Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672431 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The most faaaabulous pikachu
« Reply #3435 on: August 03, 2014, 11:57:30 pm »

Sorry, but unfortunately, I do not have a Lightning Rod Goldeen or Seaking.  Good luck with the hordes, though; sometimes, you get it fairly quickly since you've got five chances with most hordes, but with rare and/or mixed hordes, it can get a bit more difficult - Carbink, Starly, and a female Nidoran all qualified for that when I went horde-hunting.  Wingull shouldn't be too bad, though; it's a common horde, and you get all five.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: August 04, 2014, 12:00:15 am »

I have to ask is Fruofruo (or whatever the Poodle pokemon is named) good?

Since it is my favorite X and Y pokemon by far... and not for its alternate forms either (which I think all look bad), I mean for its normal form.

Since at face value it seems like a fodder pokemon made to test out a new system... like castform was.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:02:02 am by Neonivek »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: August 04, 2014, 12:06:49 am »

It can be quite annoying.

I mean, statwise it's pretty crap but it does have a relatively neat ability. The best use I've seen for it is like a scout or a suicide lead. Just send it out, thunder wave something and hope for the best. Cotton guard under very specific circumstances can be a massive, incredible pain in the ass though, especially combined with its ability.

Though quite honestly, it will get rolled over by other pokemon simply because of the fact that its stats are crap.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3438 on: August 04, 2014, 12:11:10 am »

I don't know how it works out but its ability which means it takes half from physical attacks and the availability of substitute to it could be interesting against a physical opponent. Smogon does rate it as NU(never used) but that doesn't mean it isn't good, just not commonly used. Overall if you want to build a team around it then it can go far in its role as long as you don't expect too much from it.

Edit: as I read more I edit more
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:15:59 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:06 am »

It's kinda taunt-baited due to the fact that its offenses are pretty insignificant.

it tends to run cotton guard, twave/toxic/roar, uturn and return. it suffers due to having no reliable recovery outside of Rest, and it cannot sponge a special hit particularly well at all. The only way it will end up doing well is if it's got cotton guard up at +3 or +6 vs. only physical attackers, and even then it'll be a war of attrition.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: August 05, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »

I really love Weezing but there's one thing I never understood about it. Why on earth is its attack stat higher than its special attack?

It literally doesn't have a single physical STAB move.

It's still really good though. I think it's one of the best, if not THE best, physical walls in the game. It has no physical weaknesses other than the odd psycho cut. And its moveset is pretty awesome. Sure, it has that mysterious, unexplained attack stat but it also rocks all the awesome coverage moves. Freaking will o' wisp. Fire blast. Shadow ball. Lightning bolt. Sludge bomb. The list goes on.

It's also so easy to get in the main game and there's almost no fuss in training it up. No need to crossbreed eggs to transfer moves or any of that. Simple. Easy. Effective.

I like him a lot. I just wish his stats made sense.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: August 05, 2014, 04:52:35 pm »

How far would IV breeding and EV training go to bring its special attack up to snuff?

I think it just looks too friggin' weird for me to contemplate using. Particularly after running afoul of its BW sprite the other day.

Now, Furfrou: I don't like it, but that's just because it's one of those gimmick Pokémon. It's not even a GOOD gimmick Pokémon, i.e. its gimmick sucks. At least Smeargle had its uses in egg moves, Minun and Plusle actually DID something USEFUL with their silly abilities, Ditto has its handy breeding thing, etc. etc.

But that's just my two cents.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3442 on: August 05, 2014, 05:25:48 pm »

Weezing's SpA is only 5 less then its Atk and even with that it isn't too bad of a stat at 85. Really though in the end it is a defensive wall so it doesn't need to necessarily hit all that hard. All that aside of course you did ask what doing all that would do to the stat. Without any EV and a 0 for SpA IV the stat sits at 175 at Lv100. The IV number is fully added to the stat at 100 so +31 for maxing that upping the stat to 206. On the other hand EV only gives 1/4 of its value to the stat at Lv100 so maxing SpA to 252 would added 63 points upping the score to 269. A really important thing you missed though is the nature which ups the stat it benefits by 10% so even without anything else the base Lv100 of 175 is upped to 192 which is an increase of 17 points but the real difference happens with a fully bred and trained pokemon. The end score when everything aligns will be 295 which is an increase of 26, just 5 points short of the IV increase. This means an overall increase of 120 points, more then its base stat at Lv1.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: August 05, 2014, 05:41:38 pm »

It's a really stupid complaint, as I think Weezing is great regardless. The attack is kinda nice for things like explosion too. A teeny bit of OCD as I got a bit annoyed that he didn't have access to gunk shot.

I'm mostly just praising it because it's so easy to train up in a regular Pokemon game. You can get a Pokemon that's not weak to anything in particular (except psychic) and can learn all sorts of awesome moves without any real trouble.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: August 05, 2014, 06:41:23 pm »

+1 weezing master race.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3445 on: August 05, 2014, 11:00:07 pm »

So with a little testing on showdown I have come to the conclusion I need to study type weaknesses some more to more fully use my attacks. On the other hand I have also concluded people don't expect a lightning rod Seaking. I assume this is because they don't really have a SpA stat worth mentioning and LRod boosts that and not Atk. To make up for it I shoved Substitue, Aqua Ring, and Protect on it then added in some Ice Beam for dragons.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: August 06, 2014, 12:29:09 am »

Lightning rod and storm drain are freaking awesome, especially in multi battles. It can completely fuck over enemy teams.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: August 06, 2014, 02:43:10 am »

Managed to pull a victory from the jaws of defeat in random triples.  Or I suppose it's more like the opponent managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.  Either way I beat an all legendary team in triples after a disastrous turn 1 and a darkrai got off a dark void.

---------------

Lightning rod is good fun, especially on something that can pair it with earthquake.  It's protecting your flying types from elec moves, and at the same time your flying types are immune to their buddy's earthquakes.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: August 06, 2014, 06:48:55 am »

Managed to pull a victory from the jaws of defeat in random triples.  Or I suppose it's more like the opponent managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory.  Either way I beat an all legendary team in triples after a disastrous turn 1 and a darkrai got off a dark void.

---------------

Lightning rod is good fun, especially on something that can pair it with earthquake.  It's protecting your flying types from elec moves, and at the same time your flying types are immune to their buddy's earthquakes.

That's actually pretty brilliant because Earthquake will also kill off most any rock types, considering that Rock/Bug and Rock/Grass types aren't really that common, if I remember rightly.
Also often called Boowells.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 463