Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673885 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5370 on: October 01, 2016, 06:12:58 pm »

Keldeo is available for download.

Does anyone know the stat differences between Ordinary and Resolute Forms?

Also, avoid going to Bulbapedia, now their advertisements include random redirects to possible malware sites.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: October 01, 2016, 09:54:14 pm »

It's purely cosmetic.

Also Sacred Sword is 90 power, physical and ignores stat boosts.

Secret Sword is 85 power and does physical damage but is a special move (like psyshock).

This makes it sound like Sacred Sword is so much better (and it kinda is) but Keldeo's special attack is so much higher than its attack so it's better off with Secret Sword.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: October 03, 2016, 06:53:23 am »

Got my pre-order in for Sun and Moon yesterday(along with a pre-owned copy of Ocarina of Time DS-remake :D). Was cheaper than expected, about $30 each, minus the money down for the pre-order($5 each). The clerk mentioned he's required to ask everyone who pre-orders if they're a Pokemon fan, and say he is too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: October 03, 2016, 07:33:41 am »

I forgot to post the Darkrai event, but a second-chance North America Hoopa event is running with the universal serial code 2016HOOPA, if you missed the Gamestop distribution.  Also, most European countries should be able to pick up Volcanion with a serial code available at whichever local stores Nintendo prefers, so they aren't feeling left-out; North America shall be waiting until the 10th.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: October 03, 2016, 12:19:21 pm »

Got my pre-order in for Sun and Moon yesterday(along with a pre-owned copy of Ocarina of Time DS-remake :D). Was cheaper than expected, about $30 each, minus the money down for the pre-order($5 each). The clerk mentioned he's required to ask everyone who pre-orders if they're a Pokemon fan, and say he is too.
Oh hey, pre-order buddy!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: October 03, 2016, 12:37:32 pm »

It's purely cosmetic.

Secret Sword is 85 power and does physical damage but is a special move (like psyshock).

This makes it sound like Sacred Sword is so much better (and it kinda is) but Keldeo's special attack is so much higher than its attack so it's better off with Secret Sword.

I find it ironic that a move called Secret Sword has the side effect of changing Keldeo's appearance, making it completely obvious that you've given it the move literally as soon as you send Keldeo out.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: October 03, 2016, 03:41:44 pm »

It's purely cosmetic.

I find it ironic that a move called Secret Sword has the side effect of changing Keldeo's appearance, making it completely obvious that you've given it the move literally as soon as you send Keldeo out.
I think it's the opposite that's more concerning. If you see one that doesn't have the move, you're more likely to be cautious about what's going to happen.

Because why wouldn't it have its best STAB? Either you're facing a scrub or some serious mindgames.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:16 am »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ciqAkdXQ9dw

Starters First Evolution Stage revealed. Ash Greninja is in the game and can be obtained in the upcoming demo and then later transferred to the main games.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: October 04, 2016, 10:20:23 am »

Starters First Evolution Stage revealed. Ash Greninja is in the game and can be obtained in the upcoming demo and then later transferred to the main games.
Well... those evolutions are uh... I just can't imagine them turning into those cool "leaked" final evolutions that have been flying around for some time.
I mean Drawfee's guess at Rowlet's evolutions is looking pretty accurate tbh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: October 04, 2016, 04:58:00 pm »

Well... those evolutions are uh... I just can't imagine them turning into those cool "leaked" final evolutions that have been flying around for some time.
I mean Drawfee's guess at Rowlet's evolutions is looking pretty accurate tbh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Which are you thinking of? I can see some decent links between Dartrix and the robin hood design, and Brionne and the siren design. Torracat is more ambiguous, but the [website's description](http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/torracat/) talks a lot about punching, so there's a connection for the wrestler/heel. Still nothing about what secret they're supposed to share with Rockruff.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: October 04, 2016, 05:12:05 pm »

Don't tell me that this Gen's Fire-type starter evolution is going to be Fighting-type as well...

Brionne looks pretty adorable, while Dartrix's look when you pet it in the wrong spot is going to be a reaction meme - also hooray for the return of the Pokemon-amie.

The Festival Plaza looks exactly like the castle town from the F2P Pokemon Rumble World, only without Nintendo Miis.

The other thing they showed, looks like an alternate way to catch Pokemon? Possibly catching Pokemon not native to Alola? Looks like a substitute to the Day-Care as well, since Pokemon can gain levels in it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: October 04, 2016, 05:17:29 pm »

So...

Does payday create counterfeit coins? or are the coins themselves valuable?

What is odd is that the show implies that yes... they are counterfeit coins... but that for some reason they are 100% redeemable.

I am not sure if that says bad things about the Pokémon economy... or that their economy is so great that someone can flood the market with extra coins and everyone will be perfectly fine.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: October 05, 2016, 08:54:07 am »

So...

Does payday create counterfeit coins? or are the coins themselves valuable?

What is odd is that the show implies that yes... they are counterfeit coins... but that for some reason they are 100% redeemable.

I am not sure if that says bad things about the Pokémon economy... or that their economy is so great that someone can flood the market with extra coins and everyone will be perfectly fine.

My guess is that Pokemon's universe is mostly post-scarcity and that they're "nominally capitalist". They have machines that can more or less instantly heal injuries, their tech is shown frequently to be advanced enough to read and process dreams into viewable content and also to resurrect long dead pokemon from fossils; team aqua/magma has a unique environment suit much smaller than astronaut suits, which can cope quite easily with space, and many more things besides.

My other guess is "It's just a game/cartoon, shit doesn't really need to make sense".

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: October 05, 2016, 09:48:31 am »

Meowth's pokedex entries seem to imply that in the game verse at least it's just collecting loose change it comes across and hiding them somewhere until it has to use them in battle.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 463