Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672559 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2850 on: February 15, 2014, 05:48:38 am »

Thick Fat makes Snorlax amazing, because you now resist two types instead of none, and retain your Ghost immunity. But Solid Rock Rhyperior is really, really good too - that attack, that defense, pretty nice HP. You do have to watch out for tough STAB Water moves though. Sandstorms pump up your SpDef even higher, even if they're not as useful as they were previously.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2851 on: February 15, 2014, 05:58:14 am »

Twitch just beat Lt Surge with 10 total hp remaining.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: February 15, 2014, 06:10:27 am »

Twitch just beat Lt Surge with 10 total hp remaining.
It also managed to teach Cut to a Pokemon.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: February 15, 2014, 06:14:35 am »

Now it's trying to cut down the tree next to the gym, and it's so far taken longer than the gym battle itself, without any results.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: February 15, 2014, 05:05:02 pm »

Thick Fat makes Snorlax amazing, because you now resist two types instead of none, and retain your Ghost immunity. But Solid Rock Rhyperior is really, really good too - that attack, that defense, pretty nice HP. You do have to watch out for tough STAB Water moves though. Sandstorms pump up your SpDef even higher, even if they're not as useful as they were previously.
Not just water, grass too. Especially Grass Knot.

No amount of filter will protect you from Grass Knot. An assault vest + filter + sandstorm Rhyperior will still die in one hit to grass knot, it's pretty hilarious.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: February 15, 2014, 06:16:27 pm »

Not just water, grass too. Especially Grass Knot.

No amount of filter will protect you from Grass Knot. An assault vest + filter + sandstorm Rhyperior will still die in one hit to grass knot, it's pretty hilarious.

Nowhere else is a simple trip so deadly.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:08 pm »

Showdown has now upgraded all its 2D sprites to the 3D ones used in XY.

Every day they tiptoe closer and closer to the inevitable shutdown notice from Nintendo.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: February 17, 2014, 08:33:06 am »

It is very, very hard to resist the urge to mod pokemon into dwarf fortress.

I have an inner battle between the side of me that wants to mod in the Kanto starters and the side of me that's too lazy to do that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: February 17, 2014, 08:40:53 am »

It is very, very hard to resist the urge to mod pokemon into dwarf fortress.

I have an inner battle between the side of me that wants to mod in the Kanto starters and the side of me that's too lazy to do that.
I think you've got it the wrong way around. Laziness is an urge too, so what you're saying is that it's hard to get yourself to mod Pokémon into DF. Also you should probably give in to your modding urge. Screw laziness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: February 17, 2014, 10:12:52 am »

I'm pretty sure there have been multiple attempts to mod pokemon into DF.  I tried once, well before any attacks more complicated than flamethrower were possible in DF.  The work required to replace even the vanilla creatures with their pokemon counterparts is staggering.

If you can pull it off more power to ya.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: February 17, 2014, 10:59:30 am »

I figured Charmander would be the easiest, just let it breathe fire and make its tail out of something really hot.

I figured you could take dragonfire and replace fire with water for Squirtle; barring that, an interaction that shoots balls of water.

Past that I'm stumped. Maybe something that shoots balls of plant matter?

Now that I think about it, that's pretty much it. Just mod in 721 creatures that shoot balls of varying materials.

Lol, we should start a collaborative project to do that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: February 17, 2014, 11:15:30 am »

I'm going to laugh if making a charmander's tail out of something hot lights the rest of it on fire and they all just burn to death as soon as they pop in to existence. I assume you can set a flag to make things immune to heat, but it's still a funny mental image.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »

Past that I'm stumped. Maybe something that shoots balls of plant matter?
Just make a creature out of plant materials.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: February 22, 2014, 12:55:23 am »

Dunno if anyone's mentioned this yet, but it looks like X and Y will be getting its own downloadable legendary. More details coming "soon".

There are two others, along with a mega-evolution for a previous gen's legendary as well.

(By the way, Diancie has in those screenshots 125 hp at level 50, which roughly suggests 250hp at level 100. This implies around base 70 something HP. Pokemon that have HP this low tend to be glass cannons (Aegislash, Greninja, Gengar)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 01:00:46 am by Reudh »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 463