Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672887 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2655 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:22 am »

A thing I just realised: Espbro / Meowstic-M might've been able to poke through Blissey's defenses with Psyshock, if I hadn't removed it in favour of Psychic. :P

True that, this is why I always carry Psyshock instead of Psychic, whenever given the option. Blissey does have the HP bulk though.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: January 20, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »

Neither psyshock or psychic will ever kill Blissey. Not enough damage at all. It'll just softboiled everything.

You need something like a Garchomp / Gliscor earthquake or preferably a fighting move STAB. Similarly, a STAB earthquake will 2HKO a fully defensively trained Sableye as well, provided it switches in to tank the first earthquake. Even if it tries to recover on the second, it will still die. If it will-o-wisps on the second, it will also still die, though now the earthquake user is burned.

There are numerous advantages that Klefki gets over Sableye, especially at fighting other prankster users (which Sableye can't do, especially with that crappy 50 speed).

Klefki has access to:

1. light screen / reflect
2. safeguard (prevents status)
3. heal block (prevents all healing)
4. dazzling gleam, to obliterate Sableye into nothingness. And also dragons.
5. thunder wave

You can also be a super douche and have both on your team.

Make something like:

Sableye, Klefki, Azumaril, Talonflame, Scizor, Mega Kangaskhan

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: January 20, 2014, 07:41:19 pm »

True, but so far every Klefki I've bred has pathetic / wrong IVs. I think I'm doing something wrong here though. :P

The best so far had 31 Atk / 31 SpAtk / 0 Speed. Blegh.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: January 20, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »

True, but so far every Klefki I've bred has pathetic / wrong IVs. I think I'm doing something wrong here though. :P

The best so far had 31 Atk / 31 SpAtk / 0 Speed. Blegh.
...Trick Room Klefki. 

Ah, drat, Klefki doesn't learn that move.  A shame; Prankster isn't affected by Trick Room, so it could be a surprising twist. 

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: January 20, 2014, 08:36:39 pm »

Well, it might be useful in doubles, but having only two 31s is less than ideal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: January 20, 2014, 09:17:03 pm »

Perfect IVs aren't mandatory. As long as you have okay IVs, you will do just as well as perfect IVs. If you're a real stickler for it, you really only need the one perfect IV your attacking stat of choice (just to avoid those awkward, 1hp left, scenarios).

Typing and strategy are far more important.

In terms of importance, here's what you need, in descending order:

1. Pokemon typing strength and weaknesses
2. Pokemon moveset
3. Base stats
4. Held item
5. EV distribution
6. IV

If you lose with a pokemon, 95% of the time you'd have lost even if it had perfect IVs. After all, your 31 attack Lucario (actually, it's 1/2 of that as XY locks you in at level 50) will still do no damage to Shuckle and will still die to an earthquake even if it had 31 defense.

If you're dead set on playing XY on the 3DS, just make teams and have fun with them. Don't worry too much about breeding perfects. Look at that guy recently who lost to some super underlevelled jr. pokemon.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: January 20, 2014, 11:35:58 pm »

To be fair I lost because I wasn't actually expecting a strategy out of it and just went into everybody use a basic attack move and end this quickly mode. If that was an actual match where there was no chance somebody made a mistake like that I would have been far more suspicious. :P

There's a lot of people out there who seem to accidentally bring in underleveled stuff to free battles and don't seem to know how to forfeit a match.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: January 21, 2014, 12:01:56 am »

You got next-level mindgamed.

Every time I see some bizarro pokemon come up, I always assume the worst. Gotten hit by too many weirdo strats to not be cautious.

The level 1 Aron with sturdy and shell bell for example.

For those who don't know the strat, here's what happens:

1. Enemy sends out level 1 Aron, you proceed to laugh in his face and attack it with whatever.
2. Aron goes down to 1 hp because of sturdy.
3. Aron uses endeavour. Your pokemon is now at 1 hp.
4. Aron heals to max with shell bell.
5. Aron kills you with something else.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: January 21, 2014, 12:44:56 am »

So, basically, a FEAR Aron? Can't mention that and forget the most infamous combo ever.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: January 21, 2014, 02:13:59 am »

Every time I see some bizarro pokemon come up, I always assume the worst. Gotten hit by too many weirdo strats to not be cautious.

1. Enemy sends out level 1 Aron, you proceed to laugh in his face and attack it with whatever.
0. Enemy sets up a sandstorm with something else so Aron can mow down multiple monsters.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:50 am »

0. Enemy sets up a sandstorm with something else so Aron can mow down multiple monsters.
This is when I recommend you run hit-twice-or-more-in-one-turn move users like Skill Link+shell smash Cloyster or etc.
I don't battle competitively but I know for a fact Double Hit and Double Kick bypass sturdy, so surely Skill-linked 5-hit Moves would too.
Shame Greninja's Physical ATK is nothing worth noting(compared to spatk) as Water Shuriken having STAB and priority and hitting 2-5 times, against an Aron at level one WS would be a demi-god-send
(albeit Double Kick has a better offensive typing than Double Hit)

Of course the aforementioned Sturdy Shedinja with status would be immune to the multi-hit moves due to it having only 1 hp and therefor being unkillable through brute force.

Anyways...While a nightmare indeed, Multi-hit moves will wreck that Aron.
And this info makes me need not worry as I'm focused on getting my own copy of the Cloyster I mentioned above.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:27:47 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: January 21, 2014, 10:21:02 am »

This is when I recommend you run hit-twice-or-more-in-one-turn move users like Skill Link+shell smash Cloyster or etc.
I don't battle competitively but I know for a fact Double Hit and Double Kick bypass sturdy, so surely Skill-linked 5-hit Moves would too.
Shame Greninja's Physical ATK is nothing worth noting(compared to spatk) as Water Shuriken having STAB and priority and hitting 2-5 times, against an Aron at level one WS would be a demi-god-send
(albeit Double Kick has a better offensive typing than Double Hit)

Of course the aforementioned Sturdy Shedinja with status would be immune to the multi-hit moves due to it having only 1 hp and therefor being unkillable through brute force.

Anyways...While a nightmare indeed, Multi-hit moves will wreck that Aron.
And this info makes me need not worry as I'm focused on getting my own copy of the Cloyster I mentioned above.
Yep, and it makes me love Taunt even more.  So many strategies like FEAR Aron, Funbro (and its cousin Tropius), and the like can get popped by a single well-timed Taunt. 
...no, wait, I keep forgetting that they changed Oblivious in Gen 6 to include immunity to Taunt. 

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: January 21, 2014, 06:59:18 pm »

So, basically, a FEAR Aron? Can't mention that and forget the most infamous combo ever.

Can't beat an Assist V-Create set.

Basically: All pokemon on your team have one move - assist.
Infernape, Liepard and Spinda carry Assist, Victini carries V-Create and nothing else, and Ninetales sets up sun and stealth rocks using Mimic.

Liepard gets priority +1 V-Create because of Assist counting as a non-attacking move.
Infernape gets STAB on V-Create, and has naturally high speed and attack.
Spinda gets a big boost every time it hits with V-Create because of Assist calling V-Create and Contrary changing stat drops to stat boosts.

Spinda could easily be shut down with a solid hit, of course, before it gets those boosts off V-Create.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: January 21, 2014, 08:01:14 pm »

Doesn't really work any more.

Sunny day only lasts 5 / 7 turns now. You can easily stall it out, especially since the first two turns are stealth rock and switch. Without sunny day, V-create isn't strong enough to carry you through the rock and water types. And you better hope the enemy doesn't have a weather pokemon.

Of course, this all ignores the fact that everyone uses priority pokemon these days. So if you did this, this is what will happen:

1. Ninetales comes out. Enemy sends out Azumaril.
2. Ninetales sets up stealth rock. Azumaril uses substitute.
3. Ninetales goes "oh fuck" but switches out anyway. Azumaril uses belly drum.
4. You die. Azumaril laughs in your face while it eats the livers of your fallen pokemon.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: January 21, 2014, 08:29:38 pm »

It's great fun in Gen 5 though. And priority is not as ubiquitous in Gen5.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 463