Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672727 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2775 on: February 08, 2014, 08:50:43 pm »

If you have any legendaries, would you mind doing a tradeback with me? I just want to fill up my Dex.
I don't like doing tradeback style trades over the internet, sorry. I understand wanting to fill out the Dex but, that's not a way I help others.

Somehow I don't feel like using legendary in competitive battles ever, not even OU legendaries.
I almost never ever battle online, so having a horde of useable legends is no issue to me in this regard. If I ever do go online with Legends in tow I'll stick to 3 pokemon max, 1 of which would be my legend and no more than 1 legend and no more than 3 Pokemon total on my entire team, even if they use a 6-member team of all legends.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Don't let your bank run out without withdrawing!
« Reply #2776 on: February 08, 2014, 10:48:35 pm »

Rekka, that's understandable.

On a sidenote, I just watched the movie with Shaymin and am sure it is the most annoying legendary ever. It is not even legendary by lore definition, it happens to be one because you can only get one per game. I wish Giratina would've eaten Shaymin.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: February 08, 2014, 10:57:24 pm »

I don't think Giratina can even beat Shaymin in a normal battle.

Giratina doesn't have a single move that's good against grass other than fly and aerial ace, none of which are STAB. Shaymin has the same stats as Celebi, which is straight hundreds, so trying to do regular STAB shadow ball / claw to kill it will probably take quite awhile.

Especially considering Shaymin's standard moveset includes leech seed, whereas Giratina almost never has substitute.

Shaymin is still pretty stupid, all things considered.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: February 09, 2014, 10:57:29 pm »

Glad I restarted. A lot of things I forgot during my first playthrough that forgetting them made later things make no sense, now that I replayed them, they do make a lot of sense.

Pokemon bank may cost money in the long run, but it's a cheap fee and is well worth it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: February 10, 2014, 05:35:56 pm »

I picked up the game again for the first time in a month or so and decided to go HA-hunting for Nidorans, since apparently I got it fixed in my head at some point that I wanted to pick up HAs for Pokemon I like and had geared my team accordingly.  Very first Nidoran horde I find, four males and one female, and the female has the Hidden Ability Hustle.  That was easier than the great Zubat hunt, I suppose. ^_^

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: February 10, 2014, 07:12:18 pm »

The thing I like most so far about X/Y is that they really seem to be appealing to long-time fans and collectors. None of this "only new mons until you reach an arbitrary point in the game" nonsense from B/W - from the very first route you're picking up new creatures and old favorites. You get a Gen 1 starter only a couple towns in. There's an opportunity to catch a freaking Snorlax before you face the second gym. And apparently you can catch Eevees in the wild!

My current team (it changes a lot) is a mix of old and new mons and I like each and every one of them. You wouldn't believe how much I d'awwwwwed when I discovered that my Zigzagoon actually runs in a zig-zag pattern during battle. I ain't evolving her; if I want a Linoone so badly I'll either catch one or evolve a second Zigzagoon just for that purpose.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: February 10, 2014, 07:46:09 pm »

The thing I like most so far about X/Y is that they really seem to be appealing to long-time fans and collectors. None of this "only new mons until you reach an arbitrary point in the game" nonsense from B/W - from the very first route you're picking up new creatures and old favorites. You get a Gen 1 starter only a couple towns in. There's an opportunity to catch a freaking Snorlax before you face the second gym. And apparently you can catch Eevees in the wild!
B/W weren't bad (Team Plasma had decent music as far as evil teams go), but all of my agreement to this quote.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: February 10, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »

B/W weren't bad (Team Plasma had decent music as far as evil teams go), but all of my agreement to this quote.
I didn't mean they were bad, far from it. But the way they restricted you to only catching Gen 5 mons until later on was a little ridiculous.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: February 10, 2014, 07:53:52 pm »

Oh no, I wasn't saying you said they were. I was just adding a bit to it so I wasn't just saying Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: February 10, 2014, 07:54:59 pm »

Ahhhh, I see :p

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: February 10, 2014, 08:37:52 pm »

B/W no, but B2/W2? Well I've played $5 games that were more fun.
I like that they gave us two "3rd versions" but I would've preferred a "Grey" titled version as NOTHING is just Black and White
But why I say they weren't good? Join avenue was very limited, overworld graphics, such as the trainer's sprite felt downgraded in quality. And half of the games' new functions over B/W were only available if you had some way to trade those "Keys" around...not a lot of people did, and heck, they introduced a "Hard mode" - but ticked everyone who got White2 without unova link trade abilities off

So as far as I care, the only reason those B2/W2 games sold is the fact they were part of the pokemon legacy.

Now X and Y, I obviously compliment.

DPPT were amazing, HG/SS were much needed
RSE & FRLG were awesome, not amazing, but awesome. and I'd love remakes of the RS as Hoenn is my favorite region and the Hoenn-intro'd pokemon dominate my favorites list.
However most Mega-Evolutions are from hoenn, this gives me the fear that we will likely NOT get a remake as a lot from Hoenn has been upgraded within X/Y
For crying out loud, Blaziken is the only starter to have been BANNED by Competitive players. Blaziken, a (wait for it) HOENN Starter. In B/W he went Uber, in X/Y he went BANNED.
Yeah that alone says how much hoenn pokemon were upgraded in X/Y

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: February 10, 2014, 09:01:54 pm »

I haven't played B2/W2. But thanks for letting me know I should probably skip it and just find another copy of White to replace my lost one :p

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: February 10, 2014, 09:30:47 pm »

I liked B2/W2. I honestly enjoyed the stuff like Join Avenue. It was fun collecting all the stuff, and the deals on items and training were great. The gameplay felt improved to me, and the large selection of mons available from the start was great. I also loved the way it handled some of the gyms, which felt pretty fresh, and the world tournament was really neat, if admittedly kinda tedious at some points. Great soundtrack too. Also I really like the way it continued the story, and the lost item sidequest was adorable, though its understandable that some people might not have liked that set up. Not to mention the studio was a massive improvement over the contests ideas and I was actually kinda disappointment that X and Y didn't have anything like it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:36:04 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: February 10, 2014, 09:32:52 pm »

I actually liked B2/W2, if only for one reason: the Pokemon World Tournament.  Why yes, I would like to face all the old gym leaders, either in their own brackets or in a combined bracket, or else a Champions bracket against Red, Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, and the new Unova champion (who I'm not spoiling, just on the off chance), all with new remixed versions of their old themes.  Pokestar Studios was also fun, if a bit gimmicky, and I know that making movies got old for some people.  The story was definitely on the mediocre side at the very best, but Pokemon has never been known for its serious and gripping plot-crafting (even in B/W).  Still, on the whole, I would consider it a respectable addition to the Pokemon money machine.

EDIT: Ah.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:35:58 pm by Culise »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: February 10, 2014, 10:19:52 pm »

I actually preferred the contests and etc. Musicals SUCKED and yes I hate that Kalos has no such thing, but in a weird way, Amie replaces it...

The PokeStar Studios just seemed like a waste of time to me...even if the new face of contests.

And yes the gym and gameplay of B2/W2 were fresh and innovative as was it being a sequel.
But as far as actual rating, I can't give B2/W2 over a 6, and B/W got an 8 from me. I think, though, this comes form B2/W2 being HEAVILY multiplayer-aimed, and I rarely use Multiplayer functions, so I can see why others say they were good. So long as they respect my view too.

Continuing with the rating i gave each game...
RSE got a 7.9, and X/Y another 8. FR LG only got a 7 as they did not innovate with Gen1 Improvements enough, though they were limited by resources so that's why 7 not 6.
DPPT get a comfortable 7.5 from me no complaints really, just wish there was more to the after-champ run.
HGSS were wonderful things to sate the hunger for all us Johto-joiners, and even innovated in ways that were much needed - 8.9 for sure.
(One of the 8.9-worthy innovations was the ability to edit the safari zone and change what selection was available within to non-Johto/Non-Kanto pokemon EVEN BEFORE NATIONAL DEX, that was certainly worth the 500 PD fee.)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:24:41 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 463