Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672432 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Can I please get a Togepi from someone? I need a fairy-type and I need a flying-type. Togekiss is the answer.
I have a single female Hustle Togepi, if you wish and are online at the moment.  I'll try to stick around for a bit, but I can't make too many promises regarding that.

EDIT:
Where do you get Togepi in X? Is it even available?
Friend Safari.  I don't think we have any, though; I picked mine up through Wonder Trade. 
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:05:09 pm by Culise »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Behold the dreaded Swoobat sweep: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-94368131
What were they even trying to do with Avalugg? And why no sucker punches from Kangaskhan?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

I actually have like 1/2 a box of 3-4 star togepeis with serence grace...  I sorta was breeding them.. so if you need one...

(Also I bred an 100% perfect Porygon so woot)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Wonder Trade definitely cleaned up quite a bit with the release of Pokebank, it seems.  I barely received any early route fodder in trade, maybe around 50% or so.  Trading out 59 Dratini (most HA, some not), I still received the following quality Pokemon:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still have another box of Dratinis plus another three of assorted Pokemon (HA Vulpix, HA Fletchlings, Swinub, HA Eevees, miscellaneous Dittos and precisely one HA Bulbasaur) to clean up, but it's getting rather late and Tawarochir seems to have gone offline.  If you'd still like that Togepi, my Friend Code is in the OP.  Feel free to post yours, and we can try to meet up in around 20-24 hours from the time of this post.  Alternately, neotemplar likely has a much better selection than I, if he's been breeding. ^_^

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

So I haven't played a single game of Pokemon since Emerald, and that was on an emulator.

Thinking of trying SoulSilver or HeartGold. Wish there was a rom that let me have ALL THE POKEMON, instead of having to choose between em. Mankey, I love you! ;-;
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Behold the dreaded Swoobat sweep: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-94368131
What were they even trying to do with Avalugg? And why no sucker punches from Kangaskhan?
I think he expected me to switch out the Swoobat when the Avalugg came out.

No idea about the Kangaskhan. I was expecting a fake out at least.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've finally started breeding a team in-game. Just filled a box with Eevees with the wrong ability... Is it impossible to get offspring with a HA if only the father has it? It sure seems like it at this point.

I'll not go for perfect IV pokemon, though, it's just too tedious without a good Ditto.

Anyway, here's the planned final team:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Disregard my own notes on where attacks come from and such.

I'm kind of starting to doubt the choice of Tyrantrum. I originally included him to have something to counter Talonflame, since pretty much everyone else in the team will die to it. Any comments or suggestions?
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

I ended up replacing my tyrantrum with a Rhyperior, tyrantrum sounds good on paper but the dragon typing really seems to have become a massive disadvantage to everything that has it, and it would often die the first round it was out.   

Rhyperior with an assault vest, solid rock and some defensive EVs however can take hits even from 4x weaknesses and hit back just as hard with it's crazy base attack and stab rock/ground.  If it didn't hit a weakness it might as well have been wonder guarded, so talonflame can't do a thing to it.  It can also learn metal burst with some breeding, allowing it to directly counter anything that hit it for 1.5x damage.  There are probably better pokes for the role, but I found rhyp to be significantly better than tyrantrum in almost every way.  As a bonus he's incredibly slow, slower than even a lot of trick room pokes, giving them a nasty surprise.  Only leg up tyrantrum has is stealth rock.

Note that I primarily play doubles and triples, so take this with a grain of salt if yer doing singles.  He probably isn't as useful if you don't have another poke available to snipe out what he's weak to as your opponent wastes a turn underestimating his defenses.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 02:32:18 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

I'm kind of starting to doubt the choice of Tyrantrum. I originally included him to have something to counter Talonflame, since pretty much everyone else in the team will die to it. Any comments or suggestions?
I'd suggest Aerodactyl.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I've finally started breeding a team in-game. Just filled a box with Eevees with the wrong ability... Is it impossible to get offspring with a HA if only the father has it? It sure seems like it at this point.

I'm pretty sure you can, but it's a relatively low chance.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Ah, whoops, I missed this.  Yes, an HA father can pass along his HA if he's breeding with a Ditto, but only with a Ditto.  HA father + non-HA mother = non-HA children, even if the breeding pair are the same species. 

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I haven't played a single game of Pokemon since Emerald, and that was on an emulator.

Thinking of trying SoulSilver or HeartGold. Wish there was a rom that let me have ALL THE POKEMON, instead of having to choose between em. Mankey, I love you! ;-;

Check out the Reddit remake Pokemon Zeta / Omnicrom.  Seems to include all Pokemon so far.  I have barely started, but a lot of people like it. :D

DF thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135821.0
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonzetaomicron/
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

I'd suggest Aerodactyl.

Rhyperior or Aerodactyl. Aero is more offensive, and while it can take a resisted hit it's not going to enjoy it. Rhyperior + assault vest = bullet sponge. My Rhyperior has Poison Jab/Megahorn/Rock Wrecker (gonna replace that with Stone Edge if it can learn it)/Earthquake.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, whoops, I missed this.  Yes, an HA father can pass along his HA if he's breeding with a Ditto, but only with a Ditto.  HA father + non-HA mother = non-HA children, even if the breeding pair are the same species.

That would explain it, then. I'm breeding two Eeevees.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

I'd suggest Aerodactyl.

Rhyperior or Aerodactyl. Aero is more offensive, and while it can take a resisted hit it's not going to enjoy it. Rhyperior + assault vest = bullet sponge. My Rhyperior has Poison Jab/Megahorn/Rock Wrecker (gonna replace that with Stone Edge if it can learn it)/Earthquake.
that's a scary rhyperior.

I think both are good too. Only problem with aerodactyl is that it must have mega stone. So no good items.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 463