Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672785 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2715 on: January 31, 2014, 03:26:46 am »

I usually go for the 'mons that I like the best, then figure out how to get the best mileage from them.   :P

I know Sceptile isn't as good but I ain't giving up on him.

Sceptile is indeed very situational. Talonflame eats him for breakfast sadly.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: January 31, 2014, 04:02:41 am »

Hey, that's the right attitude.

I like my poison heal Breloom even though you'd think it's pretty shitty.

I mean like, who the hell uses poison heal Breloom?! It's so squishy, and has absolutely no perks that would help it live long enough to heal. It's weak to so many common things like fire, ice, poison, psychic, fairy, and flying. Even ignoring those moves, it'll die in two hits to even non-supereffective stuff like bug, fighting, ghost, etc. Outrage and any 2x boosted move would also kill it instantly.

Just gotta be aware of what you can and cannot work with.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 05, 2014, 02:52:58 am »

Pokebank is now out in some territories. US is yet to receive it.

Btw, Technician Breloom outclasses Poison Heal Breloom as an offensive user. I usually run Bullet Seed / Mach Punch / Spore / some other move on that set.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 05, 2014, 03:21:15 am »

I am in one of the regions receiving Pokebank. Please note you can't reset for Celebi. It's guaranteed 3 perfect IVs but random nature.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 05, 2014, 08:06:08 am »

Meet " "Slimy" ".

He has travelled with me in my pokemon parties for a very long time. He was the very first of my original save file pokemon to be transported over with Pokebank.

Isn't it awesome that this pokemon has been with me for close to eleven years? It was one of the first pokemon I caught, back in Sapphire, the first time I had a handheld device to call my own, in early 2003. Back then, he was a Grimer, level 15, caught near Mt Chimney. He's helped me through many a generation.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 05, 2014, 10:19:07 am »

Woah that's a long time for only lv 58.

My only close-runner to that is my "Crush". A Scizor caught as Scyther back in D/P, before Platinum came out. Has seen me through the entirety of fourth and fifth gens, and is why I so desperately await the US release of pokemon bank so I can port him in and start using Amie on him. He's my pokemon pride and joy, without him i feel powerless as a trainer.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 05, 2014, 11:57:06 am »

Because of the dominance of physical attackers in the meta, I tend to use Will-o-Wisp instead of Thunder Wave. Toxic is used against walls whenever possible. I have a Blissey in the team that can wall any special attacker except Ghost-type that is immune to Toxic or Sleep Talker.

I actually sometimes question why people don't use Confuse Ray and Swagger in their sets more what with all the physical attackers around. I get that it's only a 50% chance for Confuse Ray to work, but there's a 100% chance of it hitting. I suppose it is a bit of a dice roll, but the two moves are much more common than Will-O-Wisp and can stack on Thunder Wave or other status conditions.
Also often called Boowells.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 05, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »

My only close-runner to that is my "Crush". A Scizor caught as Scyther back in D/P, before Platinum came out. Has seen me through the entirety of fourth and fifth gens, and is why I so desperately await the US release of pokemon bank so I can port him in and start using Amie on him. He's my pokemon pride and joy, without him i feel powerless as a trainer.

Yeah, Slimy was the first pokemon to make it over, hence the post. Both Ruby, a Swellow, level 100, and Snappy, a Flygon, also level 100 got ported too from my first sapphire save. The rest of them are languishing in bit-heaven on my barely-working Pearl cartridge.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: February 05, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »

Because of the dominance of physical attackers in the meta, I tend to use Will-o-Wisp instead of Thunder Wave. Toxic is used against walls whenever possible. I have a Blissey in the team that can wall any special attacker except Ghost-type that is immune to Toxic or Sleep Talker.

I actually sometimes question why people don't use Confuse Ray and Swagger in their sets more what with all the physical attackers around. I get that it's only a 50% chance for Confuse Ray to work, but there's a 100% chance of it hitting. I suppose it is a bit of a dice roll, but the two moves are much more common than Will-O-Wisp and can stack on Thunder Wave or other status conditions.
People don't like status moves for some reason, especially newbies.

Some prankster users like Liepard actually exist to only stack those things and sit back while watching the enemy kill themselves.

The standard prankster Liepard goes like this:

1. Thunder wave
2. Swagger
3. Foul Play
4. Substitute

It involves a bit of luck (not that much though, especially once they're paralyzed AND confused), but usually makes people rage quit. The only thing that pisses me off about that build is that swagger can actually miss. It's caused me to go =| quite a few times.

----------

Reudh:

Yeah, I know what technician Breloom does. However, I like a Breloom that doesn't die in one hit and can heal itself by almost 50% by stalling two turns.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: February 05, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »

Yeah, Slimy was the first pokemon to make it over, hence the post. Both Ruby, a Swellow, level 100, and Snappy, a Flygon, also level 100 got ported too from my first sapphire save. The rest of them are languishing in bit-heaven on my barely-working Pearl cartridge.
My next longest is Bowen, a Gallade I caught as a Ralts I think in hoenn(Emerald to be exact), but I caught him after Platinum came out. I immediately imported him and began raising for evolution and while his IVs are rather low, I'm not disappoint as he has never failed me except against frontier bosses, with Crush avenging him in the fall out.

Then third also going from 3rd gen during Platinum days but into HG/SS is my Annoyfly, also a Flygon, and built around being an utter nuisance gimmick, Fly, dig, double team, and Dragonbreath(4th gen) then later U-turn(fifth gen), this thing is hard to hit and has perfect speed, also I think its chosen item increases move accuracy by 10% making its fly and dig more reliable.
I miss my Annoyfly very much.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 05, 2014, 02:43:10 pm »

People don't like status moves for some reason, especially newbies.

Some prankster users like Liepard actually exist to only stack those things and sit back while watching the enemy kill themselves.

The standard prankster Liepard goes like this:

1. Thunder wave
2. Swagger
3. Foul Play
4. Substitute

It involves a bit of luck (not that much though, especially once they're paralyzed AND confused), but usually makes people rage quit. The only thing that pisses me off about that build is that swagger can actually miss. It's caused me to go =| quite a few times.

----------

Reudh:

Yeah, I know what technician Breloom does. However, I like a Breloom that doesn't die in one hit and can heal itself by almost 50% by stalling two turns.

Eh, it hasn't failed me yet. It almost always scores a KO before being KO'd, and being able for it to operate as a lone wolf is pretty fun.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 05, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

I am in one of the regions receiving Pokebank. Please note you can't reset for Celebi. It's guaranteed 3 perfect IVs but random nature.
Well, technically you can, as long as you don't mind losing all of your downloaded games. :P

Also, Pokebank should be out now in North America as well.  I can't check it myself, but the 30-day free trial can be redeemed in both North America and Europe before the end of March. 

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: February 05, 2014, 03:28:51 pm »

Well, technically you can, as long as you don't mind losing all of your downloaded games. :P

Also, Pokebank should be out now in North America as well.  I can't check it myself, but the 30-day free trial can be redeemed in both North America and Europe before the end of March. 

I do have a spare 2DS with Pokemon X that isnt my main save file. Do I have to register a separate Nintendo ID?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:30:33 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 05, 2014, 04:02:29 pm »

Also, Pokebank should be out now in North America as well. 
IT IS!

I just got my imports from W2 but now i need to find my Black.

If I ever state any Pokemon news: my source is Serebii - there how I found out and began my imports.

Ah finally: Crush is back under my control!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 05, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

I do have a spare 2DS with Pokemon X that isnt my main save file. Do I have to register a separate Nintendo ID?
I think so, if you just want two Celebis.  If you want to RNG for nature, the Reddit thread that I found the information from said that you need to reset something else in the core system of the 3DS itself, but I can't recall what it was - it's what uniquely identifies the 3DS to Nintendo's e-Shop and ties it to the downloaded games you own (which is why you lose any downloaded purchases as well), but it's not the MAC address.  I think it might be a full format, but for obvious reasons, it's not something I want to experiment with on my only 3DS.  For some reason, I can't seem to find the source where I first heard about it on Reddit, either; I was linked to it, but...
And I just found another Reddit link that only says it's a matter of NNIDs, in the context of only being able to register 25 new NNIDS on a single 3DS in one day.  Some people really want their Timid Celebi. >_<
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 463