Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673971 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5925 on: January 25, 2017, 08:12:11 pm »

Has anyone tried sending a Hyper Trained Pokemon back to a previous generation? Do they lose the effects of Hyper Training? Or is it blocked entirely?
AFAIK you can't send Pokémon back to previous generations; the only games I recall allowing it were Gen 1 and Gen 2, and even then, it was heavily restricted. As far as I'm aware, new mechanics and hidden values added to each successive game make backwards compatibility impossible--heck, the way a Pokémon's sex was calculated in Gen 2 had the unfortunate implication of female Pokémon never being able to have the max Attack IV, because that particular number was the value that determined their sex, as adding any values not present in Gen 1 would either make backwards compatibility impossible or cause Pokémon to get sex changes from being swapped back and forth.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: January 25, 2017, 08:46:55 pm »

What new stuff is added though? ORAS had moves you couldn't send back to XY and had ribbons that XY had to deal with. Only thing I can think of is region of origin... no idea if the gen 6 games have a catch-all "unknown region" thing when you feed them a pokemon from a region that didn't exist yet.

I'm also curious to know if it's possible.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5927 on: January 25, 2017, 08:56:46 pm »

Hyper Training data is definitely one. Not sure about region origin, as it very likely would use the same one they use for event distribution Pokemon.

If they can't go back a version, I'll probably just raise up one of the babies I've got sitting around. Damn, that means I'll probably have to go catch another set of perfect IV Dittoes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: January 25, 2017, 08:58:27 pm »

WHY THE FUCK DID NO ONE TELL ME THAT THERE IS A SWORD!?

I got a Honedge in wonder trade. It's now part of my party, despite having a Japanese name that I can't read and starting at level 1.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: January 25, 2017, 09:27:11 pm »

Honedge's final evolution, Aegislash, is pretty competitive from what I've seen.

Check its IVs, I got a Lv1. Japanese Gible from a trade with great-but-not-perfect IVs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: January 25, 2017, 09:29:05 pm »

Hyper Training data is definitely one.
Good point.

Edit: Also, there's a new pokeball now, isn't there. The gen 6 games might have a failsafe for that and just have your pokemon appear in a regular ball... but I can't imagine they'd have any way to preserve the hyper training, so I guess you can't move them back.

Can you still move them between the gen 6 games? I'd imagine so. I'll probably have to farm some ORAS legendaries for GTS fodder...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 09:55:18 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: January 25, 2017, 11:40:09 pm »

Update on illusion, seems it's only gone on z moves.  That seems fair. :P

Also for some reason I brought over a contrary Superior, and bred it for contrary snivys but it seems they are all marked illegal.  I can't do anything with them.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: January 26, 2017, 06:38:30 am »

I just moved over a Mawile and Meloetta. Haven't played it yet, but opening Pokemon Bank with SuMo gives you a Mewnium Z, which gives turns Mew's Psychic into Genesis Supernova, easily one of the most badass-named moves in existence which has a power of 185 and creates Psychic Terrain.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: January 26, 2017, 12:53:10 pm »

Just a warning to breeders.  Totodile line, snivy line, and piplup line, are being falsely flagged as illegal online if they have their hidden ability.  Reddit speculates that this extends to all pokemon obtainable through qr code and not just the starters.

One work friend claims to have been banned from GTS and battle spot because of having one up on gts.  Be warned.  From the looks of reddit it looks like torrent and protean greninjas might also be getting flagged as illegal but I don't see as many reports of that as I would expect.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:56:17 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: January 27, 2017, 05:57:44 pm »

Interesting tidbit, when using a non-unique Z-Move(at least, Primarina's doesn't do this, though Alolan Raichu's does), the user's eye blink animation freezes, so they maintain the same facial expression throughout the move. I had Meloetta run over a wild Pokemon using Breakneck Blitz with the closest thing that Meloetta can achieve to an angry-face because her face froze mid-blink.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: January 27, 2017, 09:07:10 pm »

@Akura, that be some major thought provokes there. Can't say I agree or disagree but you certainly made me curious. And as a subsequent result:
I need to stop lore-diving in pokemon, especially as my Game-fan theory after sun and moon may make a fan-comic actually hold a lot of weight:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think 'bout dat 4r a while...
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: January 28, 2017, 07:26:21 pm »

Did an Elite 4 run with a Lv.1 Mawile I finished EV-training, with Plumeria as the title defense match. With the boosts from different OT and Lucky Egg(no Affection bonus), and relying solely on EXP Share gains, Mawile went from Lv.1 to Lv.51.

Spoiler: Odd, but (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: January 28, 2017, 08:15:01 pm »

Honedge's final evolution, Aegislash, is pretty competitive from what I've seen.

Check its IVs, I got a Lv1. Japanese Gible from a trade with great-but-not-perfect IVs.
Both its final form and second form are really powerful choices.

I personally think the second evolution is stronger than the final. Especially with eviolite.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: January 28, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »

Aegislash is bonkers, especially if you have 0 speed IV and a -speed nature. You can use alternate between powerful attack like Gyro Ball and using King's Shield, which changes you back into shield form with priority. Generally, you'll never be taking an attack while in blade form. Thus, you effectively have base 150 defenses and attack/spatk, which is absolutely nuts.

E: Doublade has only 110 attack and 45 spatk vs Blade Aegislash's 150. Eviolite Doublade does, however, have higher defense than a similarly invested Aegislash, but even a fully invested SpD eviolite Doublade will be about the same as a 0 SpD IV, 0 EV, neutral nature Aegislash. And then the Aegislash gets to hold an item, which is huge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:42:30 pm by RedWarrior0 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: January 28, 2017, 08:35:40 pm »

Honedge I think is also one of the few pokemon that is competitive before its final evolution with Eviolite... I think?

I only know, off the top of my head, of two candidates.

And that is ignoring Pikachu... Who seriously should just become a Legendary Pokémon at this point... You KNOW they want to. Heck they have even gone as far as to create Pikachu clones.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 463