Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672333 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: We Tekken now
« Reply #3675 on: September 12, 2014, 02:06:49 pm »

So... what happens when they both come out at the same time?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: September 12, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »

...that is a very good question.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: September 12, 2014, 02:39:02 pm »

So... what happens when they both come out at the same time?
Depends on how the weather lock works, but it should function like what happens back when other ability-induced weather setters are sent in at the same time: the abilities will trigger in order of speed.  If the Primal evolutions cannot override their own "weather lock" effect, then the fastest Pokemon's weather will be set and the slowest will hit the lock.  If they can override each other, then the slowest Pokemon's weather will be set.  If there's a Speed tie, the order will be handled like any other Speed tie, with a coinflip.  Since they have the exact same Base speed right now, it'll depend on what Primal stat boosts they get to speed, and if they remain the same, everything will rely on how the trainer sets their IVs and EVs. 

Example: P.Kyogre faster, P.Groudon slower (to avoid Speed-tie questions)
If they cannot override:
>(Primordial Rain) A heavy rain began to fall!
>(Desolate Land) There is no relief from this heavy rain!

If they can override:
>(Primordial Rain) A heavy rain began to fall!
>(Desolate Land) The sunlight turned extremely harsh!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 02:41:50 pm by Culise »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: September 12, 2014, 02:44:25 pm »

Maybe, in an Emerald nod, they'll flicker back and forth every turn.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: September 12, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

Suddenly choice scarf Kyogre / Groudon seems so much more viable.

Oh wait, they can't be choiced.

Guess it's up to RNGesus every single time!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3680 on: September 12, 2014, 03:05:19 pm »

Heh, what if whether they could override themselves was a coin flip chance?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: September 12, 2014, 08:04:58 pm »

I'm still very curious what those moves are.

Obviously they're both going to be STABs.

For Kyogre, it's probably just a super surf. Probably something like 100 damage 100 accuracy surf or 120 damage 85 accuracy surf.

------------

Groudon on the other hand...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I really thought it was going to be a dual type move

However, in the video we see that it hits Blaziken for supereffective damage. I don't actually know how dual type moves work but I think if it were either ground / fire or ground / rock, it'd hit for normal damage, so it can't be dual type.

So this means it's probably a plain ground type move... but we already have earthquake... What on earth could be stronger than earthquake?!!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: September 12, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »

I'm still very curious what those moves are.

Obviously they're both going to be STABs.

For Kyogre, it's probably just a super surf. Probably something like 100 damage 100 accuracy surf or 120 damage 85 accuracy surf.

------------

Groudon on the other hand...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I really thought it was going to be a dual type move

However, in the video we see that it hits Blaziken for supereffective damage. I don't actually know how dual type moves work but I think if it were either ground / fire or ground / rock, it'd hit for normal damage, so it can't be dual type.

So this means it's probably a plain ground type move... but we already have earthquake... What on earth could be stronger than earthquake?!!!!
You're correct on dual-type moves - a resistance to its Fire aspect would negate a weakness to its Ground aspect.  It could be a 120 BP move, but I believe that it will be 100 BP, 100 Acc, Hits all adjacent opponents.  Its primary benefit over Earthquake, like the slightly-weaker Land's Wrath (90/100), would be in Doubles where it doesn't strike your ally.  That also matches how hard GF has been pushing Doubles and Triples, and compares to other legendary signature moves like Psystrike/Searing Shot/Judgment/Fusion Flare/Fusion Bolt (100/100), Aeroblast/Spacial Rend/Sacred Fire (100/95), and Magma Storm (100/75).  That said, higher BP is not out of the question - even ignoring two-turn moves like Roar of Time and Shadow Force, Deoxys' Psycho Boost hits 140 BP and Shaymin's Seed Flare is at 120 BP.  It may also have a high crit ratio, but that's just me musing on a vague similarity to Stone Edge as far as the animation is concerned. 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:19:05 pm by Culise »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: September 13, 2014, 03:57:08 pm »

Ground/rock would hit for SE.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: September 13, 2014, 04:07:15 pm »

Yeah. I realized that a few hours after but was too lazy to edit.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: September 13, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

Suddenly choice scarf Kyogre / Groudon seems so much more viable.

Oh wait, they can't be choiced.

Why not? AFAIK hold items like the mega stones haven't been confirmed as needed for the Primal mode. Am I wrong about that, or am I missing something else obvious?
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3686 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »

At this point people are just assuming that when they say primal form they mean mega and mega "requires" a megastone. Though to be fair this is likely a correct assumption as I doubt they would be releasing another form of evolution so soon after the last.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: September 13, 2014, 08:47:15 pm »

At this point people are just assuming that when they say primal form they mean mega and mega "requires" a megastone. Though to be fair this is likely a correct assumption as I doubt they would be releasing another form of evolution so soon after the last.

I can sort of see that, but with enough silly things like Gracidea flowers, DNA Splicers, and the Dream Mirror floating around out there, I really wouldn't be surprised to see another 'activate the item to change forme' thing tacked-on to existing legendaries. (Also the Griseous Orb, but that *was* a hold item, so...)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3688 on: September 15, 2014, 04:30:32 pm »

Darn it eevee. I breed you for hours to get a dang HA female so I can transfer egg moves. Not a single female until this batch of 5. Actually managed to beat the odds on this and got 2. NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THE FIVE HAD HA.

Edit: Apparently complaining makes the RNGod favor me. Not only did I get a ♀HA eevee but then when I bred the egg move on that was a ♀HA eevee as well on the first try.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 04:49:49 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3689 on: September 15, 2014, 05:56:22 pm »

Dang it, sorry for the double post but I might need some help. I apparently traded for the champs ralts before I got the upgraded ring so I can't get Gardevoirite it seems. I have it on my other version but my method of throwing a pokemon with it up on the gts for some legendary then trading for from my other game won't work. It says "The Pokemon has a special item. You can't offer it for trade." which is a bit annoying. I have seen people doing trades for it elsewhere so I assume you can directly trade, just not with the GTS. So basically is there A) a way to get the stone even though I goofed it or B) is there someone who can trade it from my one version and then trade it to my other version?

Edit: Okay I was able to do the musical chairs trade over on The Underground's Facebook page so I am good now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:08:44 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 463