Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673480 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5700 on: December 05, 2016, 06:45:23 pm »

So, this is extremely random, but does anyone here nickname their Pokemon with regular people names? Like... George? Richard? Fitzgerald?

Just wondering if I'm the only one.
Hmm, sometimes. I'm a little too fond of dumb puns though >_>

Anyone know what Isle Avue's function is? I put some pokemon in the hot spring but I can't tell what effects, if any, it's having.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: December 05, 2016, 06:50:22 pm »

So, this is extremely random, but does anyone here nickname their Pokemon with regular people names? Like... George? Richard? Fitzgerald?

Clearly you are the only one. :P

Really only person I know who nicknames their pokes uses some bizzare naming scheme from an old game called Lapucelle tactics. The naming system was essentially a monster type like bird or shroom or bug with an unrelated word. So if you ever get wonder traded a pikapek named something like Bird Day, or a salandit named Liz Lunch. Now you know where it came from.

@Sirus it increases happiness.  It also slowly hatches eggs placed there.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:53:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53:05 pm »

Ooh, that's a neat bit of trivia.  I played a little La Pucelle Tactics, but not nearly as much as the very similar game Disgaea (somewhat more popular, I think :P).  Disgaea 1 actually had the heroine of La Pucelle as a cameo!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: December 05, 2016, 06:56:16 pm »

@ Greiger: Okay, are you talking about friendliness (for evolving things like Munchlax), affection (the stuff you boost in Refresh), or something else entirely?

Egg hatching is super useful at least. No more running around with an understrength team!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: December 05, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »

Friendliness.  The munchlax one. The egg hatching is indeed useful.  It is pretty slow though.  A bagon egg taking something like 2 or 3 days. 

Time is probably halved if you throw some beans in there but I haven't tested that.   If I need to hatch something in a hurry I just put it in my party and do doughnuts on a tauros for 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:01:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: December 05, 2016, 07:06:50 pm »

Toxapex is gonna be a real shitler on stall teams.  Smogstar.

And apparently Dark types are immune to prankster moves now?
Shoes...

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: December 05, 2016, 07:13:28 pm »

I nickname all my mons, without exception. Don't really restrict myself to any sort of naming scheme, either... Person names, pet names, mythology or random nouns. My current team has a Carmen, Shinzan, Ingward and Kipper.

Means I occasionally just roll with the first thing that pops into my head when I don't care that much, resulting in stuff like Dan the Magnemite and Melon the Voltorb. :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: December 05, 2016, 07:15:38 pm »

I usually nickname my pokemon just noises.  I'll pull out my DS later and remember what some of them are.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: December 05, 2016, 07:24:40 pm »

Ooh, that's a neat bit of trivia.  I played a little La Pucelle Tactics, but not nearly as much as the very similar game Disgaea (somewhat more popular, I think :P).  Disgaea 1 actually had the heroine of La Pucelle as a cameo!

It is more then that. It gives away the canon ending of La Pucile.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: December 05, 2016, 07:25:24 pm »

I nickname my Mons the first stupid thing that pops in my head when I get to the nickname screen. So I have Nard Munch the Pidgey, Redados the (shiny) Gyarados, Spooper the Bellsprout, and Dingus the Cyndaquil.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: December 05, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

I've nicknamed about half a dozen of my Pokemon Go mons. 
Wilson: My starter bulbasaur (The movie Castaway... though that's kinda an in-joke). 
Pidgin: A Pidgeot named after the old open-source IM client.  I really like the pidgey line, too bad they're bad.
ClefairyDoz: A Clefairy which took 12 balls
Tycho:  My first Flareon (yes it's Marathon all the way down)
Tavros: My first Tauros, and my buddy for a while even though Tauros isn't great

Naturally, none of them have top-tier EVs, but by chance they're mostly alright.  And EVs don't matter all that much anyway (the main thing is "is it vaporeon y/n" (I'm salty))

It is more then that. It gives away the canon ending of La Pucile.
Hehe... awesome.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: December 05, 2016, 07:43:56 pm »

Friendliness.  The munchlax one. The egg hatching is indeed useful.  It is pretty slow though.  A bagon egg taking something like 2 or 3 days. 

Time is probably halved if you throw some beans in there but I haven't tested that.   If I need to hatch something in a hurry I just put it in my party and do doughnuts on a tauros for 5 minutes.
Ah, that is indeed useful. Far more so than increasing affection, which Refresh does quite well enough already :P

True, you can hatch an egg faster by keeping it in your party. On the other hand, you can probably stuff 18 eggs at a time into Isle Avue once it's fully upgraded, and can progress with the story or take island trials while you do so.

ETA: Speaking of dumb Pokemon names...
Just caught my first Mimikyu. It was a pain to catch, burning through my entire stock of Luxury Balls (half a dozen) and this Friend Ball that Oak gave me. I named it....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:19:30 pm by Sirus »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: December 05, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »

I wonder, will the Ultra Beasts be capturable at some point?

Then that's an even stronger case about how completely unobvious it is and easy to miss.

I found it the first time I was in the city. Unless there are shops that don't appear until the endgame content, then it's mostly all available. There's one spot used for parading your Ride Pokemon, but I assume everything else is shoppable right from the get go, even the Orb shop.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: December 06, 2016, 12:24:41 am »

Going on the Pokemon-Nicnames topic, Oh heavens yes I nicname my pokemon! And i always try to find the right name before catching the Pokemon.
since i name almost all my pokemon i'll just point out a few of my unconventional names.
Valentine - CHarizard (based on a dream about a dragon I bonded with, dragon looked the Charizard had a baby with DBZ's dragon and was "hatched" on Valentine's)
Reign - Kyogre (chosen back during DPPt days, I acquired a Quiet SPATK-31 Kyorge in Sapphire, named it Reign as a Play on words "Slow Reign of terror//Rain of Terror" Drizzle ability+raw power&no speed)
Bowen - Gallade (really a random name I heard in a tv show and liked, for some reason I thought it fit my Gallade)
Renée - Gardevoir (Another Random choice, but this time going with a Feminine name that doesn't have a feminine Meaning.)

That Mall...Seriously I'm pretty much near the end of the Island Challenge and it was so unseeable a mall, that I didn't find it until someone pointed it out in a video on Youtube!

And about the plot of SuMo:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:11:53 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: December 06, 2016, 03:24:45 am »

A lot of my names are three or four letters, a nonsense syllable that may or may not be evocative of the pokemon.

My Grumpig is PEG.  My Drifblim is BEB.  Zebstrika is KANG. etc.

Other times they have funny names I've heard somewhere or are a reference or are just something I think sounds funny.  My Lopunny is FIGHT BUNE, my Dragalge is SAND SKANK, my Magnezone is JERRY HELLO.

The last one is because he's a magnet trapper with specs.  I lead Lopunny, he switches to his rocky helmet skarmory expecting the Fake Out but it's actually JERRY.  HELLO.

All nicknames are in all caps.  No exceptions.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 463