Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 674030 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile

I made a funny.

Spoiler: Sand Wars (click to show/hide)

It is of masterwork standard quality.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

Should've been a picture of a Hippowdown, Tyranitar, Excadrill team.

Just broke 1400 in OU.  Dunno man.  The farther I go the more stally the teams I go against become.  Thankfully that Slaking team stallbreaks really hard, by mid-game when people are starting to feel the residual from stealth rocks Harambe can one-shot anything that isn't a steel-type.  One-shotting mega-slowbro with a neutral physical attack is like.

I still hate that fucking playstyle.  People say it takes skill and prediction but I've watched stall vs stall, there's definitely no skill needed there since any advantages gained are so incremental they basically don't matter.  You can make ten mistakes in a row and barely shift the balance at all.

Maybe against hard offense teams it takes skill, where people carry redundant threats and missing a prediction can lose you a lynchpin wall, but
Shoes...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

New pokemon revealed, Turtonator. Fire/Dragon. It's special attack Shell Trap causes the opponent to get hit by a much stronger explosion of damage if they hit Turtonator with a physical attack in the same turn.

Spoiler: Website Bio (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:32:03 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Well, that was hideous.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

Mata Mata looks fine, the pokemon created in his image is terrible.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

literally a digimon

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

When they said an explosive dragon was going to show up, I was expecting this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

And lol for Vaniluxe rejoiced, no longer was he hated. For all had seen the mustached turtle abomination and in it the error of their ways.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I... I don't mind it. :( It's certainly better than the ice cream IMO.

It is a little bit of a wasted opportunity though. The face is nowhere near as goofy and cute as a real mata mata.

Still. Ambush explode turtle is pretty good. It is a bit Monster-Hunter-ish in concept if not actual design.

literally a digimon
Not enough belts to be a Digimon.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I don't really have any major problems with it. I kinda like how tropical it is and how its colors look kinda flowery, and I like the Mata Mata theme. The only thing that I dislike is how its back faces the viewer so it looks extra odd in all its images.
It's FEF, not FEOF

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I'm surprised it's not rock / dragon actually. That would be quite interesting.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does it evolve from Torkoal? It seems they have similarities; both are fire turtles, both eat minerals(Torkoal eats coal, Turtonator eats sulfur), both are encountered around volcanoes.

If I catch one, I will name it Bowser, and it will be King of the Koopas. Now that I think about it, there's a turtle Pokemon for each of the colors of the Koopa Troopas from Super Mario World, right? Squirtle is blue, Torkoal is red, Torterra is green while Grotle's shell is yellow.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile

In areas around volcanic craters, this Pokémon camouflages itself as a rock and waits for prey. At the moment when its prey steps onto the back of its shell, Turtonator strikes its shell with its own tail, triggering an explosion!
[/quote]

I wonder what are the odds that its the new voltorb/foongus?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

It doesn't look that overwrought to me.

I'm still wondering about Gumshoos, aside from the Donald Trump thing.  Can't decide if that ability will be good or bad.  It could work as a pseudo shadow tag if his stats are good enough.  Maybe Return/Fire Punch/Earthquake/Giga-impact.  Return hits almost everything neutrally and fire punch and earthquake will nuke any steel/rock types that try to come in on a return, and giga impact because kek

Depends on the stats though.  And I'm not sure I'm ready for the wine in front of me of trying to decide whether to go for return or a coverage move when i do double damage if he switches out.

I think Alola Marowak will be good, again depending on the stats.  Three immunities, including will-o-wisp and thunder wave.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 463