Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672767 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: *Trumpets*
« Reply #3930 on: December 05, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »

What I have always failed to understand about shinies is the way some of them look badass (black Charizard is the classic example) while some of them become LESS cool when their color scheme changes.

You have a 1 in 4000 chance of getting one, it ought to look epic.

I suppose which colors are cool is all a matter of opinion...  but how many people want a hot pink Crobat? Honestly.

It has to do really with Effort most of the time. They will sometimes just make them green if they can't think of anything.

There is a website dedicated to the color choices of the shiny pokemon but I forget the name.

My Snorlax is unique in that just by looking you can't tell if they are shiny or not.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: December 05, 2014, 03:50:40 pm »

My least favorite shiny is Flareon.

It looks like it's wet or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: December 05, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »

What I have always failed to understand about shinies is the way some of them look badass (black Charizard is the classic example) while some of them become LESS cool when their color scheme changes.

You have a 1 in 4000 chance of getting one, it ought to look epic.

I suppose which colors are cool is all a matter of opinion...  but how many people want a hot pink Crobat? Honestly.
Pink crobat was my first shiny and I love him. He's so badass.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3933 on: December 05, 2014, 05:32:07 pm »

Shade shift shinys are always disappointing, but there was one set that always intrigued me.

The Garchomp family. Gible is the most different of family, with a different color of blue and a completely different under-belly. As it evolves, it sort of loses its difference from the normal appearance. Gabite is a darker shade of blue than the normal, but it's underbelly is almost identical. Finally, Garchomp is just a greyed out color set compared to normal Garchomp. This weird shiny situation was rectified with its mega-evolution, where it was tinted pink. Overall, it's just weird.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:09 pm »

M-Gallade in action.

I've fought and used him about 20 - 30 times now. I think it's okay-ish but not as good as Mega Lopunny. The biggest thing he's got going for him is that he goes from a slow-ass worthless pile of refuse to surprisingly good.

His stat gain from the megavolution is great but he still has really crappy STABs. Just like Beedrill actually.

If I were to rank him as a megavolution, he'd be significantly better than M-Scizor. Slightly better than M-Heracross. Around the same level as M-Gyarados or M-Venusaur.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:11 pm »

*checks out cast-form*

Huh, I am a bit surprised they didn't give him a buff of some sort in this game, such as unique to it tutor moves that give it an attack that also changes the weather.

Given that Castform is basically the pokemon of weather and one of the major thematic pokemon of the Saphire and Ruby era.

Part of me wants to see if they could make Castform work as a high end pokemon.

Mind you I guess Castform is more accurately a pokemon they added to the game to allow the player to test out the new weather mechanic. Given it learns all the weather moves through level up.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:51:07 pm by Neonivek »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3936 on: December 06, 2014, 02:25:31 pm »

I am personally surprised they didn't give it a mega. They could have made it so that when it mega evolved it changed from an adaptive Pokemon that changes with the weather to one that changes the weather. Its form would depend on the weather condition when it mega evolved and would gain the ability that causes that weather.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3937 on: December 06, 2014, 07:32:40 pm »

It already changes the weather. I also doubt that they'd give a single Pokemon 4+ mega evolutions.

Side-note, I have no idea what to make my Casually-Competitive team. I've got a M-Gardevoir and the Crap-tackular Shiny Tentcruel I mentioned a few posts ago. No idea what else to add to it.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: December 06, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »

Something not weak to earthquake.

Something good at punching things very hard.

Something good at taking punches very hard (the physical kind).

Something with prankster.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3939 on: December 06, 2014, 08:35:46 pm »

So, very quickly (As in, less than 10 minutes.) scrapping together a team based off of that:
Normal Lati@s (Levitate)
Breloom
Skarmory
Normal Sableye

Also, half way through making this list I just remembered I have a Jirachi with Draco Meteor from the old HG/SS event. Decent even stats while also being extremely unique.

Alright, what are the glaring flaws with this setup?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: December 06, 2014, 08:36:16 pm »

After discovering that showdown has a triple battles format (why did I not see this earlier) I finally decided to try some battles. I was a little worried at fighting the actual pros on showdown instead of the semi-casual players from cartridge ranked battles.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogontriples-190267072

I don't seem to be doing half bad

@Mageziya Rhyperior seems to be very good at taking hits, especially if you have the sun up to weaken water, and an assault vest. I've been seeing a lot more people using them lately too, may be worth a shot.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: December 06, 2014, 08:41:33 pm »

Ok here is a silly question.

What is the point to Zygarde's ability? It cancels out Auras... but only two pokemon have auras (ignoring Aura sphere) and those are only SOMEWHAT useful in team battle.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #3942 on: December 06, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »

It's supposed to be a thematic ability, similar to how Rayquaza's ability cancels out Kyogre's and Groudon's abilities, along with how its mega cancels out the two primals' abilities. It wasn't made with the direct intent of use, it was made for symmetry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: December 07, 2014, 12:18:29 am »

So, very quickly (As in, less than 10 minutes.) scrapping together a team based off of that:
Normal Lati@s (Levitate)
Breloom
Skarmory
Normal Sableye

Also, half way through making this list I just remembered I have a Jirachi with Draco Meteor from the old HG/SS event. Decent even stats while also being extremely unique.

Alright, what are the glaring flaws with this setup?
Nothing really wrong with it. Seems good to me. Team is a bit slow with no real revenge killers but you can work around that. You might also have some problems dealing with walls as you don't really have any reliable wallbreakers. Breloom for example seems to be the only one capable of dealing against guys like Registeel or Snorlax, but even then Breloom usually requires a turn of set up before he can hurt them. I can also see guys like Jirachi or Durant wrecking you pretty hard. Might want to find a way to play around that.

Other than that just get the right moves and you should be good. For example, get whirlwind or defog on Skarmory so it can either clear off hazards or get rid of pesky baton-passed mons. Or get rapid spin on Tentacruel for hazards as well. Taunt on Sableye, etc. I think trick on Lati@s is always awesome.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: December 07, 2014, 12:31:03 am »

It's supposed to be a thematic ability, similar to how Rayquaza's ability cancels out Kyogre's and Groudon's abilities, along with how its mega cancels out the two primals' abilities. It wasn't made with the direct intent of use, it was made for symmetry.

I guess if they ever make Auras a more used gimmick it might make give him more use.

Also Rayquaza cancels out a lot of character's abilities and many moves.

While Zygarde only cancels out one move (Aura Ball, and even that is iffy as it is specifically aura abilities) and exactly two pokemon's abilities.

Though I guess I can picture them adding more Aura pokemon in the future. Possibly one for every type.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 463