Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672390 times)

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3480 on: August 11, 2014, 07:44:33 am »

What do you think that move that Mega Salamence did is? Doesn't look like brave bird, as brave bird has that whole bird thingy going on. Giga impact?

Crobat gets brave bird despite being a bat. It is definitely a move Salamence could have.

Apparently, Double-edge, since Bulbapedia is using the very animation as the example.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Double-Edge_%28move%29

Better for it than Brave Bird, anyway, since it becomes a 156 power flying type move due to aerilate.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: August 11, 2014, 04:16:18 pm »

The coordinator in me is happy contests are back, two gens without them has been utter Murder but, it's a crying shame Cosplay Pikachu is it's own type of Pikachu given out in ORAS, I just got set up to begin obtaining the perfect Pikachu for Libre Status but no they pull this on me...
I wondered why the dressed up ones had a black tail marking...Gah I should've paid more attention to it.

Oh well, at least I still have my Poke-Luchador Team.

My thoughts on Mega Salamence are surprisingly simple yet I'm shocked even more no one has mentioned this yet(or as far as I've seen): It looks like Latios had a baby with Latias...seriously what's with Hoenn having jet-dragons with forward sweeping wings? I'm not complaining as Mega Salamence looks awesome as do the Lati@s duo but I sincerely hope they don't Jet-ify Mega-Rayquaza, if they ever make him, and I sincerely hope they do! That said, I knew I liked Altaria for some reason: thing was packing a hidden fairy typing.

And finally, the Shiny Beldum sounds nice but I refuse to use it unless I can nic-name it, in honor of my first Metagross: "X", I doubt we'll get that chance though, but I sure hope for it!

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: August 11, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »

That means Pikachu now has three types!: Normal, Surfing, and Dressing

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:34 pm »

That means Pikachu now has three types!: Normal, Surfing, and Dressing
Flying and Singing, too, though Cosplay Pikachu is going to be the first time we have actual battle sprites in the main games. 

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: August 11, 2014, 06:53:37 pm »

Which reminds me, I can't remember if the HM curse still applies to transferring Pokemon via the Bank. I lost all enthusiasm for Surf/Fly Pikachu when I realized you'd have to take off Surf/Fly to move one to a later-gen game, and presumably then couldn't reapply the HM.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: August 11, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

Which reminds me, I can't remember if the HM curse still applies to transferring Pokemon via the Bank. I lost all enthusiasm for Surf/Fly Pikachu when I realized you'd have to take off Surf/Fly to move one to a later-gen game, and presumably then couldn't reapply the HM.

IIRC it does, however, recent events like the GTS-event Vivillion with rare moves distrubted to XY can have their unusual move deleted and relearned, but only those distrubted from XY's days and on
So idealy they'd release a new surfkachu or flykachu in gen6 that could be transferred to Gen7+ via HM deletion and heart-scale relearning using the new XY relearner method.

Again all of that is IIRC.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 08:27:00 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: August 12, 2014, 04:07:45 am »

MegaSlowbro appears to have abandoned symbiosis in favor of killing his shellfish, hollowing out the inside, and wearing it like a mascot costume.

Kind of unwieldy-looking, is what I'm saying. And a bit creepy.   :o
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3487 on: August 12, 2014, 04:22:35 am »

You could flip that on its head and say the shellfish got tired of slowbro stealing the lime light and decided to hollow it out and wear it like a mascot costume but kept the shell because it felt homesick.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: August 12, 2014, 06:03:32 am »

MegaSlowbro

Wow... not even Megaslowking...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: August 12, 2014, 09:27:12 am »

Every single time I look at that Mega Slowbro, I keep thinking, "Slowbronado."  I wish Megas could get moves not on their baseline's movelist, because it looks like it should really learn Rapid Spin.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: August 12, 2014, 11:02:11 am »

Can't say I'm impressed by either of those. Maybe their stats become amazing or something as those abilities are pretty crap. Normal / fairy is pretty meh too.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: August 13, 2014, 05:29:58 am »

Due to my HD's meltdown, I have taken up to transfer over 100 pokemon from Back version to X version.
Also managed to level and evolve a few in order to fill up my dex a little.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: August 13, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »

And the Pinsir/Heracross promo is out, for those of you in North America who may not have heard yet.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3493 on: August 13, 2014, 07:29:56 pm »

Nice, now I just need to head in and get the code for the ites when that is available. Or I guess if it is the same code for everyone I can just wait for someone to post it so I don't have to use the gas.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: August 15, 2014, 11:41:33 pm »

I think this is, without a doubt, one of the best pokemon random battles I've ever seen. It's basically poetry in pokemon battle form: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-152897534
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 463