Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673925 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: VGC MONKEYS DEAR LORD
« Reply #5340 on: September 21, 2016, 09:09:22 am »

You can just trade for it on the GTS. It usually takes seconds.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: September 21, 2016, 09:14:26 am »

You can just trade for it on the GTS. It usually takes seconds.
Thing is, if I use a Pokemon myself, I typically want to raise it myself.  Trading for Midday Lycanroc is good for the Pokedex, but if I can't raise and evolve one myself, it's kind of a crimper on using one.  It's also the reason I rarely use legendaries; Manaphy aside (and that only on a technicality; a Phione is not a Manaphy, either), I can't breed up a baby. 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: September 21, 2016, 10:05:58 am »

Then get the modded rom that will come out one day after release that will have everything.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: September 21, 2016, 10:15:12 am »

Then get the modded rom that will come out one day after release that will have everything.
Unfortunately, my piracy days were years ago.  I wasn't even aware flashcarts existed to run 3DS roms yet, computer emulation runs into portability issues, and I wasn't aware that any pirate groups were quite that quick at flashing, hacking, and releasing not just emulated, but modified versions. 

It isn't that big of a deal, though.  I was just making a brief light-hearted aside; I don't actually need to have my cake and eat it, too. 

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: September 21, 2016, 10:15:31 am »

Also I've been hearing that Evoboost Eevee is actually surprisingly powerful once you do the calculations? Not like an ubers tier thingy since Eevee's HP is still pretty low, but apparently it one shots and outspeeds most upper tier things with the right moves and ability.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:17:54 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: September 21, 2016, 10:18:58 am »

Unfortunately, my piracy days were years ago.  I wasn't even aware flashcarts existed to run 3DS roms yet, computer emulation runs into portability issues, and I wasn't aware that any pirate groups were quite that quick at flashing, hacking, and releasing not just emulated, but modified versions. 

It isn't that big of a deal, though.  I was just making a brief light-hearted aside; I don't actually need to have my cake and eat it, too. 
I'm 90% certain that 3DS flashcarts exist. Also umiman miiiight have been exaggerating the time to hack and release a new game just a touch :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: September 21, 2016, 10:54:24 am »

Also I've been hearing that Evoboost Eevee is actually surprisingly powerful once you do the calculations? Not like an ubers tier thingy since Eevee's HP is still pretty low, but apparently it one shots and outspeeds most upper tier things with the right moves and ability.
From the video it looked like it got 2x boosts to everything except HP.

That basically means it has stats of about 100 for everything or about 600 stat total. So that puts it in the upper tiers. But one shot things? I dunno... 110 attack isn't anything particularly special. 110 speed is pretty good. I guess you could give it that move that does more damage the more stat boosts you have.

Not to mention you do kinda have to use a turn on its Z-move... with a base Eevee... that will probably die... and is useless without the Z-move... and doesn't have an item like focus sash...

Probably be amazing in Little Cup though. And banned.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:54 am »

It should also be able to use an evolite (or whatever the name of that stone is that buffs not fully evolved pokes) as long as the z moves don't require a held item.  Likely buffing it's stats even more.

Though wasting your z move on making an adorable pokemon viable instead of just using a viable pokemon from the start probably isn't the most efficient strategy.

It's like making a team of baton passers solely to power up a farfetch'd.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: September 21, 2016, 11:07:19 am »

It should also be able to use an evolite (or whatever the name of that stone is that buffs not fully evolved pokes) as long as the z moves don't require a held item.  Likely buffing it's stats even more.
It's the same as Mega evolutions. The Pokemon has to hold a Z-stone if it wants to be baller.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: September 21, 2016, 11:24:04 am »

And then the bat or the lion or something will come along and say hey you know those z moves?  I can use them without taking up yer one useages of z moves per battle making me super duper op and used by everyone and their mother in cart quick battles.
and then some twilight legendary Anteater or something will come along and say, lol nubs I don't need to be holding anything to use my z move.

And then people will wonder how the rules even work.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:42 am »

And then the bat or the lion or something will come along and say hey you know those z moves?  I can use them without taking up yer one useages of z moves per battle making me super duper op and used by everyone and their mother in cart quick battles.
and then some twilight legendary Anteater or something will come along and say, lol nubs I don't need to be holding anything to use my z move.

And then people will wonder how the rules even work.
By making up an even less rules tier than the one they made for OPquaza? :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: September 21, 2016, 01:31:57 pm »

This is our future:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It was inevitable
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: September 21, 2016, 05:23:44 pm »

Ew, get that digicrap to its own thread.

and people say that Pokemon have lazy names and designs, good grief
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: September 21, 2016, 05:24:29 pm »

I distinctly remember from the anime that the one labeled Blackgreymon was called BlackWargreymon.

But it's been well over a decade since I've even seen the Digimon anime :-\.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 463