Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672969 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2535 on: January 05, 2014, 07:00:30 pm »

Just put together a team of whatever you like. Then do some battles. As you play, you'll see what works and what doesn't. Once you've done a few, you'll understand what people use and what things do.

Or I could tell you to use this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Up to you.

Here's how I built it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2536 on: January 05, 2014, 08:26:33 pm »

Isn't the only way to get more than one leftover in XY to have a level 100 poke with the pickup ability?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: January 05, 2014, 08:56:46 pm »

More or less. Though if you're planning on playing mp in XY (for god knows why reason) then you don't really need it as much as you only have three mons to use anyway. Sitrus berry and focus sash is far more useful in those cases.

You'll also want to get choice items so you can at least stand a chance against all the legendaries.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: January 05, 2014, 09:00:11 pm »

HAHAHA. HAHA. HA.

I can out-damage, out-last, AND OUT-STALL YOU NOW. Also, latin thanks to Google Translate so it's probably borked
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-75266332

Also, best opening gambit ever. It's like a chess player has his opening mirrored, he can still overcome, but with only brute force. And leftovers. Too bad I was the mirror.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-75255655

Clefable sweep.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-75279673

Free tip; if you see a Clefable, stop what you're doing and kill it. Kill it so hard. Otherwise, YOU CAN'T TEAR DOWN THE WALL.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:41:25 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: January 06, 2014, 04:37:42 pm »

Just a quick tip for anybody who likes Pokemon and Tabletop gaming: I'll be running a sci-fi themed game of Pokemon Tabletop United via maptools, thursday nights pacific time. Hop on over to the thread on the forum games and roleplaying board if this is relevant to your interests.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: January 07, 2014, 09:19:47 pm »

Scrafty can be played surprisingly well as a cleaner- my personal term for a pokemon that can come in midgame and start a sweep from there- due to Moxie paired with Drain Punch.

Or more specifically, clear out anything problematic to Scrafty's typing, then send out a Dragon Dance/Dragon Tail/Drain Punch/??? Scrafty w/ Big Root.

Pre-setup: If you're going for revenge kill, do it. Then, watch the magic.

Dragon dance first turn out. If you don't take any damage, you could feasibly throw down another or just go with part two.

Immediately throw Drain Punch. Used as a revenge kill Moxie will have already activated once, if not, we're working on that. Higher speed and attack on the punch and Big Root ensure large gains from anything not fighting-proofed.

From there you can steamroll. Dragon Tail is used to get rid of unsavory pokemon you don't want to deal with- such as ones that you can't OHKO or don't regen enough from, creating deadlock if you're faster than the enemy and often forcing their hand- fight on your terms or reach endless checkmate (dragon tail switches target, new pokemon comes out, enemy switches back, they eat dragon tail), or endless until they faint or you run out of PP.

Big Root is a requirement to build up momentum after willingly taking a punch to set that first dragon dance.

The fourth move can be another Dragon type or Ice Punch, as an anti-dragon option. If Scrafty gets Thunderpunch, you can have antiflying moves, or you could take a STAB Dark move to remove the threat of a psychic.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:53 pm »

I dunno.... 65 hp and 58 speed doesn't seem very stellar. Even the 90 attack is pretty meh. I can see the appeal since as far as I can tell it's the only moxie user with drain punch but.. why not just use Honchkrow or Salamence? Their stats and coverage are significantly better.

I've seen Conkeldurr and Meinshao handle drain punch very well too; Conkeldurr being able to one shot almost anyone with just one drain punch and Meinshao having regenerate and fake out.

I mean, if it works for you it's all good but I can't understand why it would be better than those other choices.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: January 07, 2014, 10:40:39 pm »

I've never used others, though versatility/momentum build are my main reason for promoting it

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: January 07, 2014, 10:50:21 pm »

Give Honchkrow a try.

Something like this:
- Sucker punch
- Brave bird
- Superpower
- Heat wave / roost

Perfect coverage. Sucker punch is priority to deal with faster pokemon. STAB brave bird + moxie absolutely wrecks.

----------

I tried to make a team of all moxie users once. It didn't pan out particularly well...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: January 08, 2014, 09:34:43 am »

Sturdy/Metal Burst/Custap Berry/Endeavor Aggron.
I'm sorry to say that work wont for this particular team, The idea is to not go below 20% hp no matter what so Endeavor and Custap are wasted.

----------------
As for other teams using DEF stat, Seriously why is mr mime the only fairy to get a get defense boosting move(barrier) and baton pass?
My gym fairy team would've been Whimsicott + Prankster and cotton guard, but Whimsicott cannot learn Baton pass, for shame.

----------------
Anyways I'm set to work on a Hawlucha right now, what's better for it Limber or Unburden?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: January 08, 2014, 10:58:18 am »

If that is the case, you should probably go with Mega Aggron.  Rock just adds too many weaknesses; in spite of its offensive strengths.  Why do you absolutely need that particular criteria for HP, though? 

For Hawlucha, I much prefer Unburden.  Doubling its speed turns it into a devastatingly entertaining sweeper.  Even though Flying gems aren't available yet, there are still plenty of other options to remove its item (Fling, Sash...ummm....Fling...), and losing its item has synergy with Acrobatics. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:54 am »

If that is the case, you should probably go with Mega Aggron.  Rock just adds too many weaknesses; in spite of its offensive strengths.  Why do you absolutely need that particular criteria for HP, though?

For Hawlucha, I much prefer Unburden.  Doubling its speed turns it into a devastatingly entertaining sweeper.  Even though Flying gems aren't available yet, there are still plenty of other options to remove its item (Fling, Sash...ummm....Fling...), and losing its item has synergy with Acrobatics.
If you followed the conversation, the Aggron is for a local-only All-def-stat focused team. To answer you: I don't need that criteria for HP, I want it as a way of challenging myself and annoying my local fellow Pokemon Trainers.
-------------------
About Unburden, does it increase Speed by one or two stages once the item is gone?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: January 08, 2014, 11:34:40 am »

If you followed the conversation, the Aggron is for a local-only All-def-stat focused team. To answer you: I don't need that criteria for HP, I want it as a way of challenging myself and annoying my local fellow Pokemon Trainers.
-------------------
About Unburden, does it increase Speed by one or two stages once the item is gone?
Well, yes, but I was curious about the HP, since it didn't seem to pertain to the criteria.  I did not mean to give offense with my question, and I apologize if I accidentally did so.  I'll simply step out of the conversation, now. 

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: January 08, 2014, 12:51:00 pm »

-------------------
I did not mean to give offense with my question, and I apologize if I accidentally did so.
If anyone should apologize it's me, I tried to make that sound not aggressive at all but I guess when it come to topics of Aggron nature I can get into the pokemon role a little too easily. Sorry 'bout that.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: January 08, 2014, 02:13:02 pm »

Limber is pretty good too. Thunder wave is a very common status move, so you can use Hwalucha to absorb them. Or at least you will only have to worry about burn if you're playing him as your sweeper.

Not to mention unburden only works the first time you lose an item and the buff gets removed after you switch out.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 463