
That's a lot of wailmer/ralts/pidgey candy!
And the current boxes give super incubators.  I'm... going to try to get a ultra box.  I even signed up for Google Surveys finally, like my dad; he gets like $2 a day or something in Google credit, and feeds it all in to this game.

I just want to buy an ultra box while they're still up, because I like walking and it's a super good deal for super incubators.  As in, the price per super incubator is 104.  They're 200 each otherwise - and that's literally ignoring the 15 lucky eggs and 8 premium raid passes.
And the 15 lures I might literally just throw away because what a useless mechanic.

So yeah, doing surveys and fighting hard for 8 hours of gym time today and the next few days.

Dunno about yous, but I tend to back off when I have most of my 50 coins of the day...  Unless there's a blissey.
This gym is right next to a residential area, see, with about 30 players who share it.
Most of us throw in weird random stuff.  I usually put in blastoise, since it's a firestation, but now I'm favoring milotic.  Since I have one~

But if I see a Blissey?
Fuck off.  I am the fairy gym leader, don't even question my Clefairy squad, and fuck off with that optimal nonsense.  We all know the gym will get converted whenever anyone wants, make it fun instead of a slogfest.  Put in the crazy shit.  I've only seen one gardevoir ever.

Blissey isn't even fairy, of course, because....
Edit: Spams 5-machamp team to clear the tryhard
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 02:35:10 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: May 28, 2018, 06:49:56 am »

Heh, I'm that guy. Sorry!

I have a 2810 CP Blissey named Lucky that is pretty much the only thing I leave in gyms. "Lucky" because that's Chansey's Japanese name (obvs) but more importantly because it was the first Chansey I ever got, and I hatched it from an egg during a double candy event about a week before gen II was launched.

For context, I live in a fairly small town which at the time had 3 gyms in it. There were, I'd say, about 20 players generally on the gym scene, and I was Team Instinct.

Not just on Team Instinct. I was Team Instinct, singlehandedly. Just me. And this was before the gym rework.
So sorry but not sorry for using every possible advantage I could get my underleveled, semi-rural hands on. :P

These days the situation's much better, of course, and there's actually 3-4 other Instinct players and 4(!) gyms in town now. But I still use Lucky, mainly because I still play exclusively on foot (rare around here) and the nearest gym is a full kilometre away so I generally only take one gym per day and have to make it count. She's also become a bit of my trademark, ha.

If it's any better, when I do end up taking a second gym I usually leave my 2384 CP 98% Crobat (named Diaemus) so everyone can admire how pretty my bat is.

(By the way, 103 Charmanders on community day and 0 shiny. Go figure the one shiny I was most interested in was the one I got screwed by probability on...)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: May 28, 2018, 01:54:38 pm »

The thing I hate about shinies in Pokemon Go is that I usually find one when I'm trying to farm candies to evolve something, and I don't want to have to farm even more candies to evolve the shiny to its full form.  As an example, I did find a shiny charmander, but only after I'd amassed about 80 charmander candies + a charmeleon (I had most of this from before community day).  If I wanted to evolve the shiny, I'd have to catch 8-9 extra charmanders to evolve it into a charmeleon, and then into a charizard.

Same thing happened with dratini on dratini day.

I guess it's probably pretty easy, comparatively, to find that many extra charmanders if you have time to look during that 3 hour window of increased spawns, but I didn't really have time, so I just fed my shiny charmander to the candy factory.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 424 425 [426] 427 428 ... 463