Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 672992 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Battle Analyzer patched out
« Reply #2490 on: December 28, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »

The way I play Pokemon I need like 6 leftovers just to function. I rarely see the point of using anything else.

Unless it's a multi battle of some sort. Leftovers is pretty meh there. Sitrus berry is way better.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: December 28, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »

I think I had a recovery-based Parasect at one point that was able to heal 24% of it's HP at the end of every turn after a setup move (Grassy Terrain)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: December 28, 2013, 06:33:56 pm »

Those sorts of things are always hilarious to use. They just heal so much.

It's very unexpected too. I've seen some very brutal rain dish teams before. Tentacruel, Blastoise, and the omni-irritating Goodra for rain dance and hydration.

Blastoise can aqua ring + rain dish + leftovers for some incredibly bullshit healing levels.

-------------

I've been experimenting with more ways to improve my ultimate douchebag stall team. I removed Reuniclus and Florges temporarily while I play with others. So far I found that in my current team, only Slowking, Sableye, and Gliscor are irreplacable cores. I'm playing with regenerator Audino and magic guard Clefable for now to see how it goes. Audino has heal bell, which replaces Florges's aromatheraphy and it also comes with regenerator... so that means I can actually switch it in to use heal bell.

One of the biggest problems I had with Florges is that I had to switch it in to get rid of statuses. Florges only has wish to heal with and it is very, very poor against physical attacks. One earthquake would wipe it out. So it was hard to use (though it was excellent against dragons). Not to mention its ability is useless.

So now I have Clefable and Audino instead. Clefable can take up the fairy typing duties of Florges and it comes with the added benefit of actually having a damn good ability. Magic guard means I can switch into toxic and burn and all the other slow killing abilities with no problem. Furthermore, if I find Audino to be bad, I can put aromatherapy on it too. Also, have you seen how huge Clefable's movepool is? It's pretty insane. It can more or less do anything! I'm actually very tempted to put a toxic orb on it so it becomes immune to status entirely.

The big problem I have right now is that I'm quite weak to fairy types as I have zero poison or steel attacks to speak of. Not to mention substitute gives me a lot of problems. I also have no way to remove entry hazards, though most of the time they won't get a chance to get off anything more than a stealth rock which I don't really care about. Do you guys have any ideas?

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: December 28, 2013, 08:01:56 pm »

Reset bags are rather common. It's approximately a 1/10 chance. Make sure you're getting the maximum drop chance by waking up sleeping pokemon and maybe using team flare bags. It's not unusual to get one every minute of tapping at the screen.
I don't believe that one bit - why? 1/10 is far more common than the 2 in 45 hours of rapidly pressing the core bag i have done, in fact 1/10 has been Large stat bags for me, and large bags are more common than resets, so that's just too impossible for me to believe.

It's like i said: if you've the time to level a Pokemon from lv1 to lv 100 in one day with x/y EXP, I envy your freedom.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:58 pm »

iirc, it was simply Grassy Terrain, Toxic Orb w/ Poison Heal, Leech Seed and Ingrain or some move like that, as well as Synthesis or a similar move and then something offensive.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: December 28, 2013, 09:59:09 pm »

Rest assured I don't really care if you believe it or not. It doesn't change the fact that it's true.

----------

Tsuchigumo: Parasect doesn't have poison heal though. It has dry skin which needs sunny day to activate the healing.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: December 28, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »

Rest assured I don't really care if you believe it or not. It doesn't change the fact that it's true.
Teh Webz always demands some Proofs or it's not true.

But seriously if it is 1/10 for resets why the heck am I always getting large bags and small bags, heck I've only ever gotten 2 reset and two flare bags...so...with a 45hours of doing it only 5 of those being auto-mode, i just simply can't fathom it being 1/10 for resets unless some math equation ripped from game is posted somewhere reliable and you link me to said proof.
It's just that surreal sounding.

EDIT: these 40 manual 5 auto hours of core training I speak of are offline hours in the last few weeks, to save on battery charge to maximize time to do such core training with. i just can't see it being that common if it so rarely appears for me, that's what's surreal.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 10:48:13 pm by RekkaAtsuma »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2497 on: December 28, 2013, 10:20:10 pm »

So I've been looking at things and have been wondering, does Hyper Beam on Mega Gardevoir sound like a good idea? Sure, it has the rather large drawback of having to recharge the next turn, but look it the damage it would do. Gardevoir has high special attack, Hyper Beam is special, has 150  base power, and Pixilate raises its power by 30% (Whenever that's applied in the equation.). That, plus the fairy type change, and the possibility of throwing in a calm mind or two, and you essentially have a kill button.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: December 28, 2013, 10:33:12 pm »

So I've been looking at things and have been wondering, does Hyper Beam on Mega Gardevoir sound like a good idea? Sure, it has the rather large drawback of having to recharge the next turn, but look it the damage it would do. Gardevoir has high special attack, Hyper Beam is special, has 150  base power, and Pixilate raises its power by 30% (Whenever that's applied in the equation.). That, plus the fairy type change, and the possibility of throwing in a calm mind or two, and you essentially have a kill button.
Seems legit. Give it a shot and let us know.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #2499 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:50 pm »

Unfortunately, it will be a bit before I can give it a shot.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: December 29, 2013, 02:20:45 am »

Unfortunately, it will be a bit before I can give it a shot.

Honestly, that was one of the first things I did to my Aurorus, who has Refridgerate, the ice-type version of the -ate abilities. While powerful, it's problematic if you're not using the Shift battle mode because the recharge period carries over. Giving a free turn for a Mega Scizor or Mega Mawile to set up Swords Dance is not something you really want.

It's still a decent move to keep around, though. Hurts like hell.
Also often called Boowells.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: December 29, 2013, 10:53:15 am »

I like the idea of having a killsat, and you could potentially have two other moves or a Baton Pass strategy to keep your opponent from taking full advantage of your turn loss.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: December 29, 2013, 02:10:26 pm »

It's still a decent move to keep around, though. Hurts like hell.
And considering the SpA difference between Aurorus and Mega Gardevoir...

It kinda hurts just to think about it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: December 29, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

It's not unreasonable to use the -ate abilities to improve stuff like this but, yeah that one-turn recharge hurts, However, If it is indeed the only way to take out their suped-up counter to your whole team, It's worth carrying.

But, I'd rather use Hyper Voice on Mega Gardevoir to abuse her pixilate myself, as i just don't like Hyper beam.

Something i don't know, despite doing rotations myself(remember i don't use hyper beam), but, in rotations, if you use Hyper Beam, can you still rotate out, or does the recharge lock you in place? I wouldn't be surprised if you get locked. Hyper is that much of a power-house move, it's meant to be a one-shot execution move so there should be just as big a drawback.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: December 29, 2013, 03:51:11 pm »

Considering rotation is done from the fight menu, the recharge turn would lock it out.

Also, I was unaware Gardevoir got Hyper Voice.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 463