Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672951 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2580 on: January 13, 2014, 02:29:14 am »

Hydreigon is ALWAYS an excellent choice. Wide movepool, pretty much perfect coverage, good speed and the ability to act as a mixed sweeper, the only thing holding Hydreigon back was its weakish defenses and lots of weaknesses (Fairy x 4, Fighting, Bug, Ice, Dragon).

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: January 13, 2014, 02:30:20 am »

It's even better with silly strings, and is immune to them itself.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:07 am »

Reudh, I'd be interested in having sparring matches with you. I am no expert but I'll do my best to keep you entertained.

Akroma and umiman, come to think about it, Infiltrator does have more utility for a Noivern. I'm going for the first set (Choice Specs) and replace Boomburst with Focus Blast for coverage.

EDIT: Have been getting Pokebank mons from Wonder Trade. Darmanitan and Harvest Tropius. Also received a HA Chimchar with egg moves from a giveaway. Still waiting for Felligatr and Sceptile though.

EDIT2: Got Smeargle with Happy Hour and Pokerus.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:22:02 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: January 13, 2014, 06:36:00 pm »

Hydreigon is ALWAYS an excellent choice. Wide movepool, pretty much perfect coverage, good speed and the ability to act as a mixed sweeper, the only thing holding Hydreigon back was its weakish defenses and lots of weaknesses (Fairy x 4, Fighting, Bug, Ice, Dragon).
My personal experience has been it really is only weak to fairy. Everything else there it's only 2x weak to.

That might be a problem for lesser pokemon, but Hydreigon like the other super dragons, has so much hp and defense that it really doesn't care too much about those 2x weaknesses.

For example, it takes anywhere between 2 - 4 (2 for STAB or boosted, 4 for regular) ice beams to kill it. In that same time period, Hydreigon would have turned your ice beam user into a pile of dust as it's probably faster than it.

Hydreigon, Salamence, Goodra, and Dragonite always give me shivers. It's really hard to fight them and you never know what they're going to do.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:04 pm »

What do Hydreigon, Salamence, Goodra, and Dragonite have in common?

Well, Hydreigon, Salamence and Dragonite are all capable of acting as mixed pokemon, and Dragonite and Goodra are good at taking hits (Multiscale and huge SpDef respectively).

Hydreigon and Salamence both have abilities that assist their sweeping (Hustle boosting damage at the cost of accuracy, Intimidate increasing physical survivability, and Moxie assisting in a sweep after a KO).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: January 13, 2014, 09:40:38 pm »

600 stats. Pseudo-legendaries. Also, unlike the other pseudos, those 4 have such stupidly massive movepools that you never know what they're going to do.

Here's more info on the pseudo-legendaries.

To help illustrate my point, I made a team of 6 Hydreigons. They don't share a single move or item but are still incredibly deadly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: January 13, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

Hydreigon and Salamence both have abilities that assist their sweeping (Hustle boosting damage at the cost of accuracy, Intimidate increasing physical survivability, and Moxie assisting in a sweep after a KO).
Hydreigon has Levitate.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:02 am »

Hydreigon has Levitate.
Whoops. I was thinking of Deino and Zweilous.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: January 14, 2014, 09:27:22 am »

that Hydreigon team looks amazing.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: January 14, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »

Haha, I can make one for Dragonite too:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dragonite's movepool is even larger than Hydreigon. I could make a 9-pokemon team of only Dragonites without using the same items or moves.

Hopefully my examples help explain why I hate fighting them though haha. It's impossible to try and outsmart something that's not only crazy versatile, but extremely strong. Fighting them is basically luck, especially against random strangers.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: January 14, 2014, 07:32:15 pm »

Heartgold + Soulsilver Soundtrack put up on itunes today. It also contains the soundtrack to the original Gold and Silver.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2591 on: January 14, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »

It's a shame Phione has no notable use, due to being outclassed by its parental Manaphy.

Meanwhile, I have no idea why I'm breeding a box of this things. I suppose I'm hoping if I masuda a shiny I can trade it for something. Like Manaphy.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: January 15, 2014, 04:29:49 am »

I have 3 Marvel Scale Adamant Dratini with egg move Extreme Speed and Sword Dance if anyone is interested?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: January 15, 2014, 04:52:10 am »

I have 3 Marvel Scale Adamant Dratini with egg move Extreme Speed and Sword Dance if anyone is interested?

I've got a spitback Chimchar, but besides that, i'm afraid i got nuttin'.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: January 15, 2014, 05:23:03 am »

I've got a spitback Chimchar, but besides that, i'm afraid i got nuttin'.

I'd rather you have it than Wonder Trading it. If you have HA Nidorina with Sucker Punch or HA Crawdaunt with Aqua Jet and Knock-Off, it'd be great. Otherwise, I'll take any breeding rejects.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 463