Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673959 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Generations animated shorts announced!
« Reply #5310 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:49 am »

The Pokemon anime is an integral part of the experience for me, but only for the first season or two. It's what introduced me to the series, and still holds some pretty fond memories.

The Origins OVA was pretty awesome, I hope Generations is as good.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: September 14, 2016, 05:49:46 pm »

If you hacked a pokémon game so the pokémon wouldn't level up from combat, would they be winnable? What would be biggest walls and what pokémon and strategies could be used to pass them?
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:34 pm »

There's a point where type advantages don't matter, you just get instantly destroyed in the first turn by whatever comes your way. Some TAS-level RNG manipulation could theoretically make it so that enemies whiff every attack, but then your mons only have so much PP for moves.

Then there's the fact that almost every mon sucks when you first get it. Their most important moves are usually learned via evolution or levelling up.

You can catch higher-level Pokemon, so I suppose you could slowly work your way up to having higher-level Pokemon just by catching the next thing that's slightly stronger than your crew. That's hardly a way to beat the game though.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06:33 pm »

Gamefaqs tends to have low-level guides for RPGs, especially old ones, but I'm not seeing any for Pokemon Red.  There's a speedrun guide though which is probably functionally similar:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/367023-pokemon-red-version/faqs/35507

She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: September 14, 2016, 07:19:10 pm »

Considering Pokemon speedruns usually revolve around overlevelling the shit out of your starter and beating everyone up with it, I'm not sure it's appropriate... (also that guide is over a decade old!)

I do think this exact scenario plays out in one of the gen 5 games on emulator, Nintendo's DRM of sorts involved you not getting XP if you tried to emulate the game.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: September 14, 2016, 08:02:19 pm »

Sure enough... no more Pokemon Go for me... unless I factory reset my phone.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: September 14, 2016, 08:06:51 pm »

There's a point where type advantages don't matter, you just get instantly destroyed in the first turn by whatever comes your way. Some TAS-level RNG manipulation could theoretically make it so that enemies whiff every attack, but then your mons only have so much PP for moves.

Then there's the fact that almost every mon sucks when you first get it. Their most important moves are usually learned via evolution or levelling up.

You can catch higher-level Pokemon, so I suppose you could slowly work your way up to having higher-level Pokemon just by catching the next thing that's slightly stronger than your crew. That's hardly a way to beat the game though.

Couldn't you cheese it with a team of FEAR ratattas or something?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:22 pm »

IIRC somebody beat the Elite Four using a Lv. 1 Roggenrola (Sturdy), a Rocky Helmet (counter damage), and 200+ potions.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: September 14, 2016, 08:11:48 pm »

Couldn't you cheese it with a team of FEAR ratattas or something?

You'd need a lot of focus sashes, but the might be viable for clearing out some of the tougher stuff.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: September 14, 2016, 08:14:57 pm »

What's a FEAR Rattatta? How would it be feasible for low-level runs?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: September 14, 2016, 08:38:35 pm »

A low-level rattatta with a focus sash, endeavor, and quick attack. Opponent goes first, reduces it to 1 HP (it gets saved by the focus sash), it uses endeavor to reduce the opponent to 1 HP, then quick attacks next turn.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: September 14, 2016, 08:57:15 pm »

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:F.E.A.R.

Whisperling explained it as well, but there are some more FEARsome variants out there other than Rattatta.

I've gotten hit by a FEAR Furfrou before. I totally wasn't expecting it and didn't even notice it was level 1 until it was too late.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: September 14, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

IIRC somebody beat the Elite Four using a Lv. 1 Roggenrola (Sturdy), a Rocky Helmet (counter damage), and 200+ potions.
Does the E4's entire moveset not contain a single multi-hit attack?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Feast on your nostalgia in Pokemon Generations!
« Reply #5324 on: September 14, 2016, 10:39:02 pm »

I actually really like Lugarugan. I've always been a big fan of werewolves, and I'm glad they went both routes in terms of regular wolf and gnarly wolfman. I think I like the day form better, but it's going to be hard to choose... (as if I won't get both)

For Pokémon Go, the buddy update is actually taking forever to appear. Some people have had it on Android since Saturday, but I'm among the people who still haven't had it show up in the play store. Nobody has it on iOS either. Guess I could download the APK, but... :-\

I've also been really looking forward to the Go Plus release due to the fact that my hand issues mean I can't hold my phone for long periods without intense pain. Being able to wear a bit of plastic on my wrist and just push the button to grab Pokéstops and common Pokémon instead of pulling out my phone will be a godsend.
The $45 price tag really stings, though... :/ I was really hoping they'd be including some free in-game coins or something with it to justify the price, because it's truly ridiculous for what it is. Not seeing any sign of that being the case though.

I'll probably buy it anyway because I like this game and dislike pain but it still doesn't really feel right.

Out of nowhere speculation here: I'm betting the starters will also have day and night exclusive forms.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 463