Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 673060 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Augmented Reality Edition!
« Reply #4290 on: September 10, 2015, 03:09:45 pm »

I'd second HeartGold/SoulSilver or Platinum as well. Not so fond of Black/White or B2/W2.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: September 10, 2015, 03:33:45 pm »

I can't say I understand the Platinum recommendations (or the advisory against B2/W2) but I totally third HG/SS.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: September 10, 2015, 03:36:43 pm »

Gen V is great. Really great. But the de-rec is probably because as a direct sequel B2/W2 loses a bit of the experience if you haven't played B/W before it. Also the memory link transfer thing
It's FEF, not FEOF

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: September 10, 2015, 04:05:20 pm »

That makes sense. I never played B/W, but B2/W2 wasn't my first pokemon game, either...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans:
« Reply #4294 on: September 10, 2015, 04:14:17 pm »

New Android/IOS game announced called Pokemon Go. Basically Pokemon AR game.

Edit @ 07:04: The new project is in conjunction with Nintendo. It utilises smartphones and seems to feature capturing and battling of Pokémon
Edit @ 07:07: Project is called Pokémon Go. Will be releaed on iOS and Android in 2016 in collaboration with Niantic, a startup from Google that became independent.
Edit @ 07:18: Go around and use the Augmented Reality to find various Pokémon in various areas. Meet up for various small fests for battling and so forth.
Edit @ 07:20: Junichi Masuda is assisting in creating locations, music and so forth.
Edit @ 07:21: Pokémon Go will link to the main games in some way
Edit @ 07:24: Pokémon Go comes with a device you can attach to your wrist. It's called Pokémon Go Plus which connects via bluetooth and notifies the player of any nearby Pokémon

Summon monsters with your cell phone.  Capture monsters with your cell phone.  It's like some crossover between Pokémon and Shin Megami Tensei. 

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: September 10, 2015, 05:38:58 pm »

I am posting to watch because that Pokemon Go stuff sounds cool as heck, especially since it's being done by Niantic, probably the best possible company to pick it up.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: September 10, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

I can't say I understand the Platinum recommendations (or the advisory against B2/W2) but I totally third HG/SS.
I recommended Platinum because the Gen IV originals were pretty solid games and Platinum is better than either, being the updated rerelease and all. Might be a little tougher to find than Diamond or Pearl though. The main reason I recommended Gen IV as a starting point for somebody with presumably just a plain old DS was because Gen V has the whole "complete reboot" schtick going on and being pretty divergent from formula; [the ending of BW is less of a twist if you play it before any of the others, since you didn't have expectations as to how it will end yet].
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans:
« Reply #4297 on: September 10, 2015, 09:26:26 pm »

New Android/IOS game announced called Pokemon Go. Basically Pokemon AR game.

Summon monsters with your cell phone.  Capture monsters with your cell phone.  It's like some crossover between Pokémon and Shin Megami Tensei.

Or, y'know, Keitai Denju Telefang... (Also known as the first Pokémon Diamond...  :P)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: September 11, 2015, 01:55:20 am »

I'm already had to get myself a smartphone, this just makes it a much sweeter prospect.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: September 11, 2015, 02:32:13 am »

Hey guys which Pokemon game is the most valuable it terms of coming in touch with the specifics of the series? Unfortunately, I can't afford a 3DS with the game for it at the moment and I think it'd be great to find out if I'm going to like Pokemon games before the buying.

If you have an... *ahem* flash cart, go grab Blaze Black 2 and Volt White 2. Being able to capture all the mons and also fight competent enemies throughout changes your entire perspective of pokemon forever.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: September 11, 2015, 07:55:28 am »

If you have a flashcart you might aswell just get both hg/ss and the romhacks too. Then you get both how the games usualy are, and how people change the trainers in one object.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:03 am »

I think recommending blaze black or volt white to a newbie is a bit overwhelming for them, heh. I know some friends who find even normal Pokemon white to be too difficult. Not surprising as when I played Y after so many years of not playing, I had no clue what was going on most of the time.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: September 11, 2015, 04:44:40 pm »

Starting on a "perspective changer" is probably a spectacularly bad idea. It'd be like getting into a film or TV series via tie-in novels, or Lord of the Rings after reading legolas by laura.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: September 11, 2015, 11:59:55 pm »

But legolas by laura is amazing! Better than the novels in my opinion. More seriously, could probably start with any game in the series I started with Diamond but before that I had played a friend's copy of Sapphire. I'd say either start with Platnium or get Sapphire or Ruby.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: September 12, 2015, 12:57:12 am »

New Coro Coro Scans are out.

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed some further details about Zygarde. Zygarde can take many forms. Normal Zygarde is at 50% and is called Zygarde 50% Forme. The dog like form is when it is at 10% and is called Zygarde 10% Forme. It has sharp teeth and speed. The blob is the cell, or Zygarde Core and becomes the brain of every form. The flat form is called Zygarde Cell. New large form is called Zygarde Perfect Forme and retains its Dragon/Ground-type. It is the Order Pokémon and is 4.5m tall and 610kg and is said to exceed Xerneas and Yveltal in power. The new Anime series called Pokémon XY & Z is to come with Mega Evolution Act 4 starting on October 29th. It also reveals a new look for Greninja, labelling it "Ash Greninja". The magazine mentions that it looks sort of like Ash's clothes
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 463